Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit League Awards

WBB All-Newcomer:

Blair-Mobley (UNO), Goss (IUPUI), Luke (WIU), Popkey (OU), Seekamp (USD)

MBB All-Newcomer:

Jacobo (IPFW), Link (WIU), Mondy (OU), Myles (USD), Simmons (UNO)

Re: Summit League Awards

WBB Honorable Mention Team: Carolyn Blair-Mobley (UNO), Erin Murphy (IPFW), Jamie Nash (UNO), Elena Popkey (OU), Nicole Seekamp (USD).
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

MBB Honorable Mention Team: Brandon Bos (USD), Tony Fiegen (SDSU), Juevol Myles (USD), Corey Petros (OU), Drew Valentine (OU).
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

WBB Honorable Mention Team:

Blair-Mobley (UNO), Murphy (IPFW), Nash (UNO), Popkey (OU), Seekamp (USD)

MBB Honorable Mention Team:

Bos (USD), Fiegen (SDSU), Myles (USD), Petros (OU), Valentine (OU)

Comment

WBB 2nd Team: Katie Birkel (NDSU), Dani DeGagne (NDSU), DeAirra Goss (IUPUI), Ashley Luke (WIU), Tempestt Wilson (USD).

Comment

WBB Newcomer of the Year: Ashley Luke (WIU)

Defensive POY - Bellamy (IUPUI)

6th Woman of the Year - Lingle (SDSU)

COY - Austin Parkinson (IUPUI)

POY - Amanda Hyde (IPFW)

Comment

MBB Awards

Newcomer of the Year - Duke Mondy (Oakland)

Defensive POY - Terell Parks (WIU)

6th Man of the Year - Mike Felt (NDSU)

COY - Jim Molinari (WIU)

POY - Wolters

Comment

The full lists are already up on the Summit website:

Men
                Women

Comment

Nice to see Fiegen get some recognition. He's worked hard this year. Incredible that Nate's made first team for three years in a row. Dykstra's made second for two years in a row.

Comment

The Summit seems to be ready to setup house in Sioux Falls for the basketball tourney. They even get a suite in new facility. That is good fodder for SD fans who enjoy the time at tournament.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

seems Aj got slighted by not winning COY. hopefully it was really close with Nagy and Molinari, I understand why he got it. Was hoping for a sweep with those.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        seems Aj got slighted by not winning COY. hopefully it was really close with Nagy and Molinari, I understand why he got it. Was hoping for a sweep with those.
                        I can't complain too much about the IUPUI coach getting it. He had a much deeper hole to climb out of than A.J. did.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          I can't complain too much about the IUPUI coach getting it. He had a much deeper hole to climb out of than A.J. did.
                          True, but AJ I would say had the better year, but then again they were the only team that beat us.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

The women were able to get 2 on the first team and Katie for 6th honor. When they won the conference going away, I would have expected maybe an honorable mention or 2nd team honor for Gabby. With the Jags making big improvements and beating the Jacks both games, Parkinson had to get the nod. AJ is expected to be out front every year and he may need to be extra special while the other teams make progress. We can check back later for the tournament accolades to find the MVP etc.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

where did the thread go where we were guessing summit league awards? I dont see it, i wanna see how close my prediction was.

Comment

Working...
                              X