• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zooropa
    replied
    Re: UMKC to the WAC?

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    Weren't they the school that announced they were going to add baseball and then a year later decide against it?
    Yes! Exactly!!

They see a weak conference, meaning a better chance of making the tournament. What they don't see is a much higher travel budget, leaving them with considerably less money in the basketball budget to spend on, you know, basketball.

Leave a comment:

• FargoBison
    replied

the radio interview or whatever didn't have much credibility within it. Whether it was the WAC being a large step up, or the Dakota Schools having a ton of money. It could happen, I don't know. I don't know anyone in the AD's office. I'd guess that if the MVC had been on campus that something would have leaked but that is just a guess. Seems Brookings is too small for something that is perceived to be a done deal not to become public.

I'd rather the XDSU's be big fish in a small pond and try to make the Summit a better conference and build it around them, however the MVC (depending on what happens to them), does appear quite attractive.
    Most MVC schools have been on our campuses multiple times. Indiana State's president came and looked at our facilities a few years ago and left very impressed.

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
    Because they don't have a very good administration.

I mean it's obvious that their administration is incapable of fielding a quality product except by accident, so why would anyone assume that a decision of this magnitude was made using the proper criteria?

In short, what have they done to deserve the assumption of competence and intelligence in their decision making?
    Weren't they the school that announced they were going to add baseball and then a year later decide against it?

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
    What happens next? The MVC invites Belmont.

And these idiots on the radio that think the WAC is more stable, that think that 'nobody knows who the hell North Dakota State, South Dakota State, Western Illinois is', but who think that a conference that just added GRAND CANYON is a better destination aren't worth any more of my time, and their theories are worth no more than the flawed assumptions on which they're built.

Good grief. UMKC stinks. They stink, stink, stink. They have zero fan support, zero commitment from the administration, and they can't even figure out where they're going to play their basketball games, and somehow they know MORE about conference realignment than Denver?

Occam's razor: UMKC either left for the WAC because they're not even remotely competitive in the Summit and because the WAC is incredibly desperate to maintain their autobid, or because they have inside information provided by the Trilateral Commission and/or the Illuminati about a pending dissolution of the Summit due to simultaneous raids by the Horizon and the MVC.

Gee. Tough decision. I guess I'll go with the theory that flatters my taste in college athletics, instead of the common sense explanation.
    I delight in your certitude, sir.

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

the radio interview or whatever didn't have much credibility within it. Whether it was the WAC being a large step up, or the Dakota Schools having a ton of money. It could happen, I don't know. I don't know anyone in the AD's office. I'd guess that if the MVC had been on campus that something would have leaked but that is just a guess. Seems Brookings is too small for something that is perceived to be a done deal not to become public.

I'd rather the XDSU's be big fish in a small pond and try to make the Summit a better conference and build it around them, however the MVC (depending on what happens to them), does appear quite attractive.

Leave a comment:

• zooropa
    replied

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    why would the admin make such a huge move? See, I don't know either. Stay tuned, I guess.
    Because they don't have a very good administration.

I mean it's obvious that their administration is incapable of fielding a quality product except by accident, so why would anyone assume that a decision of this magnitude was made using the proper criteria?

In short, what have they done to deserve the assumption of competence and intelligence in their decision making?

Leave a comment:

• FargoBison
    replied

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    Yeah, I read that article. Okay, if it's just speculation that this is happening then why would UMKC make such a drastic move? How long have they been in the Summit? You go from having a lower travel budget due to teams being a bus ride away to now flying everywhere from Bakersfield, CA to Chicago. If it is really just speculation that the XDSU's and Oakland are leaving, then why would the admin make such a huge move? See, I don't know either. Stay tuned, I guess.
    I think Oakland is as good as gone. The A10 is going to be raided no matter what and Detroit is a likely addition which means the Golden Grizzlies are no longer being blocked from the Horizon.

Leave a comment:

• zooropa
    replied

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I'll take a straight trade of UMKC for Denver, and the Summit League going on its merry way for the foreseeable future.

But yet . . . Creighton is possibly (probably?) going to go to the Catholic Conference. What happens then?

Stay tuned for the next thrilling episode of As The Conferences Churn.
    What happens next? The MVC invites Belmont.

And these idiots on the radio that think the WAC is more stable, that think that 'nobody knows who the hell North Dakota State, South Dakota State, Western Illinois is', but who think that a conference that just added GRAND CANYON is a better destination aren't worth any more of my time, and their theories are worth no more than the flawed assumptions on which they're built.

Good grief. UMKC stinks. They stink, stink, stink. They have zero fan support, zero commitment from the administration, and they can't even figure out where they're going to play their basketball games, and somehow they know MORE about conference realignment than Denver?

Occam's razor: UMKC either left for the WAC because they're not even remotely competitive in the Summit and because the WAC is incredibly desperate to maintain their autobid, or because they have inside information provided by the Trilateral Commission and/or the Illuminati about a pending dissolution of the Summit due to simultaneous raids by the Horizon and the MVC.

Gee. Tough decision. I guess I'll go with the theory that flatters my taste in college athletics, instead of the common sense explanation.

Leave a comment:

• YanktonJack7
    replied

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
    There was an article in the Omaha paper that also mentioned NDSU and SDSU a while back as being candidates if Creighton bolts.

The only future the Summit has was the Dakota core, if that goes the league collapses.
    Yeah, I read that article. Okay, if it's just speculation that this is happening then why would UMKC make such a drastic move? How long have they been in the Summit? You go from having a lower travel budget due to teams being a bus ride away to now flying everywhere from Bakersfield, CA to Chicago. If it is really just speculation that the XDSU's and Oakland are leaving, then why would the admin make such a huge move? See, I don't know either. Stay tuned, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Would be funny if SDSU/NDSU bolted and USD was left behind. I'd giggle.
    Huh....forgot about them. They'd probably go Big Sky I would assume.

Leave a comment:

• Evolution Prime
    replied

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
    The only future the Summit has was the Dakota core, if that goes the league collapses.
    Unfortunately that is true. USD, UNO, IPFW, and IUPUI would lose out big time. Denver could just cancel their subscription to the Summit and still have a conference. WAC could take USD and Omaha. MVC if they are lucky and interested in expanding. IPFW and IUPUI would probably look east.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Again I don't know anything, but I could make this argument for why they went.

Summit League wants to add many teams, (UND, UNC, Mankato, St. Cloud, E. Illinois, UW-Mil, UW-GB, etc.), push it to the 12-14 range. Well UMKC doesn't expect to be competing anytime soon, and the Summit League is a 1 bid conference, so UMKC is splitting the shares 1/12-1/14 or something like that. They can go to the WAC, compete better, and split the share with fewer schools.

I'm listening to the radio interview, and they claim the WAC is a way better conference, and that there are no good teams in the Summit League.
    The link Ihad earlier to 810 radio did not even have their information straight. They failed to mention that next year was only 7 teams in basketball with one of those a transition Grand Canyon. The media was not too sharp-much like UMKC thinking that this is a move forward. More money to split is not even close to enough for them to build their current program that cannot bring enough crowd to take the echo out of their gym.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

I guess UMKC just really, REALLY didn't like having their women's basketball fans being out-shouted by maybe a dozen Jackrabbit fans last weekend.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

I'd more than giggle

In a post in the men's basketball thread, I posted about the local sportcaster here saying Montana State was playing future Big Sky foe USD in the bracketbusters. Goon joked that maybe he knew something we didn't.......

Leave a comment:

• FargoBison
    replied

A lot of Yotes could live out the Big Sky fantasies that they had.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X