Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit League Post-Season

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    USD's going to hang the banner. They played well and the game was a good one to watch. Great crowd support. Florida Gulf Coast needed to hit some more free throws in the second half but in my view, USD was just a little better team. Congrats to USD: USD 71, FGCU 65.

I wonder what would have happened on a neutral court.... When SDSU had to travel to UTEP in the WNIT final four and play in front of a hostile 12,200+ crowd,...wondered the same thing. But, that's the rule in this tourney and USD did what they had to do.
    Luck of the draw.

Good job, USD!
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Would be fun to have a bar stool in Carey's right now.

Comment

Is there another mid-major ranking for this year ? I thought they had one final one after post season is over.Anybody know?

If there is,you'd expect both THE JACKS and USD to really move toward the top,if not the top given what both schools accomplished this season.

Comment

Good for USD. Good for the state of South Dakota. Good for every kid in every county and in every town who thinks, "We are just as good as anyone else. We don't need to take a backseat to anybody."

Comment

First game I have ever seen from the dome on tv or computer. good job usd but if I was from usd i would have been embarrassed by what the national tv audience had to look at, what an ugly court configuration and camera shots from different angles showing it.

Comment

Even wonder if each team would have had the same number of days off. Congrats to usd, but the stars were aligned in that they hosted 3 opponents in a row that had 1 day less rest and had to fly across the country to verminville and play. It's hard to judge a team by one game, but I think UFGC may have been much sharper with 1 more day off. it affects shooting the most when you're tired.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                Even wonder if each team would have had the same number of days off. Congrats to usd, but the stars were aligned in that they hosted 3 opponents in a row that had 1 day less rest and had to fly across the country to verminville and play. It's hard to judge a team by one game, but I think UFGC may have been much sharper with 1 more day off. it affects shooting the most when you're tired.
                It will be interesting to see how playing in a regular arena next season as opposed to a football stadium affects how visitors shoot the ball. USD plays good defense, but you have to think part of that was due to teams having to adjust to the different environment.

Comment

Give it up. USD was better than Florida gulf coast. If you watched the game - not much doubt. USD almost out rebounded them by 20 - not going to win many games if that happens. I don't like USD at all but they were the better team. Better question is why do you have a user id with the bunny or bunnies in it? It is rabbits, jacks, or jackrabbits. Bunny is a derogatory term and used in that way by NDSU and USD. If a SDSU fan uses bunny or bunnies in their user id or refers to the rabbits as bunnies - get a clue and change it.

Comment

They had a special team this year, but that says a lot about SDSU. That home or away process seems as absurd as the FCS model.

Comment

Good god. I hate USD as much as the next guy and really would have been happy if they lost, but lets give some credit instead of creating an excuse about why they won.

Comment

Originally posted by carny View Post
                        Give it up. USD was better than Florida gulf coast. If you watched the game - not much doubt. USD almost out rebounded them by 20 - not going to win many games if that happens. I don't like USD at all but they were the better team. Better question is why do you have a user id with the bunny or bunnies in it? It is rabbits, jacks, or jackrabbits. Bunny is a derogatory term and used in that way by NDSU and USD. If a SDSU fan uses bunny or bunnies in their user id or refers to the rabbits as bunnies - get a clue and change it.
                        We don't need the personal shot at the poster. [The use of "bunnies" doesn't bother me one bit and I know other loyal Jacks fans who will refer to "bunnies". There are several members of this board who have "bunnies" in their nickname. I realize fans of other schools will use "bunnies" intending to poke fun but they have other problems.]

Let's keep this thread on topic. No need to have it veer off into an argument about the word bunnies.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                          They had a special team this year, but that says a lot about SDSU. That home or away process seems as absurd as the FCS model.
                          Agree that it says a lot about SDSU. The best team in USD history and our team of youngsters beat them. They lose A LOT. Be interesting to see if they can sustain. Its good for SDSU for usd to be good....its better for us when we beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            Agree that it says a lot about SDSU. The best team in USD history and our team of youngsters beat them. They lose A LOT. Be interesting to see if they can sustain. Its good for SDSU for usd to be good....its better for us when we beat them.
                            That game had to feature two of the most senior laden teams in the country. 8/10 starters were seniors. FGCU loses 9 players, talk about a major rebuild coming up for them.

Comment

Originally posted by carny View Post
                              except for mcknight, don't believe fgcu is a strong rebounding team. michigan out rebounded them 45-25 and lost. congrats to usd for their accomplishment---and congrats to usd for putting in such a strong bid. it's nothing but positive for sd wbb.

Comment

Good for usd for winning the WNIT. I would still take wins in the NCAA tournament. It will be interesting to see what local media has to say about this.

Comment

Working...
                                X