Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dave Boots 1st losing season

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    Its also 4/5 starters and the sixth man being underclassmen. I don't judge USD on this year, because transition sucks, I judge USD on how they look coming out of transition. 3/5 starters- seniors They played 1 underclassmen this year any minutes, and he had probably a worse year this year then last. As has been already stated Boots has been very good at getting transfers both D-I and JuCo, the only problem with that is D-I transfers don't generally transfer to D-I schools, especially lower ones unless there is a reason, JuCo transfers are harder to get in as well because most people go JuCo because of grades and D-I is a whole different ball game then D-II when it comes to eligibility.I'm not saying that USD can't develop over the next 5 years. But also remember this, and I note this for SDSU and Nagy's growth. He got Horstman to commit as a freshman and White and Feigen to commit as sophomores. It allowed for people to grow with future recruits before they came to college, and also said hey look they already have some of the best underclassmen in the state locked up, somebody must believe in them.
    Transition does suck
    Last edited by yoteforever; 02-15-2012, 08:19 PM. Reason: Wrong post

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      What would be impressive is if USD would messure them self not by how the play SDSU, but by everyone. you guys are selling your self short if you only have that you can beat us as a highlight. In the big picture USD is doing about what most would expect. You say the summit league is harder now. But we could also say that the transition for USD was laid out a little bit more then it was for us. Nagy was a proven winner and through at the transition has proved he has learned, and rarely make the same mistakes. That shows because we havent lost back to back games during confrence play. Boots is a good coach, but I think USD will learn that if they dont improve recruiting, playing a zone against good shooters and good athletes, will prove hard to stick with Unless your 'Cuse. Nagy adjusted his offense and its change the last few years. Can USD adjust its defense to compete? Your first year in the summit is going to be used as a measuring stick. We were bad so really only had up to go, you guys beat us for your superbowl, now where do you go. You lose a lot next year, and 1 transfer and boots and nimrod are not going to really scare many people IMO. I will be impressed if USD wins more games next year then this year. IMO they win the same number of confrence games or change plus or minus 1 game. So with 4 wins right now, they finish with 3 or 5 etc. Also, think you guys were hot stuff but summit league is a long season, you over look others in the confrence when you just want to play SDSU, you will lose plenty that you could win, but atleast you played state to win by 2. Also, how did USD swim team do against SDSU, or the baseball or wrestling. Sorry if thats sounds like smack, but if you want to look at what you have done, your womens team is losing like 50 percent of its team next year, and only played 6 players against us. To win the summit league in 3 games in 3 or 4 days, having a 1 deep bench wont get it done. Your mens team would be lucky to qualify for the tourny even if it was eligble. And your right, USD is not very good but SDSU is as good as we think.
      Try something other than the "we led you through transition" or " we were first". Getting kinda old, like Obama blaming Bush. You hate the U and are blinded. Just a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
        But Goon my friend, not good enough to beat USD in Vermillion. Sorry, but that is the fact of the matter, much to your dismay. I am not bragging about our BB team, but we did beat you, nd for some reson, you have yourself amongst the nations elite. I wish you well, but you are the kind of fan that is totally blinded.
        It happens - ask #3 Missouri how they lost at 12 and 13 Okie State. I would take the Tigers 9 out of 10 times,just like I would take the Jacks over the Yotes.

Comment

USD beat us fair and square at the Dome. That's a fact. It's also a fact that Dave Boots knows how to coach. And it is a fact that we had some awful years in transition. USD will be competitive. To think otherwise is silly. SDSU will have to continue to step it up. It's good to have that kind of rival in-state to force you to keep getting better.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Fact, USD outplayed SDSU for the first 10 minutes of that game and managed to hold on to win. Fact, it was a fluke that it happened that way. Jacks win 14 out of 15, I've said it multiple times now.

Yoteforever has earned the right to ridicule SDSU but he understands that the losses matter much less to SDSU than the wins mean to USD. The victory for USD was unexpected and the definition of a fluke. You can reference irrelevant VB matches all you want, reality is there is no way the Jacks should have lost to USD. None of this means that USD won't be much improved in the near future. I expect that will happen. USD isn't at the level of SDSU right now and would not win on any regular basis. It isn't relevant but it is reality. Jackrabbits choked in Vermillion as much as the Bison choked in Brookings tonight.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              Fact, USD outplayed SDSU for the first 10 minutes of that game and managed to hold on to win.
              I'd say the first 10 minutes of each half.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I always felt that depth preception was a big problem going into the Dome. Maybe we will have better luck in their new arena. I dont get where YE thinks we have to beat them in the Dome. Its like we are now 0-28, because we lost to USD last week. I think SDSU is having a dandy season some ups and downs including one loss to USD in Vermillion.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  I'd say the first 10 minutes of each half.
                  Fair enough. Not my point. Sometimes something totally unexpected and very unlikely to happen again occurs. I think that is what happened in Vermillion last Thursday.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    I always felt that depth preception was a big problem going into the Dome. Maybe we will have better luck in their new arena. I dont get where YE thinks we have to beat them in the Dome. Its like we are now 0-28, because we lost to USD last week. I think SDSU is having a dandy season some ups and downs including one loss to USD in Vermillion.
                    I think depth perception is some but also just how it is. Certain buildings are hard for players to play in. The Dome is one of them. They use to play little kids tournaments in there and I remember my brother getting migraines from playing in there, many would feel dizzy, etc. I've heard people say similar things about the AA at the University of Wyoming, just something that takes time getting use to, and can have a dizzying affect on a player. Not saying its an excuse but I just think thats the way it is

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      Fair enough. Not my point. Sometimes something totally unexpected and very unlikely to happen again occurs. I think that is what happened in Vermillion last Thursday.
                      I agree. It's obvious we are the better team, but just not that day. Them's the breaks.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

One time during the transition we beat the fab four NDSU team with a tight end, two wide receivers, and a d-lineman. We were not a good team, and they were. Sometimes you get lucky and win a game. And sometimes you come out flat and lose. Don't over analyze it.
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Nidaros, what I am trying to say in a non-combative way is that you indeed are a very good basketball team, but no matter what anyone says, you aren't light years ahead. You without question have a very good team, and I have said so many many times (no BS flag Doc). My point is and always has been is that no matter what the record of the teams are going into the game, anything can happen. I wouldn't quite call it a fluke,but it's your board, so call it what you want. There are just so many USD haters on here that have the idea that SDSU is so much better in everything, and that isn't the way it is. If you were so good, then what happened in Vermillion shouldn't have, OR USD is a little better than some thought. Not good, just better, or better coached. I know if we play on a neutral court it isn't likely we'd win, but 1 out of 15? C'mon.Good Luck. Win the Summit tourney

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                            I agree. It's obvious we are the better team, but just not that day. Them's the breaks.
                            THIS

Comment

Hey YF

SDSU 21-7 - 13-3

USD 9-16 - 4-12 -Still in last place

USD @ SDSU - SDSU 86 - USD 56

SDSU @ USD - USD 72 - SDSU 68

We have a 14 game winning streak at home you lost to Caniaius -they are 4-22 on the year- at home. You have a bad basketball team, and it was a fluke and you even said it yourself that "no way SDSU should have come down to Vermillion and lost after the ass kicking you gave us in Brookings". You can thump your chest all you want over your one season making win, but it was just one win. It just proves our point that USD needs SDSU because we are the only game that matters to most USD "fans". Many of your fans will now call your train wreck of a season a good one because of one game and that is kinda sad

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                                Nidaros, what I am trying to say in a non-combative way is that you indeed are a very good basketball team, but no matter what anyone says, you aren't light years ahead. You without question have a very good team, and I have said so many many times (no BS flag Doc). My point is and always has been is that no matter what the record of the teams are going into the game, anything can happen. I wouldn't quite call it a fluke,but it's your board, so call it what you want. There are just so many USD haters on here that have the idea that SDSU is so much better in everything, and that isn't the way it is. If you were so good, then what happened in Vermillion shouldn't have, OR USD is a little better than some thought. Not good, just better, or better coached. I know if we play on a neutral court it isn't likely we'd win, but 1 out of 15? C'mon.Good Luck. Win the Summit tourney
                                If I knew a young person looking for a career in accounting, I would highly recommend USD, where you get the full ball wax and are prepared to sit for the CPA exam and possibly pass the first time around. I did not go that route and regret it very much, trying to piece meal an accounting study is a bunch of crap. Btw, about last Thursday, what happen was what I felt would happen after we laid a big bunch of points on the Yotes in Brookings. I do respect Coach Boots and his team, and he no doubt spent some time preparing his team for Thursday, and our coach apparently did not see this coming. Avoiding a shoot around? That part makes no sense, but I still think highly of Coach Nagy. Maybe he was busy preparing for the Bison. Who knows.

I agree some of us on this board take it too far. I dislike the Bison more than the Coyotes. Maybe it because they have had more success in beating the Jacks. Last night's game lifted my spirits.

Comment

Working...
                                X