No announcement yet.

Transfer portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think we'll see David Jenkins here. Or at USD. His family is from Washington. I think he'll stay out West somewhere.

Comment

Tamell Pearson from WIU enters the portal. There are right at 700 players in there, adding close to 100 per day this week. What % of those players will actually find a new home ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Tamell Pearson from WIU enters the portal. There are right at 700 players in there, adding close to 100 per day this week. What % of those players will actually find a new home ?
        13 scholarships and 358 D-I schools (not counting D-II or others entering the portal) make it 4,654 D-I scholarships available. So we're up to about 15% of all D-I scholarship slots represented by players in the portal--that's an average of just less than 2 scholarship players from every D-I team in the portal.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I for one have no problem with the current transfer situation. We need to find more ways where players want to stay rather than ways to hold them hostage. The coach can sign a 10 year contract extension on monday and be hired as head coach at another school on Tuesday. If players Don t really want to be in a certain place your not going to get full commitment out of them anyway.

Comment

Jessi Giles from DSU (NAIA) is entering as a grad transfer. She was a beast in NAIA. Someone can use her for sure.

Comment

Gophers Sara Scalia is now in the portal with 2 years remaining.

Comment

https://twitter.com/raoul_000/status...sMPczn5Y9xIm7A

Comment

With that, usd has lost their entire starting line-up from this year. There was going to be a drop for them, but this has turned into a complete rebuild. They need to hire a new coach fast!
                  Rollin' in my 5.0
                  With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                  Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post

With that, usd has lost their entire starting line-up from this year. There was going to be a drop for them, but this has turned into a complete rebuild. They need to hire a new coach fast!
                    they could still return. maybe just checking out their options, while they wait to see who the new coach is.

would their old coach want them to follow her???

would we want either one of these two? not saying it is possible or that anyone involved is thinking about it. i would feel like given our current guard situation that we would consider Krull. i would not have expected her to grow into the next star at usd. dont think she would be for us either!! but would probably be a good steady presence at the point for either school

it will be interesting to see what happens with these two. i feel like they may have been in about the best situation they could hope for. cannot imagine they want to go to another summit school and lose a lot. i could see them at like a UW green bay or creighton or drake

Comment

Part of me feels bad for the players. They have to feel somewhat lost/betrayed by their coach leaving. But man, the other part of me is loving watching used quite possibly imploding in front of our eyes, minus the part of the damage to the league.
                      Last edited by 98Jackfarmer; 04-06-2022, 08:28 AM.

Comment

If those two actually leave we'll likely be playing in the worst version of the Summit League since we entered it. USD only had one bench player that showed much (Larkins) and if abandoned by everyone she'd probably be looking around too. You also have to wonder about their recruits. Interesting times.

Thanks again to AJ for building a legacy at SDSU!

Comment

It would be interesting to know if Dawn's lead assistant was approached about the job. He may not have been interested, or maybe USD thought he wasn't ready to be a head coach. But it would have provided some stability for the program.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            It would be interesting to know if Dawn's lead assistant was approached about the job. He may not have been interested, or maybe USD thought he wasn't ready to be a head coach. But it would have provided some stability for the program.
                            it makes me think one of two things.

the athletic program did not think he was ready, because WHY would he not have been interested? unless he looked at the different level of talent and believed he would be in charge of a big dropoff in success. but that would seem a very unconfident way for someone it his profession to look at that situation

OR the athletic program was a little arrogant and perhaps overplayed their hand. they thought they were going to get someone they viewed as BIG and missed

definitely seems like the smart move was get someone FAST who would be able to keep going on the road they started and offer stability to returning players and recruits. maybe one day we will know why that did not happen???

Comment

Yikes. Maybe they will stay and just are exploring their options but regardless, the lack of commitment there after such a successful year is a red flag. How we have been fortunate enough to avoid major departures for so long is quite impressive. I don’t think people realize just how special AJ + our women’s program continue to be year in and year out.

Comment

That's tough. Krull is a good future player, and Watson was their "stopper". You lose those two in addition to the other 3, and that is going to hurt, I don't care who you bring in to coach.

Maybe they get one or two of them back?

Comment

Working...
                                X