Sayler leaving USD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sayler leaving USD.

I wouldn't want to be an assistant anything,they alway's get passed over,never get a promotion and chance to show they are capable to handle the job.It's a thankless job.Just my opinion.I might be feeling a little negative today,though.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Herbster really wants the job but I'm not sure he is going to get it. On the other hand, how do you entice someone in a similar position to leave for Vermillion? Why hire an associate AD from a DI program when you have Herbster already on staff? The position will be offered, applicants will be reviewed and Herbster will be one of the most likely to fill the position.

I recall discussion about this very thing earlier this year on this forum. I think joeboo is the one that called him a short timer. I think this was more of an opportunity in timing then anything else. Sayler is jumping from a sinking ship instead he is taking advantage of an opportunity that he could not pass up.
      No question, Herbster really wants the job, but if I were Abbott, which I am not, I would test the open market and see who is out there. Sayler might not have been the best choice for USD. Seems like there are hungry people who love a challenge such as that found at USD, making a good program into a better one. Just saying. If Herbster is the choice, then so be it.

Comment

It was pretty obvious from the start that Sayler wasn't going to stay around very long. He has a family but never visted Vermillion in advance. He accepted the USD job as a promotion from his position at Rice. He deserves credit for getting USD into the Summit and Missouri Valley. Beyond that, I don't think he did anything that some other AD couldn't have done. Anyone could have advanced facilities plans that were already in place. Anyone could have hired new football and women's BB coaches. USD still has a fair amount of money to raise for facilities and its new coaches haven't proven anything yet. Sayler left before much could go wrong.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          It was pretty obvious from the start that Sayler wasn't going to stay around very long. He has a family but never visted Vermillion in advance. He accepted the USD job as a promotion from his position at Rice. He deserves credit for getting USD into the Summit and Missouri Valley. Beyond that, I don't think he did anything that some other AD couldn't have done. Anyone could have advanced facilities plans that were already in place. Anyone could have hired new football and women's BB coaches. USD still has a fair amount of money to raise for facilities and its new coaches haven't proven anything yet. Sayler left before much could go wrong.
          All things considered how bad the football team did might make is time here and the hire loook really bad if they keep struggling or could get much better if they turn things around.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
          X