• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Summit MBB

67-50 ORU with 3:53 left in the game.

Comment

NDSU just is not built for making an epic comeback. There only hope in that situation is a red-hot LA, and it takes him too long to get an open shot. Tonight is a great example of what happens to the Bison if you stop their one offensive threat.

Comment

Been dreading this type of performance for weeks. Hopefully they turn it around in a 10 days

Comment

Bison getting some calls down the stretch. Brutal foul called on the guy who stripped Paul Miller. Ball don't lie though.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Feelgood quote of the night, courtesy of the ORU color-commentary guy on TV: "I'd rather see North Dakota State in the semi-final round (of the Summit League Tournament) than South Dakota State. South Dakota State is, in my opinion, a better team than North Dakota State."
            Was it the same guys who did our game down there? They seemed to do their homework. One of the few times I was impressed with the tv guys.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Bison call timeout down 14 with 2:02 left. ORU ball.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Was it the same guys who did our game down there? They seemed to do their homework. One of the few times I was impressed with the tv guys.
                I think so. It's the "ORU Sports Network" on ESPN3.

Bison still kinda hanging around. 70-56 ORU, 2:02 to go.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Ipfw probably lost like the high school girls teams in tenn. Because they would rather play us after 1 game instead of 2 and they must know that's their best chance to win it all then. I am just kidding....I think.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

71-56 ORU with 20.3 seconds to go. I think we can put a fork in the Bison at this point (at least I can. I don't trust 'em.)
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

FINAL: ORU 74, NDSU 58.

The Jacks will clinch the #1 seed and play WIU on March 7th at 6pm.

Bison will be the #2 seed and play IUPUI/Denver. Most likely Denver. That could be a dangerous matchup for them. Both games went to OT with them this season.

ORU will be the #3 seed with a win at home vs. Denver on Saturday.

IPFW will be the #4 seed with a win over WIU at home.

USD will be the #5 regardless of what happens Saturday if IPFW and ORU win on Saturday.

IUPUI and Denver are tied with a game to go. IUPUI hosts Omaha. A IUPUI win and they are the #6 seed.

Comment

Three games in two nights ended up the opposite of what I expected. This season is getting even more interesting as the tournament approaches. The best part about it, of course, is seeing the team standing alone at the top.

Comment

The Bison almost got outscored by 2 guys for ORU.

Emegano had 34 points and 8 rebounds. Bobby Word had 20 points. ORU shot 54%.

Alexander had 11 points on 3-10 shooting. Bison shot 36%.

Bison now have 9 days until they play in the tournament.
                          Last edited by YanktonJack7; 02-26-2015, 09:01 PM. Reason: Clarified last sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                            The Bison almost got outscored by 2 guys for ORU.

Emegano had 34 points and 8 rebounds. Bobby Word had 20 points. ORU shot 54%.

Alexander had 11 points on 3-10 shooting. Bison shot 36%.

Bison now have 9 days off.
                            This is not always an unmitigated good thing.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Yeah after what most would assume as a bad loss a lot of time to just practice might seem good but it also is a long time to get a little out of sorts trying to figure things out.

Comment

They have nine days to think about this fiasco. With probably Denver next,the ol' doubt starts creeping in .........

Comment

Working...
                                X