Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dave Boots 1st losing season

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    According to his bio on the home page for USD, he would be about 55 years old. It does not give his DOB, but since he was a 1979 grad of Augsburg College and age 22, add 33 years to that and he is roughly 55 according to may caluclations. Young enough to continue on but at the age where doing something else lookings appealing.
    Thanks for the info. He's pretty young yet, for some reason i assumed he was older.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
      Thanks for the info. He's pretty young yet, for some reason i assumed he was older.
      cause hes been there forever and looks like he is 70

Comment

It is amazing how much better of a D1 coach Nagy became once he got recruits that matched the teams he was playing. I imagine the same conversation can be had if Boots sticks around at u. for a few more years.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Ok now it is official. Usd has locked up a losing season.

Comment

Does CF jump back off the bandwagon now?
            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

I been thinking. The USD win was much more important to USD, then the loss was to SDSU. One win like this puts hope in the USD Fandom. They needed this real bad.

Comment

I will say that USD has won more SL games than I expected them to win.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  I will say that USD has won more SL games than I expected them to win.
                  I thought at the beginning of the season that USD would be a middle-of-the-pack Summit League team. So in that respect I guess you could say that from my point of view they have underperformed my expectations. But then, I think the Summit top to bottom has turned out to be somewhat stronger and except at the very top (ORU and to a lesser extent SDSU) has been a very even and competitive league.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I just thought by being the new guys it would be hard. I do worry after they lose 2 really good seniors what will happen. Grius will be fine but boots and nimrod and tecker are not able to fill in what they lose from westbrook and krogman.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      I thought at the beginning of the season that USD would be a middle-of-the-pack Summit League team. So in that respect I guess you could say that from my point of view they have underperformed my expectations. But then, I think the Summit top to bottom has turned out to be somewhat stronger and except at the very top (ORU and to a lesser extent SDSU) has been a very even and competitive league.
                      I should have clarified. Once the season began and the Yotes were playing poorly, I didn't think they would win many games. Before the season started, I also thought they would be lower middle of the pack.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        I just thought by being the new guys it would be hard. I do worry after they lose 2 really good seniors what will happen. Grius will be fine but boots and nimrod and tecker are not able to fill in what they lose from westbrook and krogman.
                        Although Boots can be congratulated for doing a good job through transition, last year's team was better than this years, and next year's should be worse. I'm also disappointed that the crowd at the Bison game was so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                          Although Boots can be congratulated for doing a good job through transition, last year's team was better than this years, and next year's should be worse. I'm also disappointed that the crowd at the Bison game was so bad.
                          And I should clarify more. Boots is the reason they have had winning seasons. Why they will steuggle is not from boots but from a small school in a small town with a horrible facility and bad fan support except for 1 game. Boots has had a lot going against him and its only going to get harder imo for usd. I think it will take them longer to get to the top half of the league. For the next couple years I see oakland sdsu and ndsu being the 3 who consistantly are top half while the other school struggle some years and good years other and usd being down more years then up.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

As a life long Jackrabbit fan and supporter, I don't like saying this, but last week, Coach Boots took us to the wood shed!

I have never met the man but I would be proud to shake his hand.

Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              As a life long Jackrabbit fan and supporter, I don't like saying this, but last week, Coach Boots took us to the wood shed!

Go Jacks!!
                              I've met him and was proud to shake his hand. I talked to Jeremy Hoeck after the game and told him to credit Boots with that win.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post

Go Jacks!!
                                That's a good point. The weave offense that he put in for this game was great. Slow it down and it worked well. Boots came up with a great game-plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X