• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigticket1
    replied
    Re: Summit MBB 2018-19 conference

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    Denver just got destroyed by USD. Boy, I got think Billups is in trouble.
    He's got the highest rated recruiting class in the conference coming in, so that may buy him some time. But they have gone from a team that you didn't want to play in Sioux Falls, to likely not even making the tournament in one year.

Leave a comment:

• 2002jack
    replied

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    Golden Eagles lift the Fighting Hawks in loss at Grand Forks. UND 85 ORU 73
    That leaves WIU with 3 wins and Denver with 2 wins. Denver has 4 games to garner 2 wins.
    Denver just got destroyed by USD. Boy, I got think Billups is in trouble.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Golden Eagles lift the Fighting Hawks in loss at Grand Forks. UND 85 ORU 73
    That leaves WIU with 3 wins and Denver with 2 wins. Denver has 4 games to garner 2 wins.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    Omaha has 2 close home wins. I think they will stumble on the road. Im confident we win at home.
    They have 2 road games that I think they can lose and I would guess they lose one for sure they lose either at ORU or NDSU. I think they go 2-1 on the road to end the year. I think we beat FW at home but the only game I worry about at home. USD just shouldn't even be close but a rivalry game they maybe can ugly it up enough. As long as their basketball team doesn't play for cheap shots like their football team. Western I think we should handle pretty well.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    Omaha wins 74-71. They now have the tiebreaker over SDSU should they end tied. Jacks clinch a top 2 seed with a win Thurs night.
    Omaha has 2 close home wins. I think they will stumble on the road. Im confident we win at home.

Leave a comment:

• YanktonJack7
    replied

Omaha wins 74-71. They now have the tiebreaker over SDSU should they end tied. Jacks clinch a top 2 seed with a win Thurs night.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
    Fort Wayne up 5 at the half 36-31
    I think Omaha winning would be better. It would pretty much give us a top 2 seed. As long as we beat them Thur night which i feel good about that at home.

Leave a comment:

• Carolina010
    replied

Fort Wayne up 5 at the half 36-31

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Yotes did not look great, but the dribbling Leathernecks look terrible 80-67. How did they score 80+ against PFW?

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Today's games will match play among the top 4 against each other and the next 4 against each other with 9th place Denver taking the day off. USD vs WIU matches a couple of the 3 win teams which could be the best chance to stay out of 9th place for those 2 teams. Omaha hosting PFW holds the most interest as the Mavericks are scheduled to play the last 3 games on the road at Fargo, Tulsa, & Denver which could be tough.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

Denver is close to locking up ninth place. The Sioux Falls Area Chamber of Commerce will be cheering about that. USD and UND could still fail, but the five I-29 teams are all presently positioned to make the tourney.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

First place is important for reasons other than the Summit Tourney, too. Get the trophy. Get a banner. Put a notation in programs and websites. Earn bragging rights to share with recruits and donors for years to come.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    I would say that I would like to avoid Fort Wayne. That would mean I want the #1 seed now but if NDSU passes Fort Wayne, it wouldn't be so bad finishing 2nd to play NDSU.
    FW is a concern but the way ORU is playing lately I don't think that is a super easy win either.

Leave a comment:

• 91jack
    replied

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    While I would like to see SDSU win the regular season, being the #1 seed isn't that big of a deal. It is more important to stay in the top 2 so they have Sunday off. With the bottom of the conference being so bad, there isn't a huge difference between the #7 and #8 seeds.
    I would say that I would like to avoid Fort Wayne. That would mean I want the #1 seed now but if NDSU passes Fort Wayne, it wouldn't be so bad finishing 2nd to play NDSU.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    What?! It's a huge deal. The #1 seed gets an auto bid to the NIT. Try to justify all you want but the #1 seed is important.
    The #1 seed might be important to any other team but SDSU. Why should we be worried about an auto-bid to the NIT? I guess a last-second shot to beat the Jacks isn't enough to shake my confidence that they will run through the Summit tournament.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X