• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Summit tourney

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    Our guy was #8 in line...we got Sec W
    Bastard. Kidding. Good for you.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

ugh, finally not row 21. so we are upper 3rd and not sure what section. thats not good at all. dad got their at 9:30 and we told them we didnt want the far end section but they wouldnt serch again, so to get more center tickets had to go back to the end of the line.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Our guy in line since 9 am said the 3 guys in front of him bought 75 tickets each ($10,000).
        So is this tournament starting to get hit with the professional scalpers or are these booster clubs?

There has to be a better way to handle the ticketing process.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
          So is this tournament starting to get hit with the professional scalpers or are these booster clubs?

There has to be a better way to handle the ticketing process.
          No idea. The idea of taking the risk to scalp all session passes when you can't be sure SDSU or USD will go deep into the tourney seems risky at best. Will people pay $50 per session? I don't think so. I have to believe they are booster clubs or organized groups that pooled resources and sent a guy up there like we have done the last few years. We get 20 passes, 75 seems like a lot.

Can anyone confirm or deny the rumor that the "howling pack" bought $50,000 worth on the first day last year?
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Can anyone confirm or deny the rumor that the "howling pack" bought $50,000 worth on the first day last year?
            There's great potential for posts prompted by the above comment to go straight to Smack without passing "Go" or collecting $200.

Comment

my last search for 2 tickets best available was row 27 section R which is send to the end section and only goes up to row 30. They have to have other seats in some of those sections blocked off or something. becuase online is only the end to sections and none of the 3 good middle ones pop up and its up to row 27 already. wonder if other groups called in to purchase huge ticket numbers for other schools.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                my last search for 2 tickets best available was row 27 section R which is send to the end section and only goes up to row 30. They have to have other seats in some of those sections blocked off or something. becuase online is only the end to sections and none of the 3 good middle ones pop up and its up to row 27 already. wonder if other groups called in to purchase huge ticket numbers for other schools.
                I know they block off a certain number of seats in the center few sections (maybe C,D,E and N,O,P) for each school. When the schools return their unused allocation those tickets go back to the public. So, at least the first 6-8 rows in those sections are not available right for all-session passes.

I am pretty sure TM considers "best available" as the lowest row regardless of relationship to length of the court. So, no surprise the middle sections are not initially listed as "best available". That is why i suggest that those wanting middle section and higher up wait until the line went through and then show up and request section D or O.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  There's great potential for posts prompted by the above comment to go straight to Smack without passing "Go" or collecting $200.
                  Not my intent. Reason I inquire, one of my colleagues is a member and he was given the option to buy all-session passes via the howling pack about 3 months ago. He declined and now he can't get a ticket. So, the howling pack had an allocation of all-session passes, I just don't know how many.

I have been offered tickets to single games and sessions through SDSU, not interested at this time in my life. Those seats change from game to game, session to session and are for family and others as guests of each respective team.

Comment

Per Dom Izzo ‏

@DomIzzoWDAY
                    Lot of anticipation RT @summithoops Approximately 1,700 all-session tickets for 2014 Summit League Tourney sold in first hr #summittourney

Comment

I know they block off a certain number of seats in the center few sections (maybe C,D,E and N,O,P) for each school. When the schools return their unused allocation those tickets go back to the public. So, at least the first 6-8 rows in those sections are not available right for all-session passes.

I am pretty sure TM considers "best available" as the lowest row regardless of relationship to length of the court. So, no surprise the middle sections are not initially listed as "best available". That is why i suggest that those wanting middle section and higher up wait until the line went through and then show up and request section D or O.
                      So how do fans at others schools get those tickets taht are set for them.? what if we called IUPUI and said we needed 4 seats in the section. or is thier some way to keep fans from other schools from buying those sections that are set aside.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        So how do fans at others schools get those tickets taht are set for them.? what if we called IUPUI and said we needed 4 seats in the section. or is thier some way to keep fans from other schools from buying those sections that are set aside.
                        That is a question I cannot answer. Take a look tomorrow at the games. There will be some open seats in the lower rows of the middle sections of the balcony. I can just about guarantee that. Try sitting there and see what happens then report back to me if they let you.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          Per Dom Izzo ‏

@DomIzzoWDAY
                          Lot of anticipation RT @summithoops Approximately 1,700 all-session tickets for 2014 Summit League Tourney sold in first hr #summittourney
                          Over $195K in sales in the first hour.

Umm yeah, that's not bad...

Comment

That is a question I cannot answer. Take a look tomorrow at the games. There will be some open seats in the lower rows of the middle sections of the balcony. I can just about guarantee that. Try sitting there and see what happens then report back to me if they let you.
                            This year our seats are ok, i can handel that but next year in row 21 I might have to give it a try.

Comment

I got in line just after 8 and was 25th in line and ended up in sec r row 7. Not the best seats but after reading previous posts guess it could have been worse.

Comment

Our group of six has stood in line early ever since this has been in Sioux Falls. We have never been above the railing, always in the blues. We stand in line so we can avoid the fees, and get great seats. We rotate someone every year. For the 2013 tourney 19th in line, we received row 6, Section W behind home bench, pretty close to what we always have had. For the 2014, we were 28th in line. We drew Section R, Row 22, 8 from the top of the arena. My friend almost had to change shorts, and thought he did something wrong. Just floored him.

Well,hopefully they were all Rabbit fans.

After I posted this, I started to see a bunch of people in Setion R. That seems very weird to me. Or am I just in need for some Pendelton and some basketball.
                                Last edited by jacks28; 03-08-2013, 02:46 PM. Reason: looking at other posts

Comment

Working...
                                X