Summit Tourney Record Crowds ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit Tourney Record Crowds ?

With the way the seedings look to be matching up,it appears that a "perfect storm" may be setting up for maximum attendance. Both the Jacks men and women will play on Saturday which will practically guarantee big,if not sellout crowds. And if the standings stay like they are today,both the USD and NDSU men and women would all play on Sunday which would probably result in close to a mens sellout and big crowds for the women. Over 4000 season passes guarantee big crowds,and these match-ups would result in big walk-up sales for every session.

Re: Summit Tourney Record Crowds ?

Completely agree. Large vocal crowds. Great games. Super excited.
    We...ARE...STATE!
    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Do not forget that there will be some viewing on television as well. The Summit League certainly has a bump on the horizon with this visibility and crowds in the building. (Is it too early to say that the Roos BB men will exit early? The Roo women might make semis.) This is a great tournament which ought to be very competitive on the men's side. Get lots of rest ahead of time since this is a hard 4 days for fans as well.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        With the way the seedings look to be matching up,it appears that a "perfect storm" may be setting up for maximum attendance. Both the Jacks men and women will play on Saturday which will practically guarantee big,if not sellout crowds. And if the standings stay like they are today,both the USD and NDSU men and women would all play on Sunday which would probably result in close to a mens sellout and big crowds for the women. Over 4000 season passes guarantee big crowds,and these match-ups would result in big walk-up sales for every session.
        As it stands now, I believe the USD men would play on Saturday. USD and UMKC are tied but UMKC would win the tie breaker with two wins over USD. that would make USD the # 7 seed facing at this point Western Illinois.

Comment

Wouldn't USD vs WIU be an interesting match-up? I'm wondering if WIU would have more fans in the building cheering for them (perhaps even some SDSU fans...)?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
            As it stands now, I believe the USD men would play on Saturday. USD and UMKC are tied but UMKC would win the tie breaker with two wins over USD. that would make USD the # 7 seed facing at this point Western Illinois.
            Yes, KC has the tie-breaker with USD. Both teams still play IUPUI and WIU on the road. Based on that schedule, I don't think USD is going to pass KC and climb out of that #7 spot. So USD will probably face WIU in two consecutive March games. Those two teams played a very competitive game in Vermillion very early in the season, but it feels like USD has been mailing it in since their Superbowl win.

I too wonder how many USD fans are going to show up in round 1 of the Tourney. I would be very surprised to see anything more than 1,500.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              Yes, KC has the tie-breaker with USD. Both teams still play IUPUI and WIU on the road. Based on that schedule, I don't think USD is going to pass KC and climb out of that #7 spot. So USD will probably face WIU in two consecutive March games. Those two teams played a very competitive game in Vermillion very early in the season, but it feels like USD has been mailing it in since their Superbowl win.

I too wonder how many USD fans are going to show up in round 1 of the Tourney. I would be very surprised to see anything more than 1,500.
              I would guess more sdsu fans will all session passes will be their for their game regardless of the day and opponent then what usd has. Maybe they will surprise me but if they don't play us in the tourney I don't see ahuge usd turn out.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

It sounded like the seniors did not even show up for senior night at Vermillion. IUPUI may get one more victory this year when the yotes go to Indiana. Maybe the women will bring a few yotes to Sioux Falls. Maybe not.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Here is something to consider. Will the coyote fans that bought all-session passes be willing to sell any of those tickets to SDSU fans when the coyotes are eliminated?
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    Here is something to consider. Will the coyote fans that bought all-session passes be willing to sell any of those tickets to SDSU fans when the coyotes are eliminated?
                    I just ordered my Leatherneck tee if the seeds hold and the yotes play WIU.

Comment

There will be a big USD fan base at the tourney. They bought a lot of tickets. Just think back to how excited us Jacks fans were for the first year of the tournament and we weren't supposed to make any waves on the men's side. Their women are decent too so they will be there in force. Of course, Jacks fans will dominate them but they already know and expect that.

Call me crazy but I wouldn't mind another shot at those clowns. It would be nice to break the tie! Can you imagine that atmosphere?

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                        I just ordered my Leatherneck tee if the seeds hold and the yotes play WIU.
                        I'm bringing Watertown Arrows purple...that'll be close enough. And, I have a USD red sweatshirt and cap (they're very nice, I might add) that I am bringing just in case USD squares off against NDSU.

Comment

TV tweeting that season-pass tickets for the 2014 Summit League Tourney go on sale March 8, the day BEFORE this year's tourney starts! I suppose that's due to the fact that when tickets went on sale last year, there was a minor mob scene in the ticket/lobby area of the Arena.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            I'm bringing Watertown Arrows purple...that'll be close enough. And, I have a USD red sweatshirt and cap (they're very nice, I might add) that I am bringing just in case USD squares off against NDSU.
                            I only wear blue or yellow. I will be buying my all-session passes on Friday, March 8th either in person or more likely by calling.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I want to buy tickets for the 2nd round and championship round for men. Would that be the Monday 6:00 session and Tuesday 8:00? Thanks for the help.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                              X