Nimrod Hilliard IV leaves USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nimrod Hilliard IV leaves USD

Probably realistic YFE (and I assume that is what you wanted to be). It may take awhile. Just making the transition to a point where you can play in the tournament, doesn't mean the end of a tough road. Will be an interesting year for USD and UNO next year.

Comment

I think USD will miss some great marketing opportunities with a guy named Nimrod.

Comment

Its hard for me to say Nimrod was horrible or that it will be addition by subtraction for USD.

I don't know if I have ever seen a player handled as poorly as Nimrod was, first he was going to redshirt, then they pulled the redshirt, he played solid minutes for like 1 or 2 games and then pretty much rode the bench the rest of the year. He seemed to be a pretty solid recruit coming out of high school. It just seemed like him and Boots didn't get along.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          Its hard for me to say Nimrod was horrible or that it will be addition by subtraction for USD.

I don't know if I have ever seen a player handled as poorly as Nimrod was, first he was going to redshirt, then they pulled the redshirt, he played solid minutes for like 1 or 2 games and then pretty much rode the bench the rest of the year. He seemed to be a pretty solid recruit coming out of high school. It just seemed like him and Boots didn't get along.
          This often happens. You might be on to something here.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post

I respect Boots enough as a coach to believe that if he thought a kid could play, he would play. Sure, Nimrod may have developed down the road, but at 6' 1" 155 lbs he has some serious physical limitations to being an effective D1 point guard. This frees up a scholly for them, and we certainly can relate. I can name several players we've had in the last few years that were maybe gonna redshirt, then played some at the beginning of the year, and then rode the bench. I don't necessarily think that means the player was handled poorly...
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

He also had a terrible jump shot. I've never seen a D1 guard shoot like that.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

This thread is now on the third page and I echo JackJD comment that USD missed some marketing opportunities with the name Nimrod. I trying my best to recall what cartoon strip uses the name Nimrod for something. Help me out here.

Comment

Marvell comics

You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                    I respect Boots enough as a coach to believe that if he thought a kid could play, he would play. Sure, Nimrod may have developed down the road, but at 6' 1" 155 lbs he has some serious physical limitations to being an effective D1 point guard. This frees up a scholly for them, and we certainly can relate. I can name several players we've had in the last few years that were maybe gonna redshirt, then played some at the beginning of the year, and then rode the bench. I don't necessarily think that means the player was handled poorly...
                    Louie was 6'0 180? I don't think size is everything. It just seemed to me like there was more behind the scenes going on with his playing time then talent. I don't think he was any worse then Jordan Boots, yet he seemed to get a ton of playing time. I don't know if he was talented or not, it just seemed like how he was treated wasn't great. But maybe I am totally wrong on the issue, I really don't know

Comment

Might have been said but this is the best name in ll of sports
                      BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                        Marvell comics

Thanks

Comment

There's only one Nimrod(for those of us music people):

Comment

http://www.wissports.net/article.asp...1261&sportID=1

Had a great senior season in high school.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                            X