USD Women 60, ORU 57

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD Women 60, ORU 57

Big victory by the Coyotes at the Mabee Center, snapping ORU's 21-game home Summit-League win streak.

SIDE BENEFIT: ORU falls one more game behind the Jackrabbits in the regular-season title race. (Thank you, 'yotes!)

Here's the story on ORU's site: http://www.orugoldeneagles.com/ViewA...B_OEM_ID=17000

Re: USD Women 60, ORU 57

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Big victory by the Coyotes at the Mabee Center, snapping ORU's 21-game home Summit-League win streak.

SIDE BENEFIT: ORU falls one more game behind the Jackrabbits in the regular-season title race. (Thank you, 'yotes!)

Here's the story on ORU's site: http://www.orugoldeneagles.com/ViewA...B_OEM_ID=17000
    Wow, that is an impressive win for the 'Yotes. I think that the game in Vermillion could be very, very interesting.

Could this be the same type of situation that SDSU had during transition? A good women's team while the men struggle to find their identity?
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      Could this be the same type of situation that SDSU had during transition? A good women's team while the men struggle to find their identity?
      Except the men won't be as bad, and the women won't be as good.

Comment

Fantastic win by the yotes. Looks like ORU had no answer for Hegge.

I was amazed to read that Luper has 2079 points already, with what....7 or 8 games left in her Junior year.

That is just incredible to me.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

USD has a legit shot at third place in the Summit. And if the Jacks beat ORU,the Yotes would only be 1 game behind the Golden Eagles.

Comment

I'm not surprised. ORU is overrated, USD is largely ignored by those not in the immediate area. They have a very good team and made a wise choice having Amber redshirt when she did. I agree with zoo, the USD men will compete sooner than the SDSU men did and the USD women will not achieve the same success as the SDSU women, largely because the SDSU women will stand in their way.

Great win for the coyotes, Jacks need to go into the dome and beat them.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              I'm not surprised. ORU is overrated, USD is largely ignored by those not in the immediate area.
              Maybe ORU just laid an egg? Female Golden Eagles are known to do that from time to time
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

I was amazed to read that Luper has 2079 points already, with what....7 or 8 games left in her Junior year.

I'm not saying that 2079 points aren't impressive(they are) but she has thrown up 1628 shots. I don't know if Bingham being injured will give her more shots or not. You shoot 25+(a guess) shots a game, you should get 30+ points a game.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                  I'm not saying that 2079 points aren't impressive(they are) but she has thrown up 1628 shots. I don't know if Bingham being injured will give her more shots or not. You shoot 25+(a guess) shots a game, you should get 30+ points a game.
                  How hasn't she gotten tendinitis in her shooting elbow
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    I'm not surprised. ORU is overrated, USD is largely ignored by those not in the immediate area. They have a very good team and made a wise choice having Amber redshirt when she did. I agree with zoo, the USD men will compete sooner than the SDSU men did and the USD women will not achieve the same success as the SDSU women, largely because the SDSU women will stand in their way.

Great win for the coyotes, Jacks need to go into the dome and beat them.
                    I think ORU is a little overrated, too. Bingham just never got back to being healthy. A core of Luper, Bingham and Pyle would have made a much tougher team than what they are now. They still have 2 players that are all-conference so they are good but they could have been a top 25(?) team if they were all healthy. USD has a strong starting 5 and Hegge is a all conference player. I had USD 4th before the season started. I think next year, I might have them about the same spot. ORU is leaving but they wont be quite as good losing Hegge, Boss and Roache.
                    I don't know about the USD men. They were better than SDSU was in the 1st few years of transition but I think last year was a peak year for them. They will struggle the next couple years, too. They have Guris but other than him, I don't see a ton of talent on the team. They lose 2 of their top 3 after this year so next year they should be worse then they are this year. The year after that, they might come around. They wont have to play ORU the next couple years so that will help them. Take out ORU and add UNO. A nice trade in my book.

Comment

Luper(23.5ppg) is carrying the load this year for ORU, Bighams production is way, way down this year. She will have a big game at times but those times are few and far between. ORU is not the powerhouse they have been in the past and really struggle against teams that they shouldnt.( UMKC, IUPUI USD ). They had their Cinncinnati moment against Arkansas and got crushed like we did. They still have threats in Georgia Jones(9.2 ppg) and Pyle(13.5) but Luper is the main one. If the Jacks could get her in foul trouble which she rarely does 48 in 22 games which is what 2.1 fouls per game they could get rid of one threat, last game Luper 15pts. Jones 15pts Pyle 17pts.

Comment

USD was the better team no doubt about it. I agree that ORU has been over rated. The formula for beating ORU is easy -- face guard Luper and force her into bad shots and limit your turnovers. USD did this to perfection and played a slow down game that frustrated ORU. This ORU team is very soft and is lacking in chemistry. I'm not sure if they will figure things out come tournament time.

Comment

Originally posted by J.J. View Post
                          This ORU team is very soft and is lacking in chemistry. I'm not sure if they will figure things out come tournament time.
                          This X1000. I've thought for the last couple of years that their style of play does not translate well in March. I would not be shocked to see them get knocked off on Tournament Monday again this year.
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by J.J. View Post
                            USD was the better team no doubt about it. I agree that ORU has been over rated. The formula for beating ORU is easy -- face guard Luper and force her into bad shots and limit your turnovers. USD did this to perfection and played a slow down game that frustrated ORU. This ORU team is very soft and is lacking in chemistry. I'm not sure if they will figure things out come tournament time.
                            Exactly, opposing coaches know she is going to get her points, that is what she does, the key is to make her take more bad shots which will decrease offensive efficiency and disrupt ORU's flow.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

NCAA scoring record is 3,393 pts. by Jackie Stiles ,Misouri State .At Kevi's current pace ,I don't think it's in jeopardy,but Kevi none the less,will be right on up there.She will end up as the top scorer in ORU school history for a long , long, time.They should only hope they could recruit another player who could actually break that record.

Comment

Working...
                              X