FYI...Mid-Con Name change...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FYI...Mid-Con Name change...

If you want to improve a product, improve the product. Changing the name doesn't do that. Name changeds are for keeping upper management off the back of marketing for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by RodentiaX1
      If you want to improve a product, improve the product. Changing the name doesn't do that. Name changeds are for keeping upper management off the back of marketing for a while.  
      They already did that. They added the Jackrabbits!

Comment

Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1169619388]This Thread[/link]

Comment

Article from NDSU's student newspaper about a possible Mid-Con name change:

http://www.ndsuspectrum.com/sports/S...ts_midcon.html

Mid-Con mulls name change

* By Todd Deutsch
          * Sports Editor

North Dakota State athletics might not compete in the Mid-Continent Conference after all.

NDSU will still join the league, but might refer to it as something else.

The league has formed a search committee to find a new name for the conference, citing the geographical context of the name is not reflective of the current teams.

During a meeting in March, the league will decide if it should lose the Mid-Continent Conference name. From there, it will begin examining name suggestions from the search committee. (read more)

Comment

I like the name Pacific-Southern Athletic conference. It might not describe the exact location where all the teams are from, but we could always tell people we play in the P-SAC.
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Have been informed that discussion will take place this weekend among the presidents and AD's at the Mid-Con tourney about a possible name change and other issues.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
                I like the name Pacific-Southern Athletic conference.   It might not describe the exact location where all the teams are from, but we could always tell people we play in the P-SAC.
                I vote for the name change to P-SAC.

is that something simmilar to South Harmon Insitute of Technology.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Just call the conference the MID.

You have the WAC. You have the MAC.

Why not the Mid?

Just get rid of the -Con and you're good. Don't even need to change the stationary.

Until you design a cool new logo, that is . . .
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Maybe the Collegian should do an article on it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper
                      Maybe the Collegian should do an article on it.....
                      I would say the Mid-Con could not care less what a student paper thinks about it ;D...I Hope that was sarcasm I was sensing when I read this the first time....

Comment

Maybe the logo to the right is the new mid-con logo.

http://www.mid-con.com/champs/sports/mbball/

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Rabbit
                          Maybe the logo to the right is the new mid-con logo.

http://www.mid-con.com/champs/sports/mbball/

I think that's the tournament logo, but it would be an improvement over the plain Mid-Con logo.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

From the Fargo paper (sub. site but it is free):

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/158180

Vote to decide name

Jeff Kolpack,
                            The Forum
                            Published Friday, March 02, 2007

Don’t get too cozy with the sound of Mid-Continent Conference, North Dakota State fans. The league is in the final stages of changing its name.

The Bison are slated to join the league next season – whatever it will be called.

League athletic directors are scheduled to discuss a list of finalists today, one day before the Mid-Con men’s and women’s postseason basketball tournaments begin in Tulsa, Okla.

Each of the 10 schools submitted up to seven names. That list was whittled to 30, then to 10 and currently stands at four to six.

The President’s Council has the final vote on the change.

Some names that surfaced are the Great American, Pinnacle and Summit. There are potential problems with any name, however.

The Great American Conference may sound like a winner to some, but NDSU athletic director Gene Taylor said it’s questionable if the abbreviation when sounded out – “Gack” for GAC – is something the league would want.

The new name will probably look similar to the modification the Horizon League made in 2001. Formerly known as the Midwestern Collegiate Conference with schools such as Wisconsin-Green Bay, Loyola Chicago, Cleveland State and Detroit Mercy, it wanted to get away from the “Mid” label, which some league members said caused confusion with the Mid-American and Mid-Continent conferences. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

The only charter members remaining are Northern Iowa and Western Illinois.
                              Northern Iowa is in the Missouri Valley Conference. I think he meant to say, Valparaiso.

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

I like the Great American Conference.

Comment

Working...
                                X