Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League Tickets

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    Excuse me Reserved 1st Row. I stand corrected Nope, I turned the 1ST ROW tickets down, so far, I can get them still if someone else hasn't swooped them up. One of the big bosses has them, but I could only have two, and a bunch of friends are going. So I'd rather sit with them and took the free GAs.
    I will try to be more exact in the future. Thank you for helping me realize my lapse of clarity.
    Lapses of clarity are intolerable on this board.

But we'll tolerate them for now.

Hope that's clear.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      Lapses of clarity are intolerable on this board.

But we'll tolerate them for now.

Hope that's clear.
      This is clearly intolerable.......

Anywho....I think dad and I will be getting tickets again asap, We kind of like were we are, section D maybe half way up. We might have to get more tickets next year though because my wife if a USD grad so she might want to go to their games......even though she doesnt follow them, but I guess since we take our son to all SDSU football games and several basketball games, I suppose I could let them come along when USD plays......maybe.....as long as our son still wears SDSU clothes. Thankfully my parents are better at buying him SDSU clothes then my inlaws do buying USD stuff.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        So, I will approach the window on Saturday and ask if I may select my seats and buy tickets for next year. If they say no I will walk away, take out my cell phone call the box office and ask if I can select my seats and purchase tickets for next year. That worked very well last year.
        I just called the ticket office. They said they will only be selling "best available" 2013 tickets for the first 4 or 5 hours on Saturday. After that, a person will supposedly be able to pick their seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          I just called the ticket office. They said they will only be selling "best available" 2013 tickets for the first 4 or 5 hours on Saturday. After that, a person will supposedly be able to pick their seats.
          Bastards!! Their excuse last year, and I am assuming this year, is that it takes too long for people to request certain seats. That again is bull**** my friends. I doubt its as much a problem for smaller orders but I'm ordering 15-20 per year. Solution might be to reduce the number I order and split our group up. I don't really want to do that. I like the seats we've been getting with the exception that they are near the band and when the band is OU or ORU they are damn loud!! Hurts my freaking ears.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I was reading the article about the Summit League tourney on the Argus Leader and TV said that Sioux Falls has had the top three attendance records and corporate sponsorships since the tournament moved to Sioux Falls. Is it possible for the Summit League to keep it in Sioux Falls past 2014? One thing going for Sioux Falls getting the bid again is there are 4 schools near Sioux Falls and the attendance reflects that. Sioux Falls not only has fans but it is also big enough to accomodate a tournament as large as the Summit League tournament. I sure hope it stays in Sioux Falls esp. since the Jacks are much improved from the last few years.
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

The line is 25 deep for next years tickets.

Comment

I went down and bought 4 tickets at 12:40 today. They told me all the "lower level" tickets were already gone and I ended up with seats that are actually worse than this year's (bought in December)! Big demand already. Should be fun next year.

Comment

I went down at halftime of our game and got my tickets for next year. Im in row 7 this year, next year row 13. And that isnt that bad. This is the first time i didnt buy them online.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                    I went down and bought 4 tickets at 12:40 today. They told me all the "lower level" tickets were already gone and I ended up with seats that are actually worse than this year's (bought in December)! Big demand already. Should be fun next year.
                    We had the same experience - have to wonder if they are holding a large block for USD. Also,this has nothing to do with tickets,but is anyone else disappointed that the hanging scoreboard over the floor is no longer there ? It's a pain to have to look at the boards on the ends to get the score.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      We had the same experience - have to wonder if they are holding a large block for USD. Also,this has nothing to do with tickets,but is anyone else disappointed that the hanging scoreboard over the floor is no longer there ? It's a pain to have to look at the boards on the ends to get the score.
                      I wondered that also, but have my doubts after seeing TV's photo post (showing that people were lined up at 10AM: http://twitpic.com/8ri4nt). There were a mob of people lined up when I went into the arena at 11:30. I was still able to get seats in row 8 (upper) above the freethrow line an hour later. The best mid-court option (4 seats) was up in row 18, and there were a lot of people in line behind me.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        Yeah we are not impressed with the score board. They hardly showed the stats and there is nothing directly across from showing the score.

When mom went to get our tickets for next year she got just a row or 2 higher then this yeah but kept on the isle in section D. She asked specifically if it was sdsu or usd fans in that area and was told sdsu.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

I think the biggest portion of the lower mid-court seats are being blocked off for corporate sponsors, not USD. I'd guess the vermillion and cream crowd is grumbling every bit as much as we are about how they're handling the 2013 tournament ticket sales.

The simple fact is that the venue is vastly too small now for the event it's trying to host.

I'd anticipate that as people start figuring things out, a lively "secondary market" in Summit League tournament tickets will get going on places like StubHub.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Tickets are one thing but parking at the arena is just plain awful. I guess this is a good example of why you don't want an event center connected to a convention center having their biggest events at the same time. Apparently people with suv and pickups are not required to follow along with everyone else and park inside the lines. By the baseball staduim I counted 2 vehicles taking up 5 spots. Simpling amazing people are so inconsiderate.

But this proves why we need a new event center. Waiting inline for consessions at half time of the womens game....went right at half time. The whole halftime didn't even get a sniff of getting anything. With 2 minutes left we went back so we didn't miss the second half lines hardly moved.

One last thing. Who ever from sdsu media or advertising who got all sdsu stuff for the bathroom ads above the urnial did a great job. That's a little touch but having ads anywhere people look was a smart move I think. Hope its that way for next year also.

Comment

True dat, Filbert. Neiman said the attandance during the SDSU game was a Summit League record at 6000+. A game with SDSU in the championship will have spectators hanging from the rafters. The new Events Center is at least a year late.
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

6614 was the official attendance for the SDSU game.

Comment

Working...
                                X