Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ryun Williams leaving USD

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    I don't think Lavin was against coaching in D-I, I think he was against coaching at USD if USD was D-I. I think he thought USD had something going at the D-II level and I'm sure he didn't want the headache of transition. I'm surprised he hadn't showed up somewhere else, was he still coaching junior high bball at Vermillion?
    He was doing a lot of individual sessions/instruction and I think coaching some organized team ball. I think he was playing amateur baseball up until last year as well. He and Ryun were on the same staff in the past and worked well together.

Its pretty simple, great opportunity for a good coach in a location that he is familiar with and where he still has family ties. He will likely make 3X the money and he knows there are very few other variables. He had to take this job.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Looks like a nice opportunity. Also, having USD's coach and former coach both moving to a larger school indicates good things about the program.

I heard rumor that an Asst. Coach will be going along to CSU. Any validity to that?
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
        Looks like a nice opportunity. Also, having USD's coach and former coach both moving to a larger school indicates good things about the program.

I heard rumor that an Asst. Coach will be going along to CSU. Any validity to that?
        other than the USD fan board, they are saying Mandy Kobal is going with to CSU with Ryun Williams. I doubt she feels comfortable stepping in Williams shoes. Seems like yesterday we were cursing her for transferring to USD. I suspect she would get a bump in pay as well in following the boss to CSU.

Comment

Base salary $150K with bonuses possible.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Just gestimating here, but I would think Mandy and Chad might be making 80 to 90k as assistants, much more than they would get at USD.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              Base salary $150K with bonuses possible.
              Per the following link http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20120521/SPORTS/305210021 in addition to a base salary of $150,000 Williams will receive an annual bonus of $37,500 for meeting meeting the NCAA's expected graduation rates and not committing any major rules infractions and an additional $25,000 apiece for winning 20 games or a conference title, up to a maximum of $62,500 for advancing to the NCAA Tournament. There's an additional $50,000 bonus available, should his team reach the Sweet 16.

USD Fan

Comment

Those $ figures should make it very clear why SDSU needs to continue to strive for increased revenue (e.g., moving the student seating in Frost in order to sell more season tickets). We are headed down the right path but the road is long.

Comment

Working...
                X