2015 Summit WBB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Summit WBB

Isn't much consolation in "just about" coming back for a tie Hammersmith.....how about not getting that far behind in the first place....would that help? I think the Bison have to work on not starting a little slow in some games at home. I like your new coach however, she's a keeper I think.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-08-2015, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      Isn't much consolation in "just about" coming back for a tie Hammersmith.....how about not getting that far behind in the first place....would that help? I think the Bison have to work on starting a little slow in some games at home. I like your new coach however, she's a keeper I think.
      True, but last year we wouldn't have been close at the end. A 20 pt deficit at halftime would have become a 35 pt loss. This is progress from last year versus two of the better teams in the league. Though these losses have been frustrating, it's just good to feel optimistic for our program for the first time in ages. (I was a student during the height of NDSU WBB DII domination, and the last decade has thoroughly sucked.) Next year could be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
        True, but last year we wouldn't have been close at the end. A 20 pt deficit at halftime would have become a 35 pt loss. This is progress from last year versus two of the better teams in the league. Though these losses have been frustrating, it's just good to feel optimistic for our program for the first time in ages. (I was a student during the height of NDSU WBB DII domination, and the last decade has thoroughly sucked.) Next year could be interesting.
        Don't mean to be condescending at all Hammersmith, just wanted the Bison to beat the Yotes......and help us out

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
          I'll be watching Walseth's recruiting class with much interest, will be hard recruiting till she can get something more interesting for recruits to buy into for awhile however I'm afraid . I think maybe 2-3 years yet to get what she wants.

Comment

According to various reports, Coyotes starting PG Hemiller is injured and out an indefinite amount of time.
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
              According to various reports, Coyotes starting PG Hemiller is injured and out an indefinite amount of time.
              That would hurt. Especially this late in the year.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                That would hurt. Especially this late in the year.
                Currently the Jackrabbits have 3 starters who are hurt. Also, Stuart is sitting with an injury. Hopefully Waytashek and Stevens are back quickly. Stevens has a chronic injury from the wear and tear of the season according to AJ. Waytashek(optimistically) could be back without missing games. Hopefully the depth of the team will handle the 3 road games up next.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

if Stevens has that "stress reaction", those can take time to heal. wouldn't surprise me if she is done for the rest of the season---not to mention the Summit Tourney.

Comment

Any word on Waytashek yet? Good thing we are such a deep team, most if the league would struggle having 3 starters and a keep reserve out for as much as we have.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

USD point guard Tia Hemiller (knee injury) will not play this week for the Coyotes. Return date uncertain.- per Mick

Everyone know how important good guard play is. Huge loss for the yotes if she can't return this year.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                        USD point guard Tia Hemiller (knee injury) will not play this week for the Coyotes. Return date uncertain.- per Mick

Everyone know how important good guard play is. Huge loss for the yotes if she can't return this year.
                        Especially at this point in the season. Could be devastating.

Comment

Wednesday, Feb. 11
                          * IUPUI at Fort Wayne 7 p.m.
                          * North Dakota State at Oral Roberts 7 p.m.
                          * South Dakota State at Denver

NDSU(5-6) at ORU(6-5) is a road game the Bison need to confirm their improvement with Walseth at the helm. They have 3 wins more than last year already.
                          Ft Wayne could win at home if they play as well as the week at home against USD and SDSU.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            Any word on Waytashek yet? Good thing we are such a deep team, most if the league would struggle having 3 starters and a keep reserve out for as much as we have.

It would have been interesting to see who would been the starters at this point of the season if Gabby was healthy. Would they put Young on the bench? How about Miller? With all of the talk about Miller it would be interesting if she didn't start.

I know that two of these players play one position but I think a team of Gabby(PG?), Tia(PG?), Waytashek(SF), Stevens(PF) and Stuart(C) would fare pretty good against most teams in the Summit. They would be a little weak at SG and C but there wouldn't be a glaring weakness. That would probably be the strongest PG combo in the league and your SF might be the best in the league, too.

Comment

IPFW 36 IUPUI 35 halftime

Comment

USD leads Omaha by 10 at half.

Comment

Working...
                                X