Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Summit MBB

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    Am I right to think this....Many of the best seats are reserved by each school and sponsors. So the average purchaser never had a chance at those tickets. Some might be returned by the schools, and then can be purchased the day of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sponsor seats this year are row AA, BB, CC, DD. The number of seats for sponsors are a very small number compared to the total number of seats available in the lower bowl.

Comment

If SDSU and NDSU make the men's final and SDSU and USD make the women's final, I can't imagine the upper bowl not being opened.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
        Am I right to think this....Many of the best seats are reserved by each school and sponsors. So the average purchaser never had a chance at those tickets. Some might be returned by the schools, and then can be purchased the day of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Yes to the second part. In the past, schools that are knocked out generally return their tickets the day they get knocked out. For example, 2 years ago a bunch of seats were released during session play for the following night's session. Folks were making a mad dash to the box office. When that happened, I secured 2 tickets in Row 2 of the upper level, about even with the basket. Not too shabby.

Terry V was typically really good at updating the ticket situation in real-time. That will be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          Sponsor seats this year are row AA, BB, CC, DD. The number of seats for sponsors are a very small number compared to the total number of seats available in the lower bowl.
          Plus, AFAIK this facility has a decent number of PSL's that give the seat holder dibs on any/all events that come through the facility. Whether its a concert, Summit Tournament, Circus, or Monster Trucks, if you pay the annual fee you have the first chance to buy "your" seat for the event - even before sponsors/schools.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

All I know is that I was able to buy MUCH better seats (all-session) on day one than I ever got at the Arena. I stumbled into three seats just seven rows from the floor at the top of the key on Ticketmaster when they went on sale a few months ago. I thought for sure those kind of premium seats would be spoken for by sponsors, teams or those with PSL's. Thankfully I was wrong. It's going to be great getting to sit that close to the action after literally being in the top row at Frost several times this year.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
              That is the most ridiculous thing ever. Why cap the attendance? A semi-final round with SDSU, USD, NDSU & IPFW would be great for the league, fans etc, why not pack the place.
              To answer your question, even though it has already been answered on this thread. They are limiting to the lower bowl seating for TV appearance. That came from the head of the Sioux Falls Sports Authority when I talked to him at the arena when they were doing their preview. He stated they do not want the arena will look less than full on TV

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                To answer your question, even though it has already been answered on this thread. They are limiting to the lower bowl seating for TV appearance. That came from the head of the Sioux Falls Sports Authority when I talked to him at the arena when they were doing their preview. He stated they do not want the arena will look less than full on TV
                I assume you mean they won't open up the upper seating areas until the lower bowl is completely full/sold out?

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                  I assume you mean they won't open up the upper seating areas until the lower bowl is completely full/sold out?
                  That was the impression that I got although he made it seem like they had no intentions of opening it unless they thought they could fill it reasonably well.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                    That was the impression that I got although he made it seem like they had no intentions of opening it unless they thought they could fill it reasonably well.
                    Sorry but that is the most D2 small minded thinking I have ever heard of. They need to expose the SL to as many people as possible. Give tickets to local HS teams and fill up the upper level. If Sioux Falls cannot fill a 11K seat arena for games the prominent area D1 schools are playing in, I can not imagine them hosting Mens NCAA weekend.

In comparison Fargo is hosting a NCAA hockey regional the next weekend and it sold out in less than 5 minutes in a 4500 seat arena.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
                      Sorry but that is the most D2 small minded thinking I have ever heard of. They need to expose the SL to as many people as possible. Give tickets to local HS teams and fill up the upper level. If Sioux Falls cannot fill a 11K seat arena for games the prominent area D1 schools are playing in, I can not imagine them hosting Mens NCAA weekend.
                      Funny that you mention that. I stated that exact same idea to them (more or less) to start that conversation, and that's exactly what the answer was. I agree with you wholeheartedly let the high school teams come in for little or next to nothing. If you make any money and it doesn't cost you revenue through other seats possibly being sold. You come out ahead! Seems like simple logic to me.

Comment

Are they limiting tickets to the lower bowl or just pre-ordered tickets? The way I'd do it, is as has been mentioned, only allow the lower bowl to be pre-sold and then you can make a decision on the upper bowl. If you are only 50% filled, you don't need to open general admission for the upper bowl, but if you are 95% then open up the top. I haven't been to the new arena, so I don't even know what to really say about it. Cuz I don't know how it looks, I don't know what the pre-sale numbers are, what the confirmed sales/reserved sales are.

Comment

If the past years found about 6500 as capacity, what does the lower bowl hold? The range has been in the 7000-7400. They would only need 10%-15% to max out the lower bowl. It seems unlikely that 500-1000 people would be turned away rather than lift one of the curtains. It would not require too much more interest to gather a few more bison or yote fans to push up one of the curtains. There is still the factor of tickets being returned by some of the schools. I do not know the allocation for each team. If 4 of the schools return half of their allocation, that is still not a huge number.??? With the Bison men, Yotes women, and Jackrabbits men and women playing on Saturday, there should be big crowds on day 1. That should be a recipe for lifting the curtain.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.c...ets/?id=176445

Comment

The KELO article had over 5000 all session passes sold. Would that include sponsors as well? That would leave about 25%-33% for single game.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Here's more info about ticket/upper level situation. The more I read quotes from the people in charge, the more skeptical I am about the chance of them opening up the second level. They seem more concerned over what it looks like on TV and perception of it being "full" than they are about allowing everyone that wants to see a game in the building. They better fix the warped panels on the outside if they are SO concerned about showing off the building

http://www.argusleader.com/story/mat...bits/23902255/

Comment

Working...
                                X