Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit Tourney Record Crowds ?

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    I want to buy tickets for the 2nd round and championship round for men. Would that be the Monday 6:00 session and Tuesday 8:00? Thanks for the help.
    Those are the ones.

I guess I'll have to try going the phone route on Friday the 8th. Even though I don't know how good the SDSU men will be next year I would not be surprised to see them have a shot to (at least) make it to the second round. The women's team looks like it should be at least as good as this year's. That tournament is a fun event. It's worth getting tickets as early as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      I only wear blue or yellow.
      Yeah, I was kidding. I pack only blue and yellow stuff...can get dressed in complete darkness and still match everything.

Comment

I only wear blue or yellow. I will be buying my all-session passes on Friday, March 8th either in person or more likely by calling.
        That would be the sensible thing to do except the yotes are in the mix this year and purple may be appropriate attire for that first game to let the yotes know that there is no support and to let Coach Mo know that we appreciate his team and effort.
        Last edited by OldHare; 02-18-2013, 01:04 PM.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          That would be the sensible thing to do except the yotes are in the mix this year and purple may be appropriate attire for that first game to let the yotes know that there is no support and to let Coach Mo know that we appreciate his team and effort. The yote team will not even notice no one is cheering for them.
          The Yote fans will notice, however.

And by the way, for general consumption: Not A Smack Thread.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            Those are the ones.

I guess I'll have to try going the phone route on Friday the 8th. Even though I don't know how good the SDSU men will be next year I would not be surprised to see them have a shot to (at least) make it to the second round. The women's team looks like it should be at least as good as this year's. That tournament is a fun event. It's worth getting tickets as early as possible.
            Thanks for the help. Tickets purchased for the Monday and Tuesday night sessions. Hopefully it's worth the $60. ($34 in tickets and $26 in fees. Get ****ed Ticket Master. [It's acceptable to smack TM, correct Filbert?])
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

It's acceptable to smack TM, correct Filbert?
              Let's look at the style manual . . .

Hm. Says here that smacking Ticketmaster is mandatory, in any thread where their name comes up. Just don't say their name three times in a row, because they may appear in a cloud of smoke and a flash of light, and steal your wallet away as a "handling fee."

Carry on.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Thanks for the help. Tickets purchased for the Monday and Tuesday night sessions. Hopefully it's worth the $60. ($34 in tickets and $26 in fees. Get ****ed Ticket Master. [It's acceptable to smack TM, correct Filbert?])
                TM is brutal, just brutal. Based on principal I am inclined to miss work to drive to SF and purchase tickets in person to avoid the ridiculous fees. Which, makes no sense based on the income lost by missing work and purchasing gas. I hate ****ing TM.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by BKXD View Post
                  Wouldn't USD vs WIU be an interesting match-up? I'm wondering if WIU would have more fans in the building cheering for them (perhaps even some SDSU fans...)?
                  More like Augie students dressed as WIU fans.

Comment

TM is brutal, just brutal. Based on principal I am inclined to miss work to drive to SF and purchase tickets in person to avoid the ridiculous fees. Which, makes no sense based on the income lost by missing work and purchasing gas. I hate ****ing TM.
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ticketmaster#Service_fees

Ticketmaster does not receive any of the advertised ticket price when a ticket is sold. Instead, income is derived from service fees.
                    Granted, its wikipedia, but if you like the convenience of buying by phone/internet over missing work and paying for gas, the company providing that service needs to make a profit somehow... Venues like the Sioux Falls Arena won't/don't give a portion of the ticket price, not sure what the alternative is to charging fees...
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Any idea what the TM fee on four all-session passes would be?

Comment

Is there a limit that one purchase can make?
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          Granted, its wikipedia, but if you like the convenience of buying by phone/internet over missing work and paying for gas, the company providing that service needs to make a profit somehow... Venues like the Sioux Falls Arena won't/don't give a portion of the ticket price, not sure what the alternative is to charging fees...
                          How about venues like the Sioux Falls Arena handling ALL sale like, for example, the SDSU ticket office or the NDSU ticket office? I think I'm charged a handling fee of $2.00 per ticket for online or over the phone purchases. I dislike Ticketmaster like filbert dislikes IPFW.

Comment

Any show or game I have bought tickets to for years I always buy at eithe ticketmaster box office and never online. We go to a lot of shows at the pavillion in sioux falls and will always go in person to avoid the extra fees. Went to westside stories the other week and it was over 30 saved getting tivkets in person.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Had President's day off...had some errands to run in SF so got to the Arena at 10:05 and there was a line 20 deep. But went fast and had good conversation with other Rabbit fans. Got single tickets for both sessions Monday and Tuesday(secN row24) and it looks like I saved a bit of $$ for myself. Would've I taken the day off and driven down just for that...no...but I would've had someone get them for me before I pay the sur-charge to TM.
                              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I wonder why the Arena uses TM, just seems they could get their own program and charge a small fee and make the money themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X