Summit Players Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    What a mess. This transferring craze is nuts. No way the Summit ever becomes relevant if the best players jump ship every year. I also suspect it's going to make college basketball less interesting (at least to me). I remember the days when almost every team had guys staying 4 years. So much more fun to watch the same players vs. starting with a blank slate every year.
    Agree. Coaches will need to keep recruiting their entire roster every year.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

Agree. Coaches will need to keep recruiting their entire roster every year.
      As this article notes, Name, Image, and Likeness (NIL) considerations will add another variable to the mix later this year.

Comment

Transferring is nothing new. I think if a player wants to transfer they should be able to without issue, like any other student. They are doing what they think is best for themselves which is what any person is trying to do. Jackrabbits have been rather spoiled in the fact we don't see our top players leaving every year. The ones who have transferred over the years are the ones buried in the depth charts and see little to no playing time. Can't fault someone for looking for an opportunity to do what they love. Our programs have also seen their fair share of players transfer in, so the Jacks have definitely used the transfer abilities in their favor. You could argue we've seen more transfers come in than players transfer out. Where would the men be without Parks, Marshall, Larson, Moffitt, or Orris in their past? How about the women without Larson or Casico-Jensen? Even the current men's roster has Easley, Appel, Wingett, and Wilson who are all current transfers making their mark in Jackrabbit history.
        Rollin' in my 5.0
        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
          Transferring is nothing new. I think if a player wants to transfer they should be able to without issue, like any other student. They are doing what they think is best for themselves which is what any person is trying to do. Jackrabbits have been rather spoiled in the fact we don't see our top players leaving every year. The ones who have transferred over the years are the ones buried in the depth charts and see little to no playing time. Can't fault someone for looking for an opportunity to do what they love. Our programs have also seen their fair share of players transfer in, so the Jacks have definitely used the transfer abilities in their favor. You could argue we've seen more transfers come in than players transfer out. Where would the men be without Parks, Marshall, Larson, Moffitt, or Orris in their past? How about the women without Larson or Casico-Jensen? Even the current men's roster has Easley, Appel, Wingett, and Wilson who are all current transfers making their mark in Jackrabbit history.
          I don't think your wrong. But I think it is different. With the advent of social media and what not it seems like everyone is looking for the quick fix. NBA has players switching all the time it seems just to play with a buddy. Players now are looking for the magic bullet. Back in the day they probably transferred for a real legit reason, JMO. I might be old school but I long for the days of when you gave your word to a "guy: and they held up their end of the deal you did too. That is fading fast IMO.

Comment

I just have the feeling that some teams that are losing in max exodus have players that are talking to each other and saying "F" it. I don't think we can win our league next year, screw it i'm out. That's not how it should be. IMO

Comment

Whether this level of transferring is good or bad for students, it sure isn’t going to be good for fan support at mid-major schools. How many times would you watch your team go through an exodus like UND is going through before spending your time and money elsewhere?

Comment

Stanley Umude is leaving USD, for either a professional career or as a grad transfer.

Comment

Andrew Kallman, a 6-4 PG, has committed to NDSU. Was a great role player for D-2 Northern State. Kallman, from Chaska, Minn., averaged 9.8 points, 3.9 rebounds and 4.4 assists per game this past season.He also shot 47% from the field and 41% from 3-point range.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
                    Andrew Kallman, a 6-4 PG, has committed to NDSU. Was a great role player for D-2 Northern State. Kallman, from Chaska, Minn., averaged 9.8 points, 3.9 rebounds and 4.4 assists per game this past season.He also shot 47% from the field and 41% from 3-point range.
                    He will help them.

Comment

It's not just Summit League players on the move. USD is losing lead assistant Gameli Ahelegbe to St. Thomas. Sounds like he is a Twin Cities native and got his Masters at St Thomas. That leaves Todd Lee with two relatively inexperienced assistants.

Comment

McKissic to Florida

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          It's not just Summit League players on the move. USD is losing lead assistant Gameli Ahelegbe to St. Thomas. Sounds like he is a Twin Cities native and got his Masters at St Thomas. That leaves Todd Lee with two relatively inexperienced assistants.
                          Sounds like AJP will be another asst. coach

Comment

Stanley Umude will play in Arkansas next year.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                              Stanley Umude will play in Arkansas next year.
                              Sounds like his former room-mate at USD is on the Arkansas staff as a grad assistant. He likely won't put up numbers like he did last season, simply because he will be on a much more talented team. But he also won't be drawing the kind of defensive attention like he saw with the Yotes.

Comment

Arkansas was an Elite 8 team, so definitely a big move for him. It worked out quite well for Matt Mooney a few years ago; I think Umude has similar talent to make an impact.

Comment

Working...
                                X