2014 Summit League Men's Basketball Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Summit League Men's Basketball Tournament

The hell is the difference between student individual session ticket and a regular one?

Comment

The biggest news of the day for me was the announcement that Midco will sell online streaming of the entire tournament for $20.95. For those of us who can't get there and who live well outside of MidcoLand, that is just awesome.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajack View Post
        The hell is the difference between student individual session ticket and a regular one?
        I believe the students can buy bleacher tickets for a reduced cost. But they have to move after their teams game to allow students from the school playing in the next game if the space is needed.

Comment

USA Today (3/6/14) has a nice feature article on the Summit League Tourney ("March's Best Kept Secret")

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ament/6113673/

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            USA Today (3/6/14) has a nice feature article on the Summit League Tourney ("March's Best Kept Secret")

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ament/6113673/
            Excellent article and publicity for the Summit League. I can't imagine the tournament moving away from Sioux Falls.

Comment

Fun to read. I usually try not to be one of those guys that thinks that everything is great just because we have it here in South Dakota, but it appears that we local fans are not the only ones that understand that The Summit League itself and especially the conference tournament is a special event. It will be interesting next year to see what the tournament "feel like" in the new facility.

All take shots at the Arena, and I know that building is not an aging gem like Williams Arena at University of Minnesota, but I suspect we may realize that although the new venue is going to be a terrific step forward we may in some ways miss some of the "charm" of the old Arena even with all its imperfections.
              The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                Fun to read. I usually try not to be one of those guys that thinks that everything is great just because we have it here in South Dakota, but it appears that we local fans are not the only ones that understand that The Summit League itself and especially the conference tournament is a special event. It will be interesting next year to see what the tournament "feel like" in the new facility.

All take shots at the Arena, and I know that building is not an aging gem like Williams Arena at University of Minnesota, but I suspect we may realize that although the new venue is going to be a terrific step forward we may in some ways miss some of the "charm" of the old Arena even with all its imperfections.
                I think most fans will like the seats, consessions etc, but the event overall will be compared to how well the teams do on the court. if both mens and womens teams dont have similar sucess thats going to be viewed as a negative with the new event center from SDSU fans. As much as other teams dont like it, the better SDSu does the better the tournament does with crowds, and all that goes with it. If USD could start getting better that would help to have 2 local fan bases, but I dont see a lot of USD fans getting all tournament passes like SDSU fans currently do.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

There may be a cumulative increase with Omaha, Denver, ORU, and NDSU if they think they can get seats in a larger venue. Of course, the success of individual teams influence the casual fan attendance. USD may have a few more attend the women's game Sunday with their potential to advance. The teams that play the single game for men and women Saturday will have larger attendance than they are accustomed at home where the echo never ends. The last year ORU played the school sent 2 buses for students at $25/head for transportation. That may be an idea for other schools to employ to help student attendance. Meanwhile, it will be Jackrabbit fans filling many seats this last year of the Arena.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Douple as much as said last night on an interview that the Summit League tourney would be here until at least 2022, through 17 on the current contract and then the 5 year option written in after that.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                      The biggest news of the day for me was the announcement that Midco will sell online streaming of the entire tournament for $20.95. For those of us who can't get there and who live well outside of MidcoLand, that is just awesome.
                      It is. Last year it was on ESPN3 wasn't it? I was looking for it on there but didn't see it. I can get ESPN3 for free but I'll have to pay the $20 through Midco. Easily worth it.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                        It is. Last year it was on ESPN3 wasn't it? I was looking for it on there but didn't see it. I can get ESPN3 for free but I'll have to pay the $20 through Midco. Easily worth it.
                        Last year they were all on one of the FCS channels not ESPN3.

Comment

What time do the doors open before every session? With the event center the home show and construction in the area plan to go with plently of time to spare.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                            No ESPN3 except for the trophy presentations on Tuesday. The championship games will be available through WatchESPN if you get that since they'll also be on ESPN2/ESPNU. Today's games will be live on Midco and tape delayed on FCS. Sunday and Monday's games will be live on both.

Comment

This probably doesn't belong in this thread since Omaha isn't eligible for the Summit tournament , but was interesting to hear Tom Douple say in TV's podcast that the Mavericks are drawing interest from some of the lesser post-season tournaments. If that is true with a 16-14 record , there should be a number of conference teams playing somewhere down the road.

Comment

Watching IPFW and IUPUI in MidcoSN stream. The good news: The stream is excellent. Great quality and no hiccups at all. The bad news: IUPUI is maybe the most poorly coached basketball team in Division I. Seriously: That's the best you can do with those athletes? Embarrassingly bad team.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X