Clear All

• Re: In other scores . . .

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    We stunk it up.
    Yeah that happens. It happened to SDSU in Vermillion like two weeks ago
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

No credit to USD's opponent?That was a high-scoring game!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Correction: Our defense stunk it up. Down 12 with 4 minutes to go, take the lead with 14 seconds, get a bush league call and they beat us. As bad as the call was it never should have gotten to that point. We were out coached

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          Yes, they deserve all the credit. Point well taken.

Comment

Correction: Our defense stunk it up. Down 12 with 4 minutes to go, take the lead with 14 seconds, get a bush league call and they beat us. As bad as the call was it never should have gotten to that point. We were out coached
            A bush league call? Please explain. Seriously what were the details? Also what was the final? I guess I could go to the Argus/USD sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              A bush league call? Please explain. Seriously what were the details? Also what was the final? I guess I could go to the Argus/USD sites.
              I don't know the details, but one of my USD friends whose opinion I actually trust was complaining about the call as well. (Which is not to imply that I do not trust YFE's opinion, just that I have many USD friends who do not know anything about basketball.)
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I've found that many people that think they know much about basketball don't. It is an easy game to watch and a difficult game to understand from watching.
                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  I don't know the details, but one of my USD friends whose opinion I actually trust was complaining about the call as well. (Which is not to imply that I do not trust YFE's opinion, just that I have many USD friends who do not know anything about basketball.)
                  Subsequent to this post I read Mick Garry's game story, and here is what he said about a call:

The Coyotes overcame a 12-point deficit in the last 3:41 to take a 92-91 lead on a Krogman three-point play with 14 seconds left, but the Bobcats answered when Brooks Ybarra attracted a foul call while dribbling on a drive to the basket. His free throws with four seconds left gave the Bobcats (11-15) the lead again and Krogman’s 3-pointer at the buzzer, delivered from 25 feet, hit the front of the rim and bounced away.

I would have to see the video to see if the foul was legit, apparently the refs thought so as they called it. Give the Yotes credit, they fought hard against a team that has a little better record. Maybe the SDSU win put life into this team.

Comment

Bad foul or not, must have been a heck of a emotions swing for Louie. Hero to goat in about 14 seconds. Too bad, looks like he had a great game.
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I watched the last couple minutes. That call wasn't any worse than the foul called on T.S. about 10 seconds before that,which resulted in a Yote 3 point play. Obviously USD won't mention that one.

Comment

I really, REALLY wanted the Summit League to go 5-5 or better in Bracketbusters. The league went 4-6. We (as a league) have to do better, if we want the respect we think we should have.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          I really, REALLY wanted the Summit League to go 5-5 or better in Bracketbusters. The league went 4-6. We (as a league) have to do better, if we want the respect we think we should have.
                          I keep telling myself that its ok since the top 3 teams all won but I'm still disappointed. If Oakland could have held on against Illinois State that would have helped alot.

Comment

I looked at the match ups prior and thought we'd go 5-5. I got all the games correct except the SUU game. The conference results:

Big West 0-1
                            Horizon 0-1
                            MAC 3-0
                            MVC 0-2
                            OVC 0-1
                            Southland 1-1

Would have traded that IUPUI win against the Southland for a win against the MVC or Horizon. Always next year I guess.

Comment

Found out something interesting tonight at the womens ORU v OU game from the Oakland Athletic Director. The Summit League has no policy on the home team allowing the visiting team to do a shoot around when they come to town. He said every time they go to North Dakota State there is usually a track practice going on or they have the batting cages out and don't let them have a shoot around. Other schools use this is a muti-purpose building and we need it for that not for you. Also said Brittany Carnago was out for three weeks to have her gall bladder out and they also found she had an enlarged liver or something like that. Didn't play too bad in the loss against ORU.

Comment

Did I read something somewhere about a USD redshirt getting in a scuffle with a Texas St. assistant coach during the handshake line?
                                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                                X