Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit League Post-Season

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
    i'd be willing to bet she has been contacted at least a few times, and, it's most likely to grow. just not gonna hear about many of them.
    I agree but have to think it would take a great offer from a higher level conference for her to move. USD is getting the new arena and has a solid fan base. There aren't many mid-majors that are more attractive than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      All I know is that a deep WNIT run is one hell of a nice consolation prize if you miss out on the NCAA. I'd never chose it over a SLT championship, but the SDSU runs in the WNIT were a lot of fun to watch. USD fans tried to mock us for enjoying it the last time but now they are seeing it themselves. The diehards often don't want to hear this but this IS ultimately about entertainment for fans, anyway.

How long before the Williams job offer rumors get going? I imagine she'll have opportunities if she wants to move up.
      Probably not a lot keeping her at USD, unless they have a superb recruiting class coming in. Very hard to replace what they are losing this year.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
        Probably not a lot keeping her at USD, unless they have a superb recruiting class coming in. Very hard to replace what they are losing this year.
        will see how next year goes for them but USD might be in the mold of SDSU and might reload most years then rebuild. I have no idea how their recuriting really is. Seem to have gotten good players so dont see that changing much. Just a bit of a back slide as so many new players next year take on bigger roles.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Williams had the "best" recruiting class. Although remember that 5 recruits are coming to Vermillion. The large number gives an edge to being best as well. Williams has been getting the type of player she wants in her system as she should not have any or many left from the prior staff. She should not want for talent on the next year. She may be a little short on experienced players with major roles.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            Williams had the "best" recruiting class. Although remember that 5 recruits are coming to Vermillion. The large number gives an edge to being best as well. Williams has been getting the type of player she wants in her system as she should not have any or many left from the prior staff. She should not want for talent on the next year. She may be a little short on experienced players with major roles.
            Are transfers coming in figured as part of the recruiting classes ? If they are, the addition of Tagyn Larson might swing the balance a bit.

Comment

IPFW's Max Landis will be participating in the college 3 point contest tonight in Houston. It can be seen on ESPN at 8pm tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                Top rated recruiting class in the midwest, the fact that she was born and raised in South Dakota, and her family (parents included) come to every game. But other than that, yeah, no ties to South Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
                  Top rated recruiting class in the midwest, the fact that she was born and raised in South Dakota, and her family (parents included) come to every game. But other than that, yeah, no ties to South Dakota.
                  The USD recruiting class would not be the top rated class now that Larson transferred in. We'll see who has the better team in 3 years. I'm betting it's not Fear Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                    The USD recruiting class would not be the top rated class now that Larson transferred in. We'll see who has the better team in 3 years. I'm betting it's not Fear Ed.
                    Except Larson can't play next year so technically she'd be considered in your 2017 recruiting class

Comment

Except Larson can't play next year so technically she'd be considered in your 2017 recruiting class
                      Isn't it dependant on the class year you join? No different then frehsman who come in next year but redshirt the year. Hers is just a mandatory year to sit out. Like jill young was. What ever class that was.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Wrong. She's still a member of the 2016-17 class,she just has to sit out her first year.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                          Wrong. She's still a member of the 2016-17 class,she just has to sit out her first year.
                          I get that but since she won't contribute until 2017-18 I would associate her with that class rather than the incoming class

Comment

I get that but since she won't contribute until 2017-18 I would associate her with that class rather than the incoming class
                            So by your logic, any of your "top-rated" recruiting class that red-shirts next year won't be part of that class? I guess your vaunted recruiting class keeps getting weaker.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                              IPFW's Max Landis will be participating in the college 3 point contest tonight in Houston. It can be seen on ESPN at 8pm tonight.
                              Dude from GA Tech just nailed 17 in a row in 2nd round...
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

How did Landis do?

Comment

Working...
                                X