MBB Summit OOC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MBB Summit OOC

"Something" is a good word for Alcorn State (who has yet to win a DI game this year)! Other than beating on the Big Sky, nothing stands out strongly for the Summit League yet. Maybe the Jacks can change that this week.

Based on a quick look at the schedule, these are the last chances for solid wins by the Summit:

SDSU at Utah
    SDSU at UNI
    St. Joseph's at Denver
    WIU at Memphis

Comment

The Summit League has had too many close calls, but not enough wins this non-conference season. USD's 3 overtime loss to Creighton and Denver's recent 1 point loss to Colorado State come to mind.

It's looking pretty likely that this is a big down year for the conference and any team who wins the conference will be lucky to get higher than a 14 seed. About the only team with a shot at this point is SDSU if we can pull out a win against Utah or UNI and then finish the conference season with 2 or fewer losses. We are the only sub-200 RPI team in the conference, and once conference play begins it will be difficult to raise our RPI without winning all of our games.

Comment

IUPUI 53 Richmond 57 in a close game.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Memphis 78 WIU 51
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Summit really isn't a very good league this year. Actually, Summit's pretty much the same, except there doesn't seem to be that one team that's obviously head and shoulders ahead of the rest like it's been the past few years. The top of the Summit is mediocre. The bottom of the Summit is atrocious.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
              Let's put this NDSU-Crookston thing in perspective. Crookston doesn't belong in the Northern Sun, it should be NAIA in the North Star, in fact it probably will be. Crookston lost to D3 Wisconsin-Superior, it lost to D2 Seattle Pacific 38-90, and beat Crossroads College (a Bible school) by four points. What in hell is going on here?
              Rochester(MN) CTC beat Crossroads College 86-60, just for reference. No player over 6'4".

Comment

IUPUI 55 Pepperdine 53. The Jags win one on the road to go 4-9. Pepperdine(7-4) is in the WCC and picked to place 7th.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  IUPUI 55 Pepperdine 53. The Jags win one on the road to go 4-9. Pepperdine(7-4) is in the WCC and picked to place 7th.
                  Any win over a WCC school is a good win.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                    Any win over a WCC school is a good win.
                    Exactly, I remember watching a double hitter of WCC games in the LA Sports Arena in 1960. I thought then that SDSU could compete with those teams, but I today I don't think so. They are a notch or two above us. The Summit would play most of these teams close, but IUPUI winning? They just might be turning a corner here. Oh yes, there was not a big crowd at this double hitter, but one attendee a few rows in back of me included Karl Malden of " Streets of San Fransico"

Comment

USD men beat Milwaukee today, 84-60

Comment

NDSU 83, Northland 59

I had not heard of Northland prior to today. Looked them up: a DIII team from Ashland, WI. (Jokingly told someone it was the Ford Northland Auto Dealers organization).

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          NDSU 83, Northland 59

I had not heard of Northland prior to today. Looked them up: a DIII team from Ashland, WI. (Jokingly told someone it was the Ford Northland Auto Dealers organization).
                          And they are giving away a free pickup at the DakotaDome Farm show.

Comment

IPFW and ORU have some scrimmages today as well. IPFW is doubling up on Judson without Forbes. ORU scored 94-42 over Haskell.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                              ORU scored 94-42 over Haskell.
                              Eddie ? Did the Beaver play too ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                Eddie ? Did the Beaver play too ?
                                Im glad im not the only one who thought that when i saw that. Im also glad im not the one who replied to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X