Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015-2016 Road to Sioux Falls

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    I'd say its a lock if we win at IPFW and still a decent chance even with a loss. I'm not counting out UNO winning in FW or FW losing one of the last 2 on the road.
    Bingo-bingo, I never looked that far down road. We best not stub our toe today against USD.

Comment

MBB final: Omaha 76, NDSU 69.

Bison are 6-6 in league play. Omaha up to 9-4.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        MBB final: Omaha 76, NDSU 69.

Bison are 6-6 in league play. Omaha up to 9-4.
        I dont want anything to do with Omaha in the SLT.

Comment

I didn't realize until watching the replay of the USD game that the longest current winning streak on the men's side in the Summit going into yesterday's games was two, and that was held by WIU and USD, the two worst teams in the league. It will be an interesting 4 days in Sioux Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            I dont want anything to do with Omaha in the SLT.
            I'd like our chances against UNO in the finals, especially if they are the 3 seed. They aren't that deep and don't play great D anyways, so imagine if they had to play 3 days in a row at the pace they like?
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

MBB
              SDSU 9-3
              IPFW 9-3
              Omaha 9-4
              IUPUI 7-5
              NDSU 6-6
              Denver 5-8
              ORU 5-8
              USD 4-9
              WIU 2-10
              The top 3 look to be interchangeable at this time. Thursday's SDSU/IPFW game is huge for Jackrabbits since the Mavericks come into Ft Wayne on the Saturday game. If there was a must win road game, this has now become that game. IPFW has 2 road games to end the year at IUPUI and WIU. 13-3 is a lock for first place. 12-4 would likely be a share and the math would need to be done for the seeding. On the other end, WIU could be a spoiler if they win 2 of 3 at home with SDSU, USD, and IPFW playing in Macomb. That could flip the Yotes to 9th.
              SUMMIT LEAGUE MEN'S BASKETBALL
              2015-16 PRESEASON POLL
              Place Team Points (1st)
              1. South Dakota State 541 (30)
              2. North Dakota State 481 (3)
              3. Oral Roberts 403 (1)
              4. Fort Wayne 316
              5. South Dakota 283
              6. IUPUI 239
              7. Omaha 192
              8. Denver 164
              9. Western Illinois 126
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

A win over FW would give us the tiebreaker over both FW and Omaha. The only way that would not be the case is if FW imploded and fell WAY down below NDSU. It is good (for SDSU) that FW and Omaha still have to play each other. The Jacks probably have to lose at least two of the last four to fall to third.

FW gave up 84 points to Denver last night. Yes, THAT Denver; the one that averages 65 per game and literally had not hit the 80-point mark all season. FW better tighten things up on that end of the court with SDSU and Omaha coming to town. NDSU dominated FW in Fargo and Denver hung within 4 points in FW. Will the Dons be able to turn it up and run through SDSU, Omaha, and the road finale at WIU/IUPUI? I'd bet on them losing at least one of those four games.

Comment

WBB
                  SDSU 11-1
                  USD 11-1
                  IUPUI 9-3
                  ORU 8-5
                  WIU 7-5
                  Omaha 5-8
                  Denver 2-11
                  NDSU 2-11
                  IPFW 1-11
                  There is still a 3 way race for 9th place. IUPUI has both South Dakota schools in Indiana the final week.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

MBB Summit Standings/Schedule

SDSU: 9-3 @FW, @WIU, NDSU, ORU
                    IPFW: 9-3 SDSU, UNO, @WIU, @IUPUI
                    UNO: 9-4 @IUPUI, @FW, ORU

IUPUI: 7-5 UNO, @NDSU, USD, FW
                    NDSU: 6-6 WIU, IUPUI, @SDSU, @Denver

Denver: 5-8 @ORU, @USD, NDSU
                    ORU: 5-8 Denver, @UNO, @SDSU

USD: 4-9 Denver, @IUPUI, @WIU
                    WIU: 2-10 @NDSU, SDSU, IPFW, USD

Comment

Jacks are clearly in the driver's seat to win the regular season title. Maybe I have too high of expectations but I expect this senior lead team with a veteran coach to do exactly that.

It's all about playing defense. Jacks can shut down FW and UNO if they play intense on the defensive side. The offense will be there. I'm more and more frustrated with Theisen, he is playing terrible. I expect to see more of Devine.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Jacks are clearly in the driver's seat to win the regular season title. Maybe I have too high of expectations but I expect this senior lead team with a veteran coach to do exactly that.

It's all about playing defense. Jacks can shut down FW and UNO if they play intense on the defensive side. The offense will be there. I'm more and more frustrated with Theisen, he is playing terrible. I expect to see more of Devine.
                        I agree on Theisen. He is a liability on both ends of the floor right now and I think Jacks are much better with rotation of Daum and Devine.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/story/blo...tFM3TEZQx3Dx3D

Comment

There are some real tossups on both the men's and women's sides this week. I just did my roundball roulette picks and spent time going back and forth on more games than normal.

UNO at IUPUI (MBB) is the big one tonight (ESPN3 at 6:00). Omaha is favored by 1.5. Help us out a little IUPUI.

WIU goes to Fargo tonight. Will the Bison have Miller back? If not, this could possibly go down to the wire. NDSU is favored by 7.5.

Comment

I'm not crazy about our women finishing with 3 on the road (USD, IUPUI & Western). 2 of those will be extremely difficult and Western will not be a pushover. A top 2 seed isn't a lock by any means yet...
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                                I'm not crazy about our women finishing with 3 on the road (USD, IUPUI & Western). 2 of those will be extremely difficult and Western will not be a pushover. A top 2 seed isn't a lock by any means yet...
                                The 2 OT win over IUPUI was not pretty. Jackrabbits shot 38% and 26 from 3 pt line. It was a win. For the conference the Jackrabbits shooting 43% and 35% from the 3 pt line. The women have played in a many close games and they have been able to win quite a few of those as well. The final 3 games on the road is hard, but I am sure none of those teams are excited to have the Jackrabbits finishing the season on their schedule either. I give advantage to Jackrabbits at IUPUI and WIU. Yotes is at best a toss-up in the last game for Jackrabbits in dungeon dome.

Comment

Working...
                                X