Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD Women 60, ORU 57

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    NCAA scoring record is 3,393 pts. by Jackie Stiles ,Misouri State .At Kevi's current pace ,I don't think it's in jeopardy,but Kevi none the less,will be right on up there.She will end up as the top scorer in ORU school history for a long , long, time.They should only hope they could recruit another player who could actually break that record.
    Say she has roughly 40 games left. She would have to average 33 pts. a game. Last year and so far this year she averaging around 23.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
      Say she has roughly 40 games left. She would have to average 33 pts. a game. Last year and so far this year she averaging around 23.
      They do play in an easier confrence next year so that might help.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
        This X1000. I've thought for the last couple of years that their style of play does not translate well in March. I would not be shocked to see them get knocked off on Tournament Monday again this year.
        The funny thing about Finkbeiner switching to this style of play is that his best teams were physical, grind it out type teams that finished middle of the pack. They would peak late and then wear teams down to win 3 games in 3 days. Before the Dakotas joined, the battles between WIU, Valpo, and ORU were epic. One year an ORU player knocked out a tooth of WIU's all everything post player Zane Teilane.

I'm not sure why he decided to change his style so drastically after signing Luper and Bigham. It has not worked out well in getting to the NCAA tournament. If you are going to try and play Nolan Richardson's "40 minutes of hell", you better have a bunch of players that can fill it up and you better have the best athletes on the court.

After the USD loss, Jerry said that maybe now that ORU is not going to win the regular season title perhaps some pressure will be off and they can focus on getting better and peaking come conference tournament time. He also said he felt that USD was a very good addition to the league and that he felt bad for their seniors that they were not eligible for the conference tournament this year because with their style of play they could do damage.

Comment

Overrated or not, we still lost to them.....
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
            Overrated or not, we still lost to them.....
            We've never lost to them when it counts though
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
              We've never lost to them when it counts though
              Only played them once for all the Summit marbles though, in Kevi's Frosh year.

Thank you OU for knocking them out last year.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                Only played them once for all the Summit marbles though, in Kevi's Frosh year.

Thank you OU for knocking them out last year.
                3 years ago we played them in the 1st round and kerblastificated them (pre Luper) so technically we've beaten them twice when it counts...
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

well Monday night counts

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                    well Monday night counts
                    It would be a good thing if the defensive Rabbits show up, and the patient, half-court offense is hitting well. Would like to send Kevi & Co. out of SD with a L in the regular season, and keep SDSU's home league win streak growing.

Comment

Taking care of the ball is how you beat ORU.

ORU's defense is predicated on points-off-turnovers, and when they get these turnovers, both their offense and defense look better than they actually are.

There are easy buckets to be had if SDSU's offense stays poised and doesn't telegraph their passes, but the Jacks have struggled with this at times this year and especially over the last couple of years. Keep ORU in their halfcourt offense, which is nothing to write home about, and the Jacks win.
                      Last edited by Kemo; 02-02-2012, 05:02 PM.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

if the Jacks use the play to beat the press they used at Oakland there should be plenty of easy baskets.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

ORU's defense is predicated on points-off-turnovers, and when they get these turnovers, both their offense and defense look better than they actually are.

There are easy buckets to be had if SDSU's offense stays poised and doesn't telegraph their passes, but the Jacks have struggled with this at times this year and especially over the last couple of years. Keep ORU in their halfcourt offense, which nothing to write home about, and the Jacks win.
                          The little that I have seen ORU,it seems that Luper forces a lot of questionable shots if they have to run their half-court offense.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            The little that I have seen ORU,it seems that Luper forces a lot of questionable shots if they have to run their half-court offense.
                            against USD she was 8-25

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

There are easy buckets to be had if SDSU's offense stays poised and doesn't telegraph their passes, but the Jacks have struggled with this at times this year and especially over the last couple of years. Keep ORU in their halfcourt offense, which is nothing to write home about, and the Jacks win.

I agree with this completely,but one thing i've noticed about ORU is their determination and persistence at making their press work.Many teams break their press to begin with,but they keep with it until it finally starts to work.Once they've got a few steals,they get even more aggressive with it as the ref's give them more leeway.That's when they run off a big scoring spree and disrupt the opponents offensive flow to the game.I think we can expect them to come with the press in our next game ,and hopefully we will be prepared for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X