The Summit League season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Summit League season

Ft Wayne has 3 road games for the men.. They go to IUPUI, Western, and Omaha. There could be a loss waiting for them. The Mastodons have stumbled hard lately.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      South Dakota State 10-1 19-8
      IUPUI 9-2 19-7
      South Dakota 5-5 14-11
      Western Illinois 5-5 13-12
      Fort Wayne 5-6 12-13
      Denver 4-6 6-19
      Omaha 2-8 10-14
      North Dakota State 2-9 6-20
      The current standings have IUPUI and USD women in the same bracket(2-7,3-6 followed with a potential 2-3 match.). WIU and IPFW would be the 4-5 seed game which would be in the Jackrabbit(#1 seed) bracket.
      Western Illinois beat USD earlier this year so at the moment, WIU would win the tie breaker for the number 3 seed I believe. That at the moment would put USD in our bracket

Comment

True. I considered that Dakota trip for Denver. If they lose those two and win their last two home games (WIU and Denver) they finish with 8 wins and it is literally impossible for Omaha to catch them. Omaha has to go to USD and Denver plus gets FW and IUPUI at home. Three of those four will be tough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Both Jackrabbit teams are in great position. The key is holding on to #1 or #2 position.

Greatest competition in S. Falls for the men will be NDSU, no doubt in my mind. Bison are highly unlikely to fall any further than #2 and the most likely team to pass them and take the #1 seed is the Jackrabbit men. So, won't face the biggest threat until the championship game regardless. That said, fall to a 3 seed the whole landscape changes. Now you have to win 3 games in 3 days against teams with the same goal. My preference, win the regular season and get the #1 seed. With the #2 seed you get a lousy IUPUI team in game one but then a strong team with the #3 seed or a #6 seed which will be USD or WIU, I'd rather have the winner of the 4 vs 5 game with the extra rest.

Again, THE KEY is securing the 1 or 2 seed. Best way to do that is to win in Fargo Saturday. Even with a loss by the Jackrabbits, SDSU has a very favorable schedule with Denver and USD at home to finish the season.

For the women, USD and IUPUI are the most likely threats to knock off the favored Jackrabbits with WIU and IPFW legitimate contenders as well. 6 and 7 seeds are both going to be very weak. So, Jackrabbits are likely to have 2 tough games regardless of whether they finish #1 or #2 and with only 3 games left can't finish worse than #2. The 2 vs 7 game should be a blowout regardless of the teams involved. Saturday should be easy with a terrible Bison team in Brookings. Denver is likely a must win as well although IUPUI dose have to travel to IPFW and WIU, they could lose one of those.

Winning in Vermillion has proven difficult for AJ and his teams. Would be nice to have the #1 seed wrapped up before that game.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

MBB has middle teams playing tonight. Denver is at home and they can make a solid spot in the top half(tie with IPFW) of the conference with a win over the Leathernecks. Omaha will have the tough night in the Dome as both teams are 4-6 in league play.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

DeHoff has resigned....

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/427136/

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                Shocking!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

don't believe this is a big surprise. the last few weeks i was wondering if this might happen.

Comment

Wow, Dehoff was so close to the end. It sounds like a long, messy breakup. No doubt that team needed a change.

Tonight's games won't have an immediate effect on SDSU, but could come into play down the road.

Men's games:

WIU is at Denver. Denver winning helps our NDSU tie-breaker situation but Denver losing seriously cuts their chances of being able to overtake us (should we go on an awful losing streak). Either way there is a positive for SDSU tonight.

Omaha is at USD (Midco). Omaha losing helps our NDSU tie-breaker. USD losing means that they could still fall from #5 to #6 (and be a possible first round matchup for SDSU).

Women's games
                    :

USD has been playing well and should keep it up on the road against a bad Omaha team (they've lost 7 of their last 8).

Denver is at WIU. Both of these teams are fighting for the 4/5 slots. Whomever ends up with #6 is going to probably have to face USD in the opening round. Denver is currently sixth and WIU is fourth.

Comment

• The Summit League season

Jacks can't fall to #3 and be expected to dance. Not deep enough. I will be hoping for a WIU win. I always hope for a coyote loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                        don't believe this is a big surprise. the last few weeks i was wondering if this might happen.
                        Or maybe the last couple of years!!

Comment

Well, this could be awkward if NDSU somehow pulled off a run in the tournament and danced, wouldn't it? Retract resignation and extension!
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Turn on Midco and check out the 'crowd' for the UNO/USD game...
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

WBB: Omaha 69, USD 61. Final. USD (14-12, 5-6) with a bad loss on the road.

WBB: WIU 79, Denver 76. Final. WIU (6-5) in TSL. A WIU win at home against USD on Saturday will assure USD of a 4/5 seed in Sioux Falls.
                              Last edited by YanktonJack7; 02-20-2014, 09:01 PM.

Comment

I'm surprised that the USD women blew that one. BAD LOSS is right.

USD men wrap up a last-second win in front of virtually no one at the dome. From the looks of it, you could walk up and buy mid-court seats in any row of the bleachers you want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X