Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dave Boots 1st losing season

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
    It just proves our point that USD needs SDSU because we are the only game that matters to most USD "fans". Many of your fans will now call your train wreck of a season a good one because of one game and that is kinda sad
    Agree that is is quite obvious that USD doesn't matter to SDSU fans. If it did, I am sure this thread on Coach Boots first losing season would be much longer than 9 pages. (Now 10 pages with my reply)
    USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
      Agree that is is quite obvious that USD doesn't matter to SDSU fans. If it did, I am sure this thread on Coach Boots first losing season would be much longer than 9 pages. (Now 10 pages with my reply)
      It does matter, but it is not the only game that matters to us.

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
        This thread ceased to be about Coach Boots some time ago. It now appears to be about various poster's exaggerated sensibilities, all the way around. Which is kind of a shame because for the most part Boots was getting well-earned respect from a rival school's fans until this turned into another di*k-length-comparing contest.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
          But Goon my friend, not good enough to beat USD in Vermillion. Sorry, but that is the fact of the matter, much to your dismay. I am not bragging about our BB team, but we did beat you, nd for some reson, you have yourself amongst the nations elite. I wish you well, but you are the kind of fan that is totally blinded.
          Like I said, your selling you self and school short by only caring about one win. thats what USD fans fail to understand. We could brag about how we beat USD big time in brookings, but we know its hard to have 18 year old kids play quality basketball every single game.

The only reason USD IMO has ever been good is because of Boots, when he leaves, it will be hard to get a good coach to come in with a small budget, horrible facility and only fan support for 1 game. Enjoy Boots while you have him because it will be a hard to stay competitve if the facility and fans mindset dont change. USD might make the summit tourny by default next year because IUPUI is loosing its best player to the NBA and not sure what IPFW will be like, so maybe you should be out in vermillion trying to build up fan support because you might actually have a chance to make the summit tourny.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

USD will make the Tourney. Next year the Summit League will be a 9 team conference with 8 teams making the tournament and UNO will not be eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
              USD will make the Tourney. Next year the Summit League will be a 9 team conference with 8 teams making the tournament and UNO will not be eligible.
              So my math isnt very good. So they make the tourney by defualt anyway.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Coach Boots is a darned good coach, that's all there is to it.

One of his strengths especially as a DII coach, was being able to get in those transers from DI schools. He's had quite a few. Shoot, just barely thinking... Steve Smith, Shane Murphy... transferred in from bigger schools.

With the move to DI, as mentioned earlier, those players have to sit out a year. Sounds like they have a PG who is currently doing so, but I think it will be harder to rely on that, when you have to sit a year, instead of walking in and playing.

It's all about the players. We've all seen it.

I am not saying he can't recruit, he obviously can. Just will require a slight change in methodology.

Comment

Working...
                X