Dave Boots 1st losing season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dave Boots 1st losing season

If Mike Ditka gets hired as a special assitant for the final 7 games they might run the table.
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
      If Mike Ditka gets hired as a special assitant for the final 7 games they might run the table.
      And Chuck Norris signs up as PG.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        IDK if you are being sarcastic or not, but USD is not eligible for the conference tournament. So even if jesus christ comes down and suits up for the Yotes and they win 7 games in a row they won't be eligible.
        I've heard JC can't go to his left,so I don't think he would make that much of a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
          The Yotes could still finish at .500, granted not likely. Currently sit at 7 - 14 on the season and have 7 remaining games, of which 6 are at home in the Dome.
          Oh you are right, I forgot about their Bracket Buster game. They could go .500 - so they can't have a winning season, but we will have to wait for one more loss before the streak is officially over.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            I've heard JC can't go to his left,so I don't think he would make that much of a difference.
            He travels a lot, too, but the refs think he walks on water so he never gets called on anything.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
              IDK if you are being sarcastic or not, but USD is not eligible for the conference tournament. So even if jesus christ comes down and suits up for the Yotes and they win 7 games in a row they won't be eligible.
              Well tebow has some free time in the offseason. He couldn't hurt their chances any probably help make some wicked finishes.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                He travels a lot, too, but the refs think he walks on water so he never gets called on anything.
                The nail holes in his hands have really affected his shooting. And his lateral footwork isn't the same, either.

Okay.... I'm going to Hell for that one.
                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  I'd be shocked if he doesn't retire within the next 2 seasons. I have no inside information, just a feeling.
                  I have limited inside information and I believe this will be the case. Anyone that didn't expect exactly what has happened to happen has not been paying attention.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                    The Yotes could still finish at .500, granted not likely. Currently sit at 7 - 14 on the season and have 7 remaining games, of which 6 are at home in the Dome.
                    Statements like this, even when in jest, suggest that there isn't a realistic view of what should be expected during transition. 10 wins would be monumental in my estimation. Waiting for a tweet about that.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      I have limited inside information and I believe this will be the case. Anyone that didn't expect exactly what has happened to happen has not been paying attention.
                      How old is Boots?

Comment

I don't know much about Boots' tenure at USD. I'd say that coaching that long at one place and not having a losing season is pretty impressive.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                          I don't know much about Boots' tenure at USD. I'd say that coaching that long at one place and not having a losing season is pretty impressive.
                          Some of it was a weak non conference schedule, but he usually put together teams that competed for NCC titles.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I met Coach Boots several years ago when he first came to U. He stopped by my office and was soliciting donations. I told him I was an SDSU alum and supported my alma mater. He was a gentleman and thanked me for supporting a conference school (then the NCC). Then AD Jack Doyle had to give me a deep jab, but Boots was very good about my response. I have always respected him since. I always appreciated the way he coached and always coached the players the entire game. I have watched a couple of their games this year, and especially the SDSU v. U. game, and it just did not appear he has the drive inside anymore. Can't say that I blame him for having to go through the transition at this point in his career.

Comment

I'm anxious to read Stu's scathing breakdown, in depth analysis and recomendation for coaching accountability within the ranks of the University's MBB Program. "605 needs change" - I can hardly wait for it.........wait for it........

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                                How old is Boots?
                                According to his bio on the home page for USD, he would be about 55 years old. It does not give his DOB, but since he was a 1979 grad of Augsburg College and age 22, add 33 years to that and he is roughly 55 according to may caluclations. Young enough to continue on but at the age where doing something else lookings appealing.

Comment

Working...
                                X