Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Summit tourney

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2014 Summit tourney

    http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...affrey-honored

    All-session passes for the 2014 Summit League tournament at the Arena will go on sale at noon March 8. They will be available through the Arena box office, Ticketmaster.com, Ticketmaster outlets or by calling 1-800-745-3000.

  • #2
    Re: 2014 Summit torney

    Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
    http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...affrey-honored

    All-session passes for the 2014 Summit League tournament at the Arena will go on sale at noon March 8. They will be available through the Arena box office, Ticketmaster.com, Ticketmaster outlets or by calling 1-800-745-3000.
    Correct. Discussed that in another thread. It does need a thread of its own as well. Ticketmaster will gouge the heck out of you. If there is anyway that you can be in Sioux Falls and go to the arena box office without disrupting your day I recommend you do that. Box office is open 10-5 pm. They let us in to stand in line the years previous to last.

    Couple other caveats, they define for you what "best available" is and haven't allowed any flexibility for those first in line at the box office. If you wait for the initial line to go through you can pick where you want your seats. So, if you want center court wait for the line to go through. If you want to be as close to the court as possible regardless of nearness to the center then get there early.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

    We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 2014 Summit torney

      Will the new arena be open for the 2014 Tourney?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 2014 Summit torney

        No, 2015.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 2014 Summit tourney

          Playing devil's advocate for a second..........What IF the conference landscape shifts this Spring/Summer and SDSU leaves the Summit for Conference "X", much earlier than anyone could have imagined.

          You are stuck with tickets to the 2014 Summit League Tournament.

          Still buying on Friday? I know the answer is probably an emphatic "yes", but just throwing that bone out there for someone to chew on.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 2014 Summit tourney

            Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
            Playing devil's advocate for a second..........What IF the conference landscape shifts this Spring/Summer and SDSU leaves the Summit for Conference "X", much earlier than anyone could have imagined.

            You are stuck with tickets to the 2014 Summit League Tournament.

            Still buying on Friday? I know the answer is probably an emphatic "yes", but just throwing that bone out there for someone to chew on.
            I think it is way too late in the game for SDSU to get into the MVC for next year. Buy your tickets. No worries.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 2014 Summit tourney

              Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
              http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...affrey-honoredAll-session passes for the 2014 Summit League tournament at the Arena will go on sale at noon March 8. They will be available through the Arena box office, Ticketmaster.com, Ticketmaster outlets or by calling 1-800-745-3000.
              How much are the all-session/ticket? I'm wondering how many I should buy for next year.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 2014 Summit tourney

                Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                Still buying on Friday? I know the answer is probably an emphatic "yes", but just throwing that bone out there for someone to chew on.
                YES, but I encourage others to think it through cautiously until I have completed my purchase! It looks like I'll be forking over the extra fee money to Ticketmaster this year. Driving to Sioux Falls on Friday (when I know I'll probably be driving up there 3 or 4 more times in the next few days) sounds awful.

                If I remember right, all-session passes were $110 for this year's tourney. I don't have one in front of me at the moment though.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 2014 Summit tourney

                  Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  How much are the all-session/ticket? I'm wondering how many I should buy for next year.

                  I received an email stating all-session tickets are $115 for 2014.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 2014 Summit tourney

                    Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack View Post
                    I received an email stating all-session tickets are $115 for 2014.
                    +1 Thanks
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: 2014 Summit tourney

                      48 hours before 2014 is on sale.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 2014 Summit tourney

                        Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                        48 hours before 2014 is on sale.
                        Have someone that will be waiting in line bright and early at the box office. My previous experience in line has not been good. They seem to make up the rules as they go and are not customer friendly. Once the windows open they take each person in order and select the "best available" seats. You are not given any chance to accept or refuse or request other seats. That was the way it was for 2011 and 2012. I did not wait in line last year as I was at the Jackrabbit game when tickets went on sale. We ended up with considerably poorer seats for a variety of reasons.

                        I am under the impression that the howling pack booster club purchased a large volume of tickets very early in the process last year. I assume the same plan is in place this year. If that is true access to the best seats in the house may be limited again this year. I am not aware of a limit to the number of tickets one individual can purchase, perhaps others are aware.

                        If anyone has advice I am open to all suggestions. What worked best in 2012 was waiting until the initial line of 50 or so went through and then present and request specific seats, they allowed that. My concern? I think there are going to be a HECK OF A LOT more people waiting in line, logging on to ticketmaster or present at ticketmaster outlets this year than ever.

                        What about ticketmaster you ask? I tried that a couple of years ago and could not log on, didn't work. The fee is $40 and I buy 20 packages, $800 is too much for me to feel good about eating for fees.

                        So, my hope is seats back in the courtside risers. My expectation is seats back in the balcony. If it is the balcony again I hope to be lower than row 10. Stuck in Sec D row 14 this year.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

                        We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: 2014 Summit tourney

                          Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          Have someone that will be waiting in line bright and early at the box office. My previous experience in line has not been good. They seem to make up the rules as they go and are not customer friendly. Once the windows open they take each person in order and select the "best available" seats. You are not given any chance to accept or refuse or request other seats. That was the way it was for 2011 and 2012. I did not wait in line last year as I was at the Jackrabbit game when tickets went on sale. We ended up with considerably poorer seats for a variety of reasons.

                          I am under the impression that the howling pack booster club purchased a large volume of tickets very early in the process last year. I assume the same plan is in place this year. If that is true access to the best seats in the house may be limited again this year. I am not aware of a limit to the number of tickets one individual can purchase, perhaps others are aware.

                          If anyone has advice I am open to all suggestions. What worked best in 2012 was waiting until the initial line of 50 or so went through and then present and request specific seats, they allowed that. My concern? I think there are going to be a HECK OF A LOT more people waiting in line, logging on to ticketmaster or present at ticketmaster outlets this year than ever.

                          What about ticketmaster you ask? I tried that a couple of years ago and could not log on, didn't work. The fee is $40 and I buy 20 packages, $800 is too much for me to feel good about eating for fees.

                          So, my hope is seats back in the courtside risers. My expectation is seats back in the balcony. If it is the balcony again I hope to be lower than row 10. Stuck in Sec D row 14 this year.
                          We will be pretty close by ya. we are on the asile but cant recall what row, its in the teens i am pretty sure.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

                          Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: 2014 Summit torney

                            $40 TM fee per seat? Damn. It is what it is, I guess. I'll be out in a boat on the river Friday so I'm going to have to give the phone route a try. It will be interesting to see what the "best available" seats will be right at noon.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: 2014 Summit torney

                              Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              $40 TM fee per seat? Damn. It is what it is, I guess. I'll be out in a boat on the river Friday so I'm going to have to give the phone route a try. It will be interesting to see what the "best available" seats will be right at noon.
                              Good luck my friend, good luck. I have tried calling and had no luck, its probably just me though. My opinion, they are doing all they can to make ticketmaster the best option. Do the arena of SFSA get a cut of the TM fees? I really have no idea. Do venues pay TM to help distribute tickets to a wider audience? I just don't know.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

                              We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X