Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joey James Out as USD Head Coach

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I think you are referring to Craig Smith, Miles right hand man. Would he leave the comforts of a well paid assistant to take a head job for maybe less money? http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205435851
    He was a real good coach at Mayville. He'd be my #1 target, but I wonder what the money is. It was rumored he was offered but turned down the Northern job when Sather got it. Who is a guy I'd consider.

Gary Parish says Miller is a finalist for the USD job, but is also being considered by Pearl to stay at Auburn.

If Miller is interested it would make for a tough decision. He has no real ties to USD, and has made good money as an assistant. Would he leave in a year or 2 for a top assistant job? And he would leave for better job.

Comment

I think this will be a very interesting job search for us a Jackrabbit fans. It should enlighten us as to what we can expect when it is our turn to hire new coaches.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Right, I'm not sure what, if any, options he has for a head coaching position at the DI level at this time. Not sure USD should even be interested. Don't know enough about why he did not move on with Alford from N Mexico to UCLA. Maybe he thought the Missouri opportunity was a better one. Maybe he didn't want to go to California. Here is a snippet from his resume:

College - Second year as associate head coach at Auburn (2012-pres.); Two months as an assistant coach at Missouri (2012); Five years as an assistant coach at New Mexico (2007-12); One year as an assistant coach at Pepperdine (2006-07); Three years as basketball operations assistant at Memphis (2004-07).
        FWIW, I've been told that "associate head coach" is a considerable step up from "assistant coach." If you want a head coaching job, having associate head coach is a great thing to have on your resume. Its a head coach's way of broadcasting to the world, "here is a guy who I believe could be a head coach somewhere."
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          FWIW, I've been told that "associate head coach" is a considerable step up from "assistant coach." If you want a head coaching job, having associate head coach is a great thing to have on your resume. Its a head coach's way of broadcasting to the world, "here is a guy who I believe could be a head coach somewhere."
          You are right. However, I think its more important to be on the staff at a successful program in any capacity. Auburn hasn't been good under Barbee. I don't think Miller is a serious candidate but I have no idea so there you go.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Stu tweeted a couple hours ago that Ryan Miller has withdrawn his name from consideration for the USD men's basketball job.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              Stu tweeted a couple hours ago that Ryan Miller has withdrawn his name from consideration for the USD men's basketball job.
              You are not blaming Stu? Mr. Miller has some options that are better fit for his future as a coach. I don't recall ND native, Dale Brown, the big timer at LSU, ever wanting the UND or NDSU jobs, although they were D2. He too had his chances.

Comment

so any rumors of consequence...seems like Miller was the main person mentioned in this thread, and he's removed his name.

Not that it matters...I was just wondering who they were bringing in...more out of curiosity than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                  so any rumors of consequence...seems like Miller was the main person mentioned in this thread, and he's removed his name.

Not that it matters...I was just wondering who they were bringing in...more out of curiosity than anything.
                  Billeter from Augie and Craig Smith from Nebraska. I thought I also seen an Assistant Coach from Drake mentioned on Twitter.

Comment

Who knows. Another withdrawal or two, and Joey James might be back in the mix. But I doubt it. I'd be interested in Dave Boots' reaction to the search.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      Who knows. Another withdrawal or two, and Joey James might be back in the mix. But I doubt it. I'd be interested in Dave Boots' reaction to the search.
                      Although I have my doubts about the interest of Craig Smith, you have count him as interested in the job until we hear otherwise, but it appears no chance for Joey unless there is a severe budget crisis in the A. Dept. I looking to see an unknown with D1 experience to get the job. There will be a bunch looking.

Comment

Ryan Miller to UNLV. TVs retweet wasn't too clear but I'd assume this would be an Assistant Coach position as I heard Dave Rice was to get a contract extension?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Joey James to be Head Coach at Concordia-St. Paul
                          http://cugoldenbears.com/news/2014/4...410142117.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            Joey James to be Head Coach at Concordia-St. Paul
                            http://cugoldenbears.com/news/2014/4...410142117.aspx
                            Is it just me that thinks, Joey might be over qualified for this job. I was hoping he would land in D1 land somewhere. At any rate good luck to Joey James and his career at Concordia.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              Is it just me that thinks, Joey might be over qualified for this job. I was hoping he would land in D1 land somewhere. At any rate good luck to Joey James and his career at Concordia.
                              If Joey turns in a winning season soon, he will be a very popular guy again. The Concordia-St Paul group has had 3 straight losing seasons and would even be giggly with more wins with the same players like he did at Vermillion. He may even make the same money that the yotes paid last year. Joey will do fine while he coaches the Golden Bears.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                              X