X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015 Summit WBB

Final: IUPUI 68, USD 43.

USD (15-5, 5-2). IUPUI (9-11, 4-3)

A bunch of teams are 4-3 in the league now.

Comment

And with that, USD is again quite catchable in the standings. They are also just a one point win away from a 2-game losing streak. Certainly just as beatable as SDSU has shown to be.

Comment

South Dakota 5-2 15-5
        North Dakota State 5-3 9-11
        South Dakota State 4-3 13-7
        Western Illinois 4-3 12-8
        Oral Roberts 4-3 10-10
        IUPUI 4-3 9-11
        Denver 4-3 7-14
        Fort Wayne 1-6 7-13
        Omaha 1-6 6-13
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Never would have thought the women would be battling in the middle of the confrence while the men are in first place. Considering the men lost 2 games to start with and the women started with a blow out.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Never would have thought the women would be battling in the middle of the confrence while the men are in first place. Considering the men lost 2 games to start with and the women started with a blow out.
            By this time next week, there should be a major shift as the 4-3 teams will be playing each other and SDSU will have its second game against the 5-3 Bison. Hopefully the changes are good for the Jackrabbits. Frost will host the 4-3 ORU women on Thursday.
            Western Illinois(4-3) will have 2 home games next week as well with IUPUI(4-3) and IPFW.
            USD(5-2) hosts Denver(4-3) and ORU(4-3).
            Next week should provide some clarity for the midpoint of the season.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

2015 Summit WBB

The NDSU game is part of a Saturday doubleheader. Revenge in front of a nice crowd. I'm hoping I can get up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                And with that, USD is again quite catchable in the standings. They are also just a one point win away from a 2-game losing streak. Certainly just as beatable as SDSU has shown to be.
                I would say more so, being our worst loss in all three losses has been 5 pts vs NDSU and that with 2 FT's with .7 sec left in the game. Our three losses were by a combined 10 pts, all on the road early.

USD just got beat by 25 pts, that probably doesn't resonate well with the players/coaches , we've been in every game til the end. We keep playing the way we have been (maybe toughen up the 'D' a little), we shouldn't lose any more, maybe 1 at the most. USD has just shown, when they are off, they are really off, we haven't shown that as of yet, so are the more consistent team, therefore the more dangerous team.
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-25-2015, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  I would say more so, being our worst loss in all three losses has been 5 pts vs NDSU and that with 2 FT's with .7 sec left in the game. Our three losses were by a combined 10 pts, all on the road early.

USD just got beat by 25 pts, that probably doesn't resonate well with the players/coaches , we've been in every game til the end. We keep playing the way we have been (maybe toughen up the 'D' a little), we shouldn't lose any more, maybe 1 at the most. USD has just shown, when they are off, they are really off, we haven't shown that as of yet, so are the more consistent team, therefore the more dangerous team.
                  I have to say I'd be more on-board with this line of argument if we weren't looking up at them in the standings.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    I have to say I'd be more on-board with this line of argument if we weren't looking up at them in the standings.
                    Correct - they don't ask how , they ask how many.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      True....but we're gaining on 'em

Comment

I seem to recall discussions about securing a high seed and winning an NCAA tourney game, I certainly had those aspirations. Now its about other teams stumbling so the Jacks can finish at the top of what is not a better conference than it has been in the recent past, in fact, I'd say its weaker. Reality bites sometimes.

Multiple excuses can be made, fact is this year's Jackrabbit team has to get a lot, and I mean a lot better, to make a serious run in March and challenge somebody in the NCAA tourney. That's what I expect for this program and I hope what they expect as well. Not sure what I'm trying to say except that I don't want the focus on just the Summit league standings. Team needs to aspire for something more. Still struggling a bit to find their identity and I don't want that identity to just be "good enough to win the Summit League". Anyhow, let's see them win the rest of their games, its very possible and I think a reasonable goal.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I think some of this has to do with the schedule. The men have played 4 home games while the women have only played 2. Both teams haven't lost at home this year so it comes down to the road games. The men are 2-2 on the road while the women are 2-3. There really isn't much difference. The men have played some of their tougher road games already but they still have to go to IPFW, IUPUI, Western Illinois and USD. If they lose one of those games, they will be about where the women are at. I agree that the women are battling in the middle of the conference but they are only 1/2 game out of first place with the majority of their remaining games at home. If they win two this weekend, they will go from middle of the pack to either leading(if USD loses) or SDSU and USD will have a little separation from the pack.

The women just are weaker in the upperclassmen. Having 3 of the 6 upperclassmen out against USD hurt the team. Two of them have been out most of the season. I've always thought that freshmen came come in and play rolls but they need some upperclassmen to help out with the "been there, done that" thing. The underclassmen will be great but I think some of them are still adjusting to the speed of the game. They could make plays in high school but they just don't work out at the DI level. The men on the other hand start 4 upperclassmen. They all haven't been on the team for several years but they have played ball at a level above high school level and are ready for the change.

I am surprised with the men's team this year but the women are maybe one loss behind where I thought they would be.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                            I think some of this has to do with the schedule. The men have played 4 home games while the women have only played 2. Both teams haven't lost at home this year so it comes down to the road games. The men are 2-2 on the road while the women are 2-3. There really isn't much difference. The men have played some of their tougher road games already but they still have to go to IPFW, IUPUI, Western Illinois and USD. If they lose one of those games, they will be about where the women are at. I agree that the women are battling in the middle of the conference but they are only 1/2 game out of first place with the majority of their remaining games at home. If they win two this weekend, they will go from middle of the pack to either leading(if USD loses) or SDSU and USD will have a little separation from the pack.

The women just are weaker in the upperclassmen. Having 3 of the 6 upperclassmen out against USD hurt the team. Two of them have been out most of the season. I've always thought that freshmen came come in and play rolls but they need some upperclassmen to help out with the "been there, done that" thing. The underclassmen will be great but I think some of them are still adjusting to the speed of the game. They could make plays in high school but they just don't work out at the DI level. The men on the other hand start 4 upperclassmen. They all haven't been on the team for several years but they have played ball at a level above high school level and are ready for the change.

I am surprised with the men's team this year but the women are maybe one loss behind where I thought they would be.
                            On paper it didnt even look close. The mens side had question marks for everyteam so it was sort of a whose going to step up and SDSU and for the most part NDSU has done that. In womens play, SDSU and USD were figured atleast imho to be the top two seeds, NDSU no one saw that coming after their bad occ games, western and IPFW seem to be inconsistant from year to year and IUPUI graduated a lot of talent so they were sort of a question coming in. I didnt see the womens bottle necking like it did with us in the middle. I figured SDSU and USD clearly above the rest and the middle pack like 4 teams sort of beating each other up and a omaha and NDSU bringing up the rear probably with Denver.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I figured SDSU and USD clearly above the rest and the middle pack like 4 teams sort of beating each other up and a omaha and NDSU bringing up the rear probably with Denver.
                              Outside of NDSU probably ending up in the middle, I think this is exactly what you will find by the end of the season. SDSU's schedule now gets MUCH better and USD's gets quite a bit better (they still have to go to NDSU and SDSU but have the majority of games at home).

Comment

Megan Waytashek shares WBB POW.
                                http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...201501262n2zpo

Comment

Working...
                                X