No announcement yet.

2023 SLT Men's Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is more entertaining is that IF(notice the LGR capitalization effect) ORU wins the SLT and the NCAA sends him to the coldest city hosting first round games. Would Coach MIlls start ranting about the NCAA not sending him to Florida, Arizona, or vacation venues in Tulsa, Ok. Mills is a comical clown and he does not realize it!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      What is more entertaining is that IF(notice the LGR capitalization effect) ORU wins the SLT and the NCAA sends him to the coldest city hosting first round games. Would Coach MIlls start ranting about the NCAA not sending him to Florida, Arizona, or vacation venues in Tulsa, Ok. Mills is a comical clown and he does not realize it!
      Mills theory about crowds influencing officials didnt quite happen last night on the no call at the end. But if a tesm is going to get screwed on a call, usd would be my first choice. Sadly i missed Peterson chasing the officials off the court(that was Zimmer that said that) and also missed the usd students throwing things at the officials as they left the court. I did catch the 2 female students flipping off 2 bison fans.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

Mills theory about crowds influencing officials didnt quite happen last night on the no call at the end. But if a tesm is going to get screwed on a call, usd would be my first choice. Sadly i missed Peterson chasing the officials off the court(that was Zimmer that said that) and also missed the usd students throwing things at the officials as they left the court. I did catch the 2 female students flipping off 2 bison fans.
        Screwed seems accurate on the call. The turnover was likely more of their problem when they had the ball at about 30 seconds. Nelson was "taunting" the crowd at the buzzer which was a bit bold with the circumstances. Skunberg was on fire which was a key for the bison. Overall, it was an entertaining game with the expected outcome. It will be a tough match tonight.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

i will have to go back and check what he has done for points against them this year, but i think this is a bit of a tough matchup for him. I think i would be telling him to focus on defense and rebounding and just letting the offense come to him tomorrow

if he can shut down one of their posts and grab 10 boards, whatever we get on offense will be a bonus. i FULLY expect Mayo to be fine, but he will obviously be their focus and they tend to not suck defensively.. AA has actually had some of the best games of his career against the bison
          I think WKIII will get a few key blocks and boards, although I agree that he might not have the highest point total.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I think WKIII will get a few key blocks and boards, although I agree that he might not have the highest point total.
            he has actually played well against them in both games. in fargo he played less than 20 minutes but was 3 of 5 from the floor and had 6 boards. in brookings i think he was 6 of 6, if i remember correctly. also had 8 boards, 3 blocks, and 2 steals

Comment

Only 24 hrs Paul....who's it gonna be Paul? NDSU or SDSU?
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

How many players does oru graduate? Do they all get their extra covid year next year? Or who is gone for sure?
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Good luck to the ORU Golden Eagles in the NCAA Tournament. This is an experienced and talented team. They should be a team capable of success at the tournament. I will be waiting for Mills to complain about his destination for their first game.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    How many players does oru graduate? Do they all get their extra covid year next year? Or who is gone for sure?
                    According to the ORU website.
                    Oral Roberts would honored Abmas, Carlos Jurgens, Thompson, Connor Vanover and DeShang Weaver postgame, the team's five seniors.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      Good luck to the ORU Golden Eagles in the NCAA Tournament. This is an experienced and talented team. They should be a team capable of success at the tournament. I will be waiting for Mills to complain about his destination for their first game.
                      All depends on the draw. Latest guess I saw had them as a 12 seed playing Iowa State. Which could be a good draw since the Cyclones can struggle offensively.

Comment

Sorry I didn't see this during the discussion of Mills. Does anyone remember why ORU left the Southland and came back to the Summit? I attended a game in Tulsa shortly after their Summit return and was depressed by the experience for years, although things are probably better now than the 300 (reported as 3000) actual souls rattling around in that depressing 1970's arena. At the risk of ticking off those that dread the threat of reconstituting the NCC, it seems things would be better if Augie and another Minnesota school (or my favorite, Central Missouri) would be in, and ORU back in the Southland (or whatever it's going to be rebranded as) and WIU (although it's my shortest drive) in the OVC. (do not try to diagram that last, runon sentence).

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                          Sorry I didn't see this during the discussion of Mills. Does anyone remember why ORU left the Southland and came back to the Summit? I attended a game in Tulsa shortly after their Summit return and was depressed by the experience for years, although things are probably better now than the 300 (reported as 3000) actual souls rattling around in that depressing 1970's arena. At the risk of ticking off those that dread the threat of reconstituting the NCC, it seems things would be better if Augie and another Minnesota school (or my favorite, Central Missouri) would be in, and ORU back in the Southland (or whatever it's going to be rebranded as) and WIU (although it's my shortest drive) in the OVC. (do not try to diagram that last, runon sentence).
                          Their reduced travel expenses and regional rivalries reportedly weren't realized once Southland expanded. I hope they go back.

Comment

Their reduced travel expenses and regional rivalries reportedly weren't realized once Southland expanded. I hope they go back.
                            is there something else about ORU that you do not care for? other than MBB head whiner Mills? i will have difficulty wanting them to have success in ncaa because of him, but generally, i feel like, i appreciate the way their players carry themselves

beyond that, i do not know if it is actually KNOWN?? but lots of people seem to think UST will not have a long stay in the summit if we lose them and ORU we are back to 8. i think 8 works fine. in some ways it is really good, but if you have 8 and you lose anybody, you are in trouble

as much as Mills bothers me, i would choose ORU every day over augustana!! we absolutely DO NOT need 3 D1 schools in one of the least populated states in the country and if we think Mills is annoying, he is a delight compared to augie fans

i dont know who other reasonable replacements would be? Northwest Missouri is obviously a D2 power. would they ever consider D1? i have no idea. i do know that there is no, what i would call, a good way to get to Maryville. that would feel like another Macomb

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

is there something else about ORU that you do not care for? other than MBB head whiner Mills? i will have difficulty wanting them to have success in ncaa because of him, but generally, i feel like, i appreciate the way their players carry themselves

beyond that, i do not know if it is actually KNOWN?? but lots of people seem to think UST will not have a long stay in the summit if we lose them and ORU we are back to 8. i think 8 works fine. in some ways it is really good, but if you have 8 and you lose anybody, you are in trouble

as much as Mills bothers me, i would choose ORU every day over augustana!! we absolutely DO NOT need 3 D1 schools in one of the least populated states in the country and if we think Mills is annoying, he is a delight compared to augie fans

i dont know who other reasonable replacements would be? Northwest Missouri is obviously a D2 power. would they ever consider D1? i have no idea. i do know that there is no, what i would call, a good way to get to Maryville. that would feel like another Macomb
                              Let's just say that their use of transfers, Mills' statements about the Summit Tourney, and their mercenarial conference affiliations have me viewing them as more an agent of chaos than one of stability.

I'd have to disagree with your assessment of Augie's sports (with the exception of football). I'd trade WIU for Augie in a heartbeat (hoping they'd move to Pioneer for FB), and the only aspect of ORU leaving again that I'd mourn would be that I'd lose a regime, my despisal of which ranks up there with NDSU.

Comment

Let's just say that their use of transfers, Mills' statements about the Summit Tourney, and their mercenarial conference affiliations have me viewing them as more an agent of chaos than one of stability.

I'd have to disagree with your assessment of Augie's sports (with the exception of football). I'd trade WIU for Augie in a heartbeat (hoping they'd move to Pioneer for FB), and the only aspect of ORU leaving again that I'd mourn would be that I'd lose a regime, my despisal of which ranks up there with NDSU.
                                yes i guess i agree with you that they do seem to have a huge advantage in use of the transfer option. they have had very impactful transfers for MBB and the WBB have several quality transfers also. I know that coach Nagy was never a fan of transfers and much preferred 4 year players. AJ has shown much the same preference. Hendo has had obvious success with juco transfers and Charley, but i dont have a good reason why we seem to not get too many impactful transfers. you would think players who prioritize winning would have us very high on their list

regarding Augie, you are saying there would be no issue with 3 D1 schools in SD? i am not saying it would have a significant negative impact on our recruiting but as far as recruiting in SD, there are limited D1 kids here and losing any good ones does not help in any way. or you were saying you like their fans better than oru?

i know travel to WIU is a pain. why else would you want to lose them? i know travel cost is a thing, but we have always recruited Illinois in both FB and basketball, at the very least, when we play at WIU their families can watch them play without traveling quite as far. i actually like WIU and would like to see their programs get stronger

Comment

Working...
                                X