Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD Hires Craig Smith

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    There are a gazillion things in life to get worked up about. This isn't one of them...
    You say that as a rationale human being though ...
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by yote4life View Post
      Well damn it TV and Mick get on the ball then. I'm tired of breaking your stories and I'm tired of people all wondering whether this is true or not when I already know it is. I would rather the discussion turn to how good of a coach Austin is. Why did he leave SDSU for UNC? I never understood that. Is he a great player who has made his coaching name on bringing in one great recruit, or is he considered to be a great recruiter who brought in a lot more than just Nate W.? Was he State's primary recruiter. I've talked to him several times before, nice guy but it would surprise me to know that he was great with recruits. I think he would be great at spotting who should be recruited. What were his primary duties when he was at State?
      How is this one of "our stories" again?

If anything, it is a USD story. The USD beat reporter should be covering it. If it is true, I would guess Mick will get an earful from his boss.

If it is true, I wish Austin good luck. I'm not sure working at 3 schools in 3 years would be a positive or negative sign.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        Yes, this would only be "big news" to a small percentage of diehard fans and a few other hardcore basketball types. To the rest of the world, the movement of assistant coaches from one mid major team to another is hardly even noteworthy. The local news guys will throw it a little coverage when it happens.
        I agree with Southeast although I'm not sure its "big news" to anyone. It's worth a comment because Austin was an outstanding Jackrabbit and has been an assistant at SDSU. This message board made note of the fact when Austin went to UNC too. The backstory here has potential to overshadow whether Austin has been named an assistant to Coach Smith at USD: if the story on Austin is confirmed, good for Austin if that's what he wants. If the story is not confirmed, then we have sanctions to consider: (1) how to deal with a troll; and (2) watching TK request to be banned! Hmmm...I think some boredom has set in -- is this what happens when we're not in football and basketball seasons?

How 'bout Treinan's first appearance with the Nationals! Go Jacks!

Comment

Thanks to those who have elevated the thread above the name-calling and smacking. Carry on (in moderation).
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
            lol Why shouldn't it be talked about? As far as why it there hasn't been a press release,who knows? Maybe it will be on Monday. It's not exactly earth shattering news when an assistant gets hired by an obscure mid-major.
            It's more so just getting annoying to me. I could care less if Hansen went USD or if he never comes back to SDSU. I think one person is trying to get a rise out of people. Why would they wait till Monday? I think it would make some headlines. Former Jack standout and assistant coach finds job with former school rival. I think it would make for a good local story on a weekend with no major college sports competing anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
              It's more so just getting annoying to me. I could care less if Hansen went USD or if he never comes back to SDSU. I think one person is trying to get a rise out of people. Why would they wait till Monday? I think it would make some headlines. Former Jack standout and assistant coach finds job with former school rival. I think it would make for a good local story on a weekend with no major college sports competing anymore.
              If your annoyance is being caused by this board,there's a simple solution. As far as it having the potential as a good weekend story, that's a fair point. The problem is that your dealing with a small time SID from a school that also gets small time coverage for obvious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                I'm keeping a list and checking it twice. If this doesn't come to fruition, I will be flaming away in this thread, even if it gets me banned.

If this turns out to be total crap - look out.
                http://craftgasm.net/attachments/wat...-here-jpg.966/

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                  If your annoyance is being caused by this board,there's a simple solution. As far as it having the potential as a good weekend story, that's a fair point. The problem is that your dealing with a small time SID from a school that also gets small time coverage for obvious reasons.
                  Is one solution making up rumors and not being able to back it up besides saying a "source" told him on a rivals school message board?

Comment

This is much ado about very little. Maybe Austin Hansen and the player leaving Nebraska were checking out USD at the same time. I suspect there's nothing official yet or USD would be talking about it, and Mick, Terry and others would be reporting it. This is not the first time hearsay and rumors on social media have outpaced confirmable facts that the traditional media usually prefers to report. If the Hansen rumor is true, it's probably worth a couple inches of copy on page 3 of the sports section, and maybe a few seconds at the end of a sports newscast. That's about it. We should save some of this passion for an in-season sport, like baseball.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                      How is this one of "our stories" again?

If anything, it is a USD story. The USD beat reporter should be covering it. If it is true, I would guess Mick will get an earful from his boss.

If it is true, I wish Austin good luck. I'm not sure working at 3 schools in 3 years would be a positive or negative sign.
                      I agree, but so many people kept waiting for TV to break the news that I included him along with Mick to get on the ball. It was the people on this board that were looking to TV. I guess I can see why though. Austin Hansen is an SDSU great.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                        I'm keeping a list and checking it twice. If this doesn't come to fruition, I will be flaming away in this thread, even if it gets me banned.

If this turns out to be total crap - look out.
                        I'll tell you what TK22867, if this rumor is wrong then you won't have to ban me, I'll go away. If its true then maybe you can do the same. What do you say, do we have a deal?

Comment

I'll tell you what TK22867, if this rumor is wrong then you won't have to ban me, I'll go away. If its true then maybe you can do the same. What do you say, do we have a deal?

Welllllllllllll?

Comment

First of all, I disagree with Hansen being a good recruiter, not saying hes a bad recruiter, but I always thought his skill set was on sideline. There were games I watched where I thought he was the head coach.

I've been told 2 reasons why he left, I'll just say is if either are true its probably for the best for both sides.

First of all if I'm Western Illinois I'd have Austin on my short list. So maybe he has accepted it pending some HC job interviews. But for assistants they want to be with good programs, people they feel are moving up, because if Smith is successful he could get a bigger job, and take them with, or it makes you more likely to get a HC job. Assistants bounce around, SDSU has surprisingly had little change with the assistants over the past 5 years. If he is, good for him, if he isn't good luck to wherever he ends up.

Comment

Wait...let me get some popcorn for this!
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Just a quick question from an outside observer: Has anyone bothered to send a quick email to TV and/or MG to inquire if they know anything? Making sure they know about the rumor would seem like a much better use of time than sniping at one another. I'm pretty sure the NDSU beat reporters keep an eye on Bisonville to be on the lookout for new info, but I don't know if that's the case for SDSU & USD beat reporters and the SDSU & USD message boards.

Comment

Working...
                                X