Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit Tourney Record Crowds ?

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    I wonder why the Arena uses TM, just seems they could get their own program and charge a small fee and make the money themselves.
    Isn't that what the facility charges are for?
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Isn't that what the facility charges are for?
      The facility charges on the tickets is what the arena gets for the use of the facility and for selling the tickets. They then sell out the on-line part of it to TM. Or at least that is how I understand it. They still get their facility fee on those tickets but the online fees go to TM.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        The facility charges on the tickets is what the arena gets for the use of the facility and for selling the tickets. They then sell out the on-line part of it to TM. Or at least that is how I understand it. They still get their facility fee on those tickets but the online fees go to TM.
        Yeah so the facility gets money too while someone else does the work to see the tickets. Plus the reach of a national company maybe has its advantages to use. Its tough to find a concert or venue who isn't on ticketmaster. Easy to serch and find anything you need tickets for. Then they charge fair market value for that convienence. I perfer the interaction of buying tickets from a person and not from a magical wizard box(computer) which means I avoid the charges.....except some venues can block other ticket master box office locations from selling tickets so tickets have to be bought at the venue office or online. When I went to get Rush tickets awhile back for the target center show they couldn't sell them at the arena so I had to get them online in that instance which totally ticked me off.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

If you plan on going, and don't have tickets yet, you will soon be S.O.L. Just played around on TM and punched in 2 best available for Sat evening and came up with row 27 (out of 30).
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
            If you plan on going, and don't have tickets yet, you will soon be S.O.L. Just played around on TM and punched in 2 best available for Sat evening and came up with row 27 (out of 30).
            Saturday night will be interesting if the seeding holds. With the Jacks playing at 6 and the Yotes, most likely, at 8:30, I wonder how many Jacks fans will stick around to watch the second game. There will be 6000+ for the Jacks and I wonder how many of those who bought the individual session passes and all session passes stay to watch the second game. There could be a mass exodus, which would be interesting but I know I'll stick around to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              How about venues like the Sioux Falls Arena handling ALL sale like, for example, the SDSU ticket office or the NDSU ticket office? I think I'm charged a handling fee of $2.00 per ticket for online or over the phone purchases. I dislike Ticketmaster like filbert dislikes IPFW.
              You are charged $2 because it looks like JumpTV is the company handling the transaction (I could be wrong on that, but xosn.com redirects to JumpTV.com). JumpTV, known worldwide for their quality and reliability. I can only imagine the chaos that would ensue should JumpTV manage the event sales that Ticketmaster does... I'm picturing 10 year olds rioting in the streets the first time a Bieber concert gets fubar'd.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                Saturday night will be interesting if the seeding holds. With the Jacks playing at 6 and the Yotes, most likely, at 8:30, I wonder how many Jacks fans will stick around to watch the second game. There will be 6000+ for the Jacks and I wonder how many of those who bought the individual session passes and all session passes stay to watch the second game. There could be a mass exodus, which would be interesting but I know I'll stick around to watch.
                As I have seen almost every game entirely since the Summit has been in Sioux Falls, you can plan on some people staying for awhile into the second game. If the second game is a blowout, the Jack crowd will leave early. If the second game is the Jacks, you can plan on most people showing up very near the end of the first game unless it is expected to be more competitve. You can also expect the Jack crowd to be split on who they may be rooting for in the neutral game. Even the women games played without SDSU had a couple of thousand which is more than most of these women have not had anywhere else. I would expect better crowds for non-SDSU men games this year with 4 competitive teams. There should finally be a bison crowd that has been missing since Woodside. More of the Jacks fans may be more interested in the Summit now as well which could boost the numbers for non Jack games. I would speculate that more of the Jack fans will watch more of the tourney this year. The true barometer is the concession stands at half and between games.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

A rep from SFSA was on KELO tonight. He said that 35,000 tickets had already been sold (last year they sold 40,000). He said that Saturday, Monday and Tuesday should be sold out soon.

Comment

Working...
                  X