No announcement yet.

Summit MBB 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Jackrabbits have the night off. St Thomas hosts ORU & Omaha hosts North Dakota. The free video of these games are available on the home school's website. UMKC MBB is following covid protocols. Midco is carrying the UND women hosting Omaha.. ESPN+ is carrying the bison wbb hosting Denver. UMKC & ORU WBB are covid protocols.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

That St Thomas/ORU game is a must-see for me. Tonight we find out just how good ST is.

Comment

ST seems to recruiting hard, they have signed a 3 and a 4 star recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          That St Thomas/ORU game is a must-see for me. Tonight we find out just how good ST is.
          Expect a lot of 3 attempts in this gsme.

Thsts one thing i worry when we play. Sdsu doesnt have the best 3pt defenses and ST shoots bunches of them. By far most in the conference at a respectable clip. In conference play i feel like we need to focus on the post, wilson and apple should dominate most games and dent is just another big body that tesms have to account for. Especially if we sre without fridel for a long stretch. As much as going through baylor is good, i feel charlie or back to arians to get the offensive flow going feed down to them or move the ball and get baylor in even better match ups. I will try to watch tonight if i can since we dont hsve a gsme. Going a week between games is to long.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Wow, UST's video production is about as high school as their gym. They're going to have to clean that up if they really have MVC/Big East-type dreams!

UST misses their first five 3's and has given up some wide open looks to ORU (who's not shooting well either). 10-4 ORU after the first 5:00.

Comment

Wow, UST's video production is about as high school as their gym. They're going to have to clean that up if they really have MVC/Big East-type dreams!

UST misses their first five 3's and has given up some wide open looks to ORU (who's not shooting well either). 10-4 ORU after the first 5:00.
              Not a fan of the camera angle! I do't mind the commentator, he is pretty vanilla though.

Comment

The only thing missing is a stage on one end.

Comment

One of the more interesting Summit games I've see for awhile. Both teams basically played 5 out on the perimeter all night. You could count on one hand the times that either team posted someone up down low. Will be interesting to see how the Tommies defend when Wilson and Appel plant themselves on the low block.

Comment

Derrick Hansen may not have the worst team after all.. Mavs shot 55% to beat UND 98-62. Mavs turned in 16 assists to UND at 8. Paul Bruns shot 3-12 with 1 assist. Bruns seems to be the spark thus far for UND.
                    Tommies had trouble with ORU as they shot 20% from 3pt on 7-34(27-68 overall). They also sent ORU to line 22 times while only shooting 8 for themselves. ORU nabbed 48 boards to Tommies 29. Abmas collected 38 points in 40 minutes as ORU opened it up late in the game.
                    ORU is 4-1 conference while Mavs & Tommies are 2-2.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

My current thoughts on the conference

1. South Dakota State
                      Most complete team, even without Freidel. Will need to find another gear on defense before March, though.
                      2. Oral Roberts
                      Abmas is awesome, but he needs another strong scorer alongside him. The Obanor transfer hurts this team a lot.
                      3. North Dakota State
                      This team is always going to find a way to be close in conference games. That defense will continue to be tough.
                      4. Western Illinois
                      Had a pretty good out of conference schedule, but has stumbled to start Summit League player. Nice rebound season so far.
                      5. Kansas City
                      Beat Missouri earlier this year, but hasn’t been able to play much due to COVID issues.
                      6. St. Thomas
                      I have a feeling St. Thomas will be much higher very soon. Great start on the D-1 reclassification!
                      7. South Dakota
                      Losing Plitzuweit (to injury) AND Umude (transfer to Arkansas) in 1 year sucks. 40 PPG in one offseason.
                      8. Denver
                      They lost to Ottawa University….. which is in Arizona? The bottom of this conference is really really bad.
                      9. Omaha
                      Really disappointed in the progression of this program.
                      10. North Dakota
                      Paul Sather had a pretty solid team at Northern State, but this UND team is a dumpster fire. Have 11 men in their rotation, and Bruns seems to be the only one with big time potential.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
                        My current thoughts on the conference

1. South Dakota State
                        Most complete team, even without Freidel. Will need to find another gear on defense before March, though.
                        2. Oral Roberts
                        Abmas is awesome, but he needs another strong scorer alongside him. The Obanor transfer hurts this team a lot.
                        3. North Dakota State
                        This team is always going to find a way to be close in conference games. That defense will continue to be tough.
                        4. Western Illinois
                        Had a pretty good out of conference schedule, but has stumbled to start Summit League player. Nice rebound season so far.
                        5. Kansas City
                        Beat Missouri earlier this year, but hasn’t been able to play much due to COVID issues.
                        6. St. Thomas
                        I have a feeling St. Thomas will be much higher very soon. Great start on the D-1 reclassification!
                        7. South Dakota
                        Losing Plitzuweit (to injury) AND Umude (transfer to Arkansas) in 1 year sucks. 40 PPG in one offseason.
                        8. Denver
                        They lost to Ottawa University….. which is in Arizona? The bottom of this conference is really really bad.
                        9. Omaha
                        Really disappointed in the progression of this program.
                        10. North Dakota
                        Paul Sather had a pretty solid team at Northern State, but this UND team is a dumpster fire. Have 11 men in their rotation, and Bruns seems to be the only one with big time potential.
                        NDSU's Grant Nelson went down with a non-contact knee injury yesterday. If serious, that would be a major blow for the Bison, as he is one of the up-and-coming young players in the conference.

Comment

January 10 Monday is the first round of makeup games. USD @ UND on Midco, Omaha @ KC on KC website, & NDSU @ Denver on Altitude 2. Also, ESPN is carrying a football game at 7 to keep channel surfing busy.

Comment

It could be a long conference year for the Fighting Hawks(0-4). They had 9 assists on 22 made shots while shooting 35%. The yotes(1-3) shot 47% with 28 made shots and 6 assists. There was a ton of dribble drive action. Yotes win easily 75-68. Attendance listed at 1207. Camera angles only showed a few in front rows and empty high corners.
                            KC(2-1) endured Omaha(2-4) and won 64-61. The 2 teams shot a combined 9-39 from 3pt. KC got off 65 shots compared to Omaha's 52. Attendance was 495.
                            I did not watch any of the Bison/Pios game as bison handle Pios after a 21 point halftime lead. Bison shoot 47.5% and win rebounds by 10. 526 turn out for this Monday night game.

Comment

St. Thomas not making the trip to the North Dakota schools this week due to COVID protocol.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                St. Thomas not making the trip to the North Dakota schools this week due to COVID protocol.
                                Again, I love how NDSU specifies it was Covid issues in Tommies' program while St. Thomas leaves it ambiguous.

Could be an interesting travel regimen for NDSU if the rescheduled game occurs 1/24 or 1/25, because it would have the Bison going to ORU on 1/22, back to Fargo for rescheduled game a couple days later, and then on road to 'Yotes.

Curious if they'd just stay in Sioux Falls through morning of 1/29 before heading to Brookings

Comment

Working...
                                X