Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldHare
    replied
    Good luck to the ORU Golden Eagles in the NCAA Tournament. This is an experienced and talented team. They should be a team capable of success at the tournament. I will be waiting for Mills to complain about his destination for their first game.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied
    How many players does oru graduate? Do they all get their extra covid year next year? Or who is gone for sure?

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied
    Only 24 hrs Paul....who's it gonna be Paul? NDSU or SDSU?

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I think WKIII will get a few key blocks and boards, although I agree that he might not have the highest point total.
    he has actually played well against them in both games. in fargo he played less than 20 minutes but was 3 of 5 from the floor and had 6 boards. in brookings i think he was 6 of 6, if i remember correctly. also had 8 boards, 3 blocks, and 2 steals

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

i will have to go back and check what he has done for points against them this year, but i think this is a bit of a tough matchup for him. I think i would be telling him to focus on defense and rebounding and just letting the offense come to him tomorrow

if he can shut down one of their posts and grab 10 boards, whatever we get on offense will be a bonus. i FULLY expect Mayo to be fine, but he will obviously be their focus and they tend to not suck defensively.. AA has actually had some of the best games of his career against the bison
    I think WKIII will get a few key blocks and boards, although I agree that he might not have the highest point total.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied
    Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

Mills theory about crowds influencing officials didnt quite happen last night on the no call at the end. But if a tesm is going to get screwed on a call, usd would be my first choice. Sadly i missed Peterson chasing the officials off the court(that was Zimmer that said that) and also missed the usd students throwing things at the officials as they left the court. I did catch the 2 female students flipping off 2 bison fans.
    Screwed seems accurate on the call. The turnover was likely more of their problem when they had the ball at about 30 seconds. Nelson was "taunting" the crowd at the buzzer which was a bit bold with the circumstances. Skunberg was on fire which was a key for the bison. Overall, it was an entertaining game with the expected outcome. It will be a tough match tonight.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    What is more entertaining is that IF(notice the LGR capitalization effect) ORU wins the SLT and the NCAA sends him to the coldest city hosting first round games. Would Coach MIlls start ranting about the NCAA not sending him to Florida, Arizona, or vacation venues in Tulsa, Ok. Mills is a comical clown and he does not realize it!
    Mills theory about crowds influencing officials didnt quite happen last night on the no call at the end. But if a tesm is going to get screwed on a call, usd would be my first choice. Sadly i missed Peterson chasing the officials off the court(that was Zimmer that said that) and also missed the usd students throwing things at the officials as they left the court. I did catch the 2 female students flipping off 2 bison fans.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied
    What is more entertaining is that IF(notice the LGR capitalization effect) ORU wins the SLT and the NCAA sends him to the coldest city hosting first round games. Would Coach MIlls start ranting about the NCAA not sending him to Florida, Arizona, or vacation venues in Tulsa, Ok. Mills is a comical clown and he does not realize it!

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

Was it better than after the game where his coaches had to pull him back from attacking the refs?
    do you mean todays game during the game? he was definitely fired up and i would prefer a better example of responding to difficulty more positively but seems like it is pretty much the norm anymore to expect coaches to be fired up.

just saying i appreciated he was not making any excuses after the game and focused on the things he and his team could control

maybe you are talking about a different day??

editing. after more thought, i guess you are saying he was bad walking off the floor? i did not see that. tuned out from the final horn until the press conferences. my personal philosophy was always to respond to the crap i could not control the same way i wanted my players to react. obviously if he went after the refs that is not the example i think a coach should set.

i am trying to have a slightly better attitude about usd. i actually look for reasons to not completely despise them. seems like you are trying to make it harder for me to achieve this goal))) haha

Leave a comment:

• SteelSD
    replied
    Appreciated Coach Peterson comments after the game!! excellent attitude!
    Was it better than after the game where his coaches had to pull him back from attacking the refs?

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Appreciated Coach Peterson comments after the game!! excellent attitude!

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied

I think Mayo & WKIII will get back on track tomorrow and help increase the margin of victory.
    i will have to go back and check what he has done for points against them this year, but i think this is a bit of a tough matchup for him. I think i would be telling him to focus on defense and rebounding and just letting the offense come to him tomorrow

if he can shut down one of their posts and grab 10 boards, whatever we get on offense will be a bonus. i FULLY expect Mayo to be fine, but he will obviously be their focus and they tend to not suck defensively.. AA has actually had some of the best games of his career against the bison

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

hahahah you KNOW i was not saying i am HOPING for a close game. i would love to see us mop the floor with them, but you tell me the last time that happened?
    I think Mayo & WKIII will get back on track tomorrow and help increase the margin of victory.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied

Sure hope not. I'd prefer a double-digit win for Jacks.
    hahahah you KNOW i was not saying i am HOPING for a close game. i would love to see us mop the floor with them, but you tell me the last time that happened?

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

If he's smart he gets the hell out of Fargo one way or another for next season.
    i hear you, but that is not a trend that is good for the jacks. if ndsu starts to consistently have good players leave early it hurts the league and hurts the jacks. obviously i know he is good, but i am shocked there was minimal effort at best by him or the team to get him the ball on the last two possessions. obviously it worked out

Leave a comment:

Working...
X