USD Women in the WNIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD Women in the WNIT

USD women are in the WNIT...first-round opponent to be announced at 11:00 p.m.

Link to Argus Leader article:
    http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...nal-Tournament

More good press for the state.

ORU women were an auto qualifier for the WNIT.

Re: USD Women in the WNIT

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    USD women are in the WNIT...first-round opponent to be announced at 11:00 p.m.

Link to Argus Leader article:
    http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...nal-Tournament

More good press for the state.

ORU women were an auto qualifier for the WNIT.
    If ORU plays like they did in Sioux Falls,it wouldn't surprise me if the Yotes advance further in the tournament.

Comment

Good luck to the Coyotes in their WNIT play.
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        If ORU plays like they did in Sioux Falls,it wouldn't surprise me if the Yotes advance further in the tournament.
        No kidding. I think both sdsu and usd showed you can play great defense and not run a full court press with a short bench to use. I don't get it why stinkwhiner would run a press and trap all the time. I honestly think oru just runs out of gas by the time they get to sioux falls after a long season.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I believe i saw somewhere that Drake will be their first opponent in the WNIT.Two teams with a short bench,and who are playing well.Should be a good game.

Comment

Milbank's Amber Wollschlager(sp) is a starting senior for the Drale Bulldogs. Go Drake.

Comment

Great news about South Dakota athletes get chances for post-season play.

USD is hosting Drake in the WNIT. USD had about a 89 RPI, and ORU was about 120 RPI. USD seemed to be a tougher team than ORU for the WBB. Glad that the transitional star, Hegge, gets a chance to the highest stage possible to close out her career.

Good luck Yotes! Hope you get good attendence for the game!

Comment

UMKC is also in the WNIT. They play at Mo. State on Thursday. Go Roos!

Comment

Don't quote me on this - but I'm very happy for USD in this announcement and I wish them the best. I believe it is a very winnable game for them and will be a nice way to send off Hegge. So.....go.....605!!!!

Comment

I still say playing in the WNIT was great for our program during transition. I hope it does similar things for USD. Our conference is only getting stronger and that is a good thing. I hate losing ORU. But if USD UMKC IPFW etall keep improving there is going to be great bball for years to come on the women's side. National respect will come with it.

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                      Don't quote me on this - but I'm very happy for USD in this announcement and I wish them the best. I believe it is a very winnable game for them and will be a nice way to send off Hegge. So.....go.....605!!!!
                      I am concerned about attendance for USD. I doubt they top 2000. I hope I am wrong, but I know we as SDSU fans had frost packed those years.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                        I still say playing in the WNIT was great for our program during transition. I hope it does similar things for USD. Our conference is only getting stronger and that is a good thing. I hate losing ORU. But if USD UMKC IPFW etall keep improving there is going to be great bball for years to come on the women's side. National respect will come with it.
                        Are we in each other's head today? I was thinking has anyone crunched the numbers at the University on which has actually made SDSU money. Sell said himself that they break even on the women's tourney. I have to think during the WNIT that State actually made money. Before you all go ballistic, yes, I think the women's tourney is more important and does great things, but so does more coin in the coffers......
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          I am concerned about attendance for USD. I doubt they top 2000. I hope I am wrong, but I know we as SDSU fans had frost packed those years.
                          I'll be really disappointed if the crowd is that small. I hope the Coyote fans are ready to load up the bandwagon -- the WNIT appearance is a chance to make some more noise for the state.

Comment

I hope to see a good crowd on Thursday as well, but I have my doubts. The SD boys state tourneys are starting, and at least 1 Yote fan admitted that he will be at a Jacks watch party with some of his SDSU friends and won't make it either. Between the men's NCAA's and the state tourney, I think it is going to be hard to crack 2k.

Comment

Originally posted by yotefan90 View Post
                              I hope to see a good crowd on Thursday as well, but I have my doubts. The SD boys state tourneys are starting, and at least 1 Yote fan admitted that he will be at a Jacks watch party with some of his SDSU friends and won't make it either. Between the men's NCAA's and the state tourney, I think it is going to be hard to crack 2k.
                              It sure doesnt help. Which is to bad. the USD womens team deserves a nice showing. Heck of a lot more then the mens team IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X