• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Someone developed a cold sore??
    Not sure what that is supposed to mean?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

It means that the standards for cancelling games may need to be refined which might be allowing healthy players to continue. Even testing negative today can find tomorrow's participants could test positive even though asymptomatic. The NFL figured out how to respond to positive test situations and still send teams to the field. It does not minimize the affected players, but it does not stop the world from turning.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

they didn't give a reason why they canceled a game, "canceled" as the reason is not good enough , they need to use more specificity. Did they specify Covid as the reason, maybe I'm talking out of place?

Denver WBB did the same thing, now, I assume "cancelled" simply means it was cancelled due to Covid protocols and the standard used was they didn't have a minimum of 8 healthy players and one healthy coach. Maybe I should have just deleted this post....sheeesh
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-29-2021, 09:53 PM.

Comment

It means that the standards for cancelling games may need to be refined which might be allowing healthy players to continue. Even testing negative today can find tomorrow's participants could test positive even though asymptomatic. The NFL figured out how to respond to positive test situations and still send teams to the field. It does not minimize the affected players, but it does not stop the world from turning.
          Why didn’t you say that instead of the sarcastic response.
          Summit League put out their standards (At least 8 players & 1 coach).

Comment

Why didn’t you say that instead of the sarcastic response.
            Summit League put out their standards (At least 8 players & 1 coach).
            And it would seem that we could use the close contact to evade those numbers if the 8 players are not principal players. The day the rules changed there were 3 teams to skip games and then the 2nd day another team drops the weekend. It is an odd coincidence.

Additionally, the teams that have smaller rosters will have an advantage to skip games where starters are infected. If there is a larger roster which include walk on players, that team will be penalized resorting to players further down the bench. 7 available players may be a better number to place risk on those teams with smaller rosters.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Pro teams are in a different world in that they can just go out and hire more players. Saw today that an NBA teams has 27 players on their roster. College teams are limited to what they have on hand.

Comment

Horizon League with a different take on handling the COVID situation. http://www.detroitnews.com/story/spo...ps/9057581002/

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Horizon League with a different take on handling the COVID situation. http://www.detroitnews.com/story/spo...ps/9057581002/
                  The Oakland situation with 1 player effected seems like a bit of a dodge if the rest of the roster would be available. The 5 day rule would even remedy that situation. The 7 player and 1 coach basis may even create more attention in a program for vaccinations and general safety. Another thought to be considered was referred by the Midco announcers last night that the players are young and healthy and many times asymptomatic that may require protocol to be reexamined. It was a no one size fits all approach.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    they didn't give a reason why they canceled a game, "canceled" as the reason is not good enough , they need to use more specificity. Did they specify Covid as the reason, maybe I'm talking out of place?

Denver WBB did the same thing, now, I assume "cancelled" simply means it was cancelled due to Covid protocols and the standard used was they didn't have a minimum of 8 healthy players and one healthy coach. Maybe I should have just deleted this post....sheeesh
                    The reason was available (e.g., here). You may notice the 'Yotes don't specify their program being the reason for the cancellation in their SID news release, while NDSU does.

It'd seem making the League office the source of cancellation details could serve to reduce, if not eliminate, such discrepancies.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

The reason was available (e.g., here). You may notice the 'Yotes don't specify their program being the reason for the cancellation in their SID news release, while NDSU does.

It'd seem making the League office the source of cancellation details could serve to reduce, if not eliminate, such discrepancies.
                      Thanks jake, I don't look around enuff, I figured this, but I still like to see it in print.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        Thanks jake, I don't look around enuff, I figured this, but I still like to see it in print.
                        I believe this is at least the second time during the pandemic USD's media release has omitted their program being responsible for a cancellation

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Pro teams are in a different world in that they can just go out and hire more players. Saw today that an NBA teams has 27 players on their roster. College teams are limited to what they have on hand.
                          That reminds me of Nagy recruiting football players to fill the roster 1 year to finish an early transition year.

Comment

WIU Leathernecks travel to St Paul to take on the Tommies. It appears WIU took a wrong turn somewhere as the score 89-66 was a loss to St Thomas. Tommies shoot 53%.
                            ORU took out some frustrations on Omaha 107-62. There are a couple of WOWs tonight.

Comment

WIU was the early season darling after beating a bad Nebraska team, but seems to now be a team that chucks a lot of 3's and doesn't play much defense. St. Thomas now seems to be the favorite of all the podcasters. They may keep doing well, but let's check back after they have played someone other than Denver, Omaha and WIU. It appears to me that the class of the bunch are the two xDSU's and ORU, with a pretty significant drop-off for the rest of the field.

Comment

St. Thomas could be a factor way sooner than anyone anticipated. Sleeping giant in the Twin Cities.

Go Rabbits!!

Comment

Working...
                                X