Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LakeJack
    replied
    Maybe our friends from ORU should go find a conference they like better and then come crawling back with their tail feathers tucked between their legs again. Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    He got a hotel with an omelette station, what more could he want ?
    The eggs weren't free range; the cheese wasn't gouda, and his OJ was too pulpy

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    He got a hotel with an omelette station, what more could he want ?

Leave a comment:

• West-River_Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    Well, Coach Mills is leading a contingent to host SLT in Tulsa. It will be interesting to follow this trail if it becomes available.. If the 2022-23 COY can get this accomplished, we can remove the Whiner of the Year tag. The dollars from sponsors will need to grow dramatically for that to result. At least Kampe maintained a sense of humor and a helping of reality when talking about being between a rock and a hard place. Kampe also won a couple of SLT championships in front of real crowds(not sold tickets like ORU likes to report). Mills might consider his chain of command and leave the operations of the league to the ADs and Presidents. By the way, the ORU fans who showed up for the 18-0 might be considered disappointing. If UND outnumbered the Golden Eagles, it was not significant.. Thanks for the light thoughts from Mills!
    https://tulsaworld.com/sports/colleg...e3d8cfbfd.html
    I really do get that other coaches in the league dislike playing the tourney in the Denny. If SDSU was travelling to a hostile environment we would dislike it too. We might even complain. If Tulsa wins the bid, the F'ing Hawks will have to travel about 875 miles, further than the 575 (not quite 600) miles from Tulsa to Sioux Falls. Denver would be a little over 700 miles away. Denver is about 625 miles from the Denny. If Tulsa bids, where will they host it? The Mabee Center is out as it is ORU's home. If they choose the Reynolds Center, which has hosted a couple of other conference tournaments, they will be admitting they can't draw like Sioux Falls as the capacity for basketball is 8355. If they bid it in the Bank of Oklahoma Center they will have the opportunity for optimism as it seats over 18,000 for basketball. I assume the costs might also be higher. That arena is 615 miles from Frost Arena.

If the Tulsa bid is successful, and assuming a good season for both the men and women, how many Jackrabbit fans would go to Tulsa? Does that number change if 'rabbit fans have also traveled to Frisco for the football championship that same year?

Leave a comment:

• GoJacks2011
    replied
    Well, Coach Mills is leading a contingent to host SLT in Tulsa. It will be interesting to follow this trail if it becomes available.. If the 2022-23 COY can get this accomplished, we can remove the Whiner of the Year tag. The dollars from sponsors will need to grow dramatically for that to result. At least Kampe maintained a sense of humor and a helping of reality when talking about being between a rock and a hard place. Kampe also won a couple of SLT championships in front of real crowds(not sold tickets like ORU likes to report). Mills might consider his chain of command and leave the operations of the league to the ADs and Presidents. By the way, the ORU fans who showed up for the 18-0 might be considered disappointing. If UND outnumbered the Golden Eagles, it was not significant.. Thanks for the light thoughts from Mills!
    ORU has their own T Denny which is the Hobby Lobby family the Green’s. They bailed them out years ago when the Roberts family almost destroyed the university. They could actually find some resources to make it a competitive bid. They won’t ever match us though in terms of attendance and local excitement around the tournament.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Hopefully Stallone isn't part of that Tulsa contingent.

They're getting more specific about incentives Sioux Falls offers the Summit, so I'd expect another article in the not-too-distant future detailing Tulsa's formalization of a host bid. Even this somewhat dated article suggests that Sioux Falls' $1M host payment is exceeded considerably by resulting economic profits.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied
    To bad the league doesnt have fun coaches like kampe anymore. Maybe just oru makes coaches miserable like Stinkwhiner for the womens team years ago.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied
    Dude just likes to complain. Why didnt he withdraw from the tourney when sdsu or ndsu have been the top seed. If you want the best to go just name the regular season champ. Sdsu should have gone most years by his logic.

The article was pretty good just gives the other 3 dakota schools way to much respect for crowd size and influence. Why have tournaments at all. Why not just have the top 2 schools compete for conference title and top 2 teams compete for national title if you go with his line of thinking. The top 2 seeds get a lot of advantages yet he still complains.

Leave a comment:

• LakeJack
    replied
    More from Coach Mills.

Leave a comment:

• ringthebells
    replied
    Anytime he sets foot in the Denny we should let him know we are there. ORU walks through to get to a dressing room, let him know. ORU plops down to take in the game before theirs, let him know. They announce his whiny ass during intros of any game, let him know. Make sure it is him and not one of his 1,000 assistants that all dress like his little minions.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

do they respect him really? maybe they do. if we had a coach act like that i would be hoping for J Sell to do something about it

honestly i do NOT think i am just being biased, so tell me if i am wrong. have we EVER had a coach act like this?? certainly not on any type of consistent basis. i would be incredibly annoyed if we had a coach acting like this
    This precedes his lamentation, but it sounds like their AD is willing to placate the Baby from Baylor.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

Mills is a douche bag and not very well respected from my understanding, unless you are a ORU fan.
    do they respect him really? maybe they do. if we had a coach act like that i would be hoping for J Sell to do something about it

honestly i do NOT think i am just being biased, so tell me if i am wrong. have we EVER had a coach act like this?? certainly not on any type of consistent basis. i would be incredibly annoyed if we had a coach acting like this

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by Southeast View Post

It seems weird for him to be pre-loading an excuse.

If we lose to them, oh well - they’re better this year. If we take them out, I’ll enjoy even more after hearing him whine before the tourney even starts!
    that was one of the things i was thinking too. somebody is feeling the pressure of needing to validate an 18-0 regular season by winning the SLT. so he is getting his excuses in ahead of time

but mostly i just think he likes to wine

it is unfortunate. i think the players he has had have represented ORU very well but he is a very poor person to be one of the public faces of the school

Leave a comment:

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied
    Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

Yep i truly have a ton of respect for the school!! and have enjoyed many of their players!! but Mills is not particularly likeable!! you know he gets paid (A LOT) to coach a game! (have you ever heard Hendo talk about not really thinking he (hendo) even has a real job?) and somehow he always manages to think the deck is stacked against him!!

it is really amazing what an incredibly different attitude their previous WBB coach had. she always had a great understanding why the games were played in SD and ALWAYS seemed thankful for the chance to have her team play in front of so many passionate basketball fans

off topic but it is unfortunate that she was fired. she was a very good representative of the school and the game. what did they gain from the move?? the style is different but are the results? they finished 5th this year i believe last year they were 3rd
    on the same note what did the UNO men gain? finished in last place with the same players plus additions that the new coach wanted

back to coach mills
    does he know that the SLT was in Tulsa previously? does NOT seem like it. did NOT put up even close to the numbers!!! he says games without the jacks and yotes are poorly attended HAHAHA, yes they are not packed but they are very well attended. WAY WAY WAY more than non ORU games would be or ever were attended in Tulsa

i bet someone here has the numbers
    but i think SLT MBB is the biggest attended league championship tourney outside the P5 or very close
    and SLT WBB is simply one of the best attended WBB tourney in the country no matter what conference

if mills cared about the league OR the game in general in ANY way, he would admit that playing in SF is a great opportunity, but he has a normal, very selfish, very limited view of the tournament. i am honestly surprised that ORU apparently does not speak to him about his whiney selfish communication with the media
    Mills is a douche bag and not very well respected from my understanding, unless you are a ORU fan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X