Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mirror Scheduling

Originally posted by goon View Post
    it was friday? I thought they were a day inbetween but your memory is probably better then mine. For a few years when we played USD for the last time before the move my friends and I would get all body painted up and run like crazy to get the best seats in the front row hoping to be there before Slosho. I do wish I could make more games though. I think Oakland is going to be a challenge for sure but I think Nagy is going to finally have the team realize how important it is to play 40 minutes. Gotta protect the home court.
    Yup...it was Fri/Sat. 10 teams in the NCC back in the day. 18 total conference games. 8 Fri/Sat's for 16 of the games. The other 2 conference games were with our travel partner Augie, hence those were single game weekends. Definitely fun times!
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      it was friday? I thought they were a day inbetween but your memory is probably better then mine. For a few years when we played USD for the last time before the move my friends and I would get all body painted up and run like crazy to get the best seats in the front row hoping to be there before Slosho. I do wish I could make more games though. I think Oakland is going to be a challenge for sure but I think Nagy is going to finally have the team realize how important it is to play 40 minutes. Gotta protect the home court.
      As others have posted, games were Friday/Saturday. It appears the DII Northern Sun still utilizes this format.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

With all this love for the past, maybe we should go back to D2 and join the Northern Sun. I betcha Butch Raymond would welcome us with open arms.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          With all this love for the past, maybe we should go back to D2 and join the Northern Sun. I betcha Butch Raymond would welcome us with open arms.
          Not liking mirror scheduling = D2. Got it. Good post.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
            Yup...Fri/Sat games actually. Women played at 6, Men at 8. Our entire family and extended family would come up on 'home' weekends and reserve about 4 rooms at the Staurolite. It was definitely a blast. Travel partners were SDSU/Augie, USD/Morningside, St. Cloud St./Mankato St., NDSU/UND, UNO/Northern Colorado.
            The good old days. Women opening up for the men. Gas was under a buck a gallon. Case of Old Mill Light was $6.99 and a 32 ounce mug of beer was 75 cents. I loved it.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/pos...#disqus_thread

Comment

hate mirror scheduling. except for the band and cheerleaders there had to have been maybe 20 students and maybe (looked at it) 450 total attendance. but they were loud at the OU Jacks game last night. at least nine Jacks fans.

Comment

Working...
                X