Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League Awards

Originally posted by goon View Post
    where did the thread go where we were guessing summit league awards? I dont see it, i wanna see how close my prediction was.
    Is here:

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...ketball-awards
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Thanks, forgot it was in mens basketball section. I was pretty close.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

It makes Filbert look like he knows his job.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The Jacks got big-time shafted in two areas . #1 - Gabby not even getting on the Honorable Mention list. Without her steady point guard play,the Jacks probably don't win the title. She was the most consistent player on the team. And # 2 - What does Scott Nagy need to do to win Coach of the Year ? Last year he basically did what Molinari did this season,but they gave it to Sutton for winning the title. So this year he wins the title and they give it to the coach of the # 2 seed. Molinari is a good coach but he had more first team players than the Jacks,plus the Defensive POY and couldn't win the title outright. I guess if the Jacks had gone undefeated , maybe Nagy would have gotten the nod. End of rant.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            The Jacks got big-time shafted in two areas . #1 - Gabby not even getting on the Honorable Mention list. Without her steady point guard play,the Jacks probably don't win the title. She was the most consistent player on the team. And # 2 - What does Scott Nagy need to do to win Coach of the Year ? Last year he basically did what Molinari did this season,but they gave it to Sutton for winning the title. So this year he wins the title and they give it to the coach of the # 2 seed. Molinari is a good coach but he had more first team players than the Jacks,plus the Defensive POY and couldn't win the title outright. I guess if the Jacks had gone undefeated , maybe Nagy would have gotten the nod. End of rant.
            I agree but they probably saw sdsu ans unbeatable and Western lost a lot last year so they were probably looked to as underdogs. even those as fans we knew they were going to be good.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              I would have liked to see Nagy win it, but Molinari's team won the conference title after being picked 3rd(?), plus won their last two games without their first team all conference center to do it. Both coaches were deserving. Last year ORU won the title outright, this year we didn't.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                I would have liked to see Nagy win it, but Molinari's team won the conference title after being picked 3rd(?), plus won their last two games without their first team all conference center to do it. Both coaches were deserving. Last year ORU won the title outright, this year we didn't.
                Disagree. Nagy and AJ both deserved Coach of the Year awards. Nagy's team won the conference and was 2-0 over WIU. Nagy's team had the biggest OOC wins in the Summit. Nagy did it through injuries as well and with the bullseye on his team every night. They chose a deserving guy just not the most deserving.

No way AJ shouldn't be COY, no way. Sure IUPUI beat SDSU twice, Jacks won the conference going away. I agree Gabby deserved mention.

I think being new to the league cost SDSU's coaches this year.

Congrats to all the athletes that were named, especially Nate for POY.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Disagree. Nagy and AJ both deserved Coach of the Year awards. Nagy's team won the conference and was 2-0 over WIU. Nagy's team had the biggest OOC wins in the Summit. Nagy did it through injuries as well and with the bullseye on his team every night. They chose a deserving guy just not the most deserving.

No way AJ shouldn't be COY, no way. Sure IUPUI beat SDSU twice, Jacks won the conference going away. I agree Gabby deserved mention.

One final reason why Nagy should have been COY - Strength of Schedule rating : SDSU - 173 , WIU - 297

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    Jacks were preseason picks to win the league which automatically puts a target on their backs. Mission accomplished, plus as others have stated, we swept WIU and they racked up non-conference wins against cupcakes. Also, a Parkless WIU squeaking out a couple of home wins against the 7th and 8th place teams is hardly COY worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post

I can agree with this. I think Nagy should have won, but a reasonable person should be able to see how Molinari won it, IMO.

SDSU did what they were supposed to do. WIU did better than they were supposed to do. Both coaches were deserving, only one gets picked. I would guess the voting or whatever method for choosing was very close. Probably was last year too.

Edit: Also, Nate didn't miss any conference games due to injury. Parks missed the last two.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

When was the last time the COY went to a coach that didn't receive the #1 tournament seed in the Summit Mid-Con...Mens or Womens??
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                          When was the last time the COY went to a coach that didn't receive the #1 tournament seed in the Summit Mid-Con...Mens or Womens??
                          Kampe got it in 06-07 when ORU was #1, and Finkbeiner got it last year when SDSU was #1.

Comment

Maybe the COY voters took into account Nagy's choice not to develop the bench this year while knowing that he would lose the POY and an HM to graduation.......
                            Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

I've always felt it's a lot harder to win when you are expected to win
                              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                              X