X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002jack
    replied
    Re: Summit MBB 2018-19 conference

UND loses at home to USD. UND now in serious contention for team #9.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

It's interesting that the top 3 teams have four likely first team all-conference players - Daum and Jenkins, Konchar and Zach Jackson.

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
    It will be interesting to see, 5 of their 8 losses are to power 5 conference teams.
    They did not look particularly impressive last night against a 6-man USD squad, but we've had some ugly games as well. Hopefully we'll have a big crowd to provide some energy for the good guys. It's another double header and hopefully will be 1 vs 2 in the Summit. I planning on a Saturday afternoon in Frost.

I'm pretty intrigued by the competition to avoid 9th place on the men's side. There are currently four teams that only have two wins. USD and UND are among them and they play in Grand Forks this week. I'm still expecting Denver to piece it together and scrape out at least 5 wins. WIU still has to be the favorite for 9th, but they put on quite a show the other night when they hammered PFW. They'll probably find a few more wins.

Leave a comment:

• Grizzled_Jack
    replied

Because of geography my road trips to games are restricted to Omaha, ORU and WIU (and formerly KC and IUPUI). Unlike the other locations which make me want to slit my throat with their lack of game atmosphere, Omaha actually gives a pretty good vibe.

Leave a comment:

• NebraskaJack
    replied

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    One week from now we will have a good idea if Omaha is a contender. At Fort Wayne on Thursday and Saturday in Frost. Benefit to the Jacks that they get them on short turn around.
    It will be interesting to see, 5 of their 8 losses are to power 5 conference teams.

Leave a comment:

• Grizzled_Jack
    replied

One week from now we will have a good idea if Omaha is a contender. At Fort Wayne on Thursday and Saturday in Frost. Benefit to the Jacks that they get them on short turn around.
    Hopefully an even amount of teams (whether or not it's Augie) will mean travel partners. This kind of a travel schedule is nuts IMO.

Leave a comment:

• 91jack
    replied

This is the same road trip that ORU had when (I think) they were 3-0 in conference play. ORU went 0-2 and haven't bounced back, yet. ORU has injuries though.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Yotes ran out of gas and bodies today as they held Mavs to 27 points in the first half. They could not hold the pace to their liking most of 2nd half. Mavs did not go deep on bench either with 36 minutes to yotes 23 minutes. It seemed to be a physical game.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Preseason Poll...……………………………….Actual
    1.SDSU...……………………………………….1.SDSU(5-1)
    2.USD...…………………………………………….Omaha(5-1)
    3.Denver...……………………………………..3.PFW(4-2)
    4.PFW...…………………………………………..4.ORU(4-3)
    5.NDSU...………………………………………..5.NDSU(3-3)
    6.ORU...…………………………………………..6.USD(2-4)
    7.UND...…………………………………………...7.WIU(2-5)
    8.Omaha...……………………………………….UND(2-5)
    9.WIU...…………………………………………….Denver(2-5)

Mavs and Denver appear to be biggest surprises.
    USD & ORU hurting the most with injury.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Channel surfing will pay off with the Midco stations today. Midco2 will carry USD/Omaha WBB at 2pm while Midco1 will carry the UND/NDSU WBB at 1pm.

Later the USD/Omaha men will be on the main Midco at 6pm. These can be good commercial fills for NFL games.

Leave a comment:

• Justwin
    replied

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
    I think the crowd was the big difference in the WIU win. Both of them were really loud!
    Your odds of getting multiple shirts on the T for 3 deal looked pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    That’s the FW team I’ve known the last 5+ years. I’m still very surprised they’re getting rolled by WIU. There’s still plenty of time for a dramatic comeback but if it holds fhis makes the race to avoid 9th a little more interesting. Multiple teams can still end up there.
    Watching Fort Wayne tonight and against USD and its like they don't realize what a great talent Konchar is. You would think they would run him through some screens and try and get him some good looks. But he just hangs out on the perimeter and pretty much has to create his own shots.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Live by the 3, die by the 3.

PFW was 4-20 beyond the arc. WIU was 15-24.
    What a telling statistic. 62 Per Cent for 3's vs 20% for PFW.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    87-58 Final WIU. What a pleasant surprise.
    Live by the 3, die by the 3.

PFW was 4-20 beyond the arc. WIU was 15-24.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X