Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD Hires Craig Smith

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    At one point, this appeared to be nothing but an unsubstantiated rumor brought to our forum by rival fans - and then was subsequently being walked back by those same rival fans when it looked like it wasn't going to come to fruition. If getting upset about that is 'bat **** crazy' then call me Batman.
    Hey Batman, do you know of anyone that has a good recipe for eating crow?

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      Hey Batman, do you know of anyone that has a good recipe for eating crow?
      Rep pts to the YOTES.

Comment

Not sure where to put this but USD recruit Justin Decker, Huron, put in for a release from his letter of intent.

@bigdaddydeck: I've officially sent in for my release from USD. Not something I really wanted, but I'll find a college where I "fit in"

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          Not sure where to put this but USD recruit Justin Decker, Huron, put in for a release from his letter of intent.

@bigdaddydeck: I've officially sent in for my release from USD. Not something I really wanted, but I'll find a college where I "fit in"
          SDSU perhaps?

Comment

Only if he walks on. There aren't any scholarships left right? Was SDSU recruiting him?

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
              Only if he walks on. There aren't any scholarships left right? Was SDSU recruiting him?
              It does not look like there was pursuit.
              http://www.plainsman.com/v2_news_art...=21372&page=74
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

Yep, Smith contacted Decker and told him that he doesn't fit in with his future plans, this sucks for Decker who has been committed to USD since the summer of 2012 and never balked at any of the coaching changes that the U went through. It also really sucks that he was told so late in the game, it's not like their are a lot of available scholarships to be had at this point in time. As of right now it sounds like Northern offered and would take him on the spot, I'm sure he will have his choice of all the regional NSIC schools that have an available scholly.
                Last edited by BigGoosie13; 04-22-2014, 07:56 PM. Reason: done spelled bad again

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  SDSU perhaps?
                  I really doubt SDSU would be interested in a recruit that USD flushed.

Comment

He isn't and never has been a D1 player.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post

My thoughts exactly....but I've been wrong on that thought before.
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                        Bingo. Was happy when I heard he committed to USD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Is smith going to continue the trend of usd going for transfers instead of high school recruits? Are they going to have any new recruits for next year? Can't imagine there are a lot of prosects left. Unless he is waiting till after semester is over to go after jucos and transfers.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                            I do not recall SDSU having interest in him before.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                              You are no doubt right about that. I have never seen him play. His size was of interest though. Its interesting that he is changing his mind. I guess he has that right to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                You are no doubt right about that. I have never seen him play. His size was of interest though. Its interesting that he is changing his mind. I guess he has that right to do so.
                                Perhaps I misunderstand, but I don't think Decker changed his mind. The new coach at USD told him there wasn't a place for him on the "new" Yotes roster.

It happens, but one more illustration why kids would want to unionize. Decker would have had to beg USD for a release if he changed his mind. USD can drop him without notice.

USD will need to make inroads in recruiting South Dakota kids. At this point, SDSU gets their pick of South Dakota high school recruits.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X