NDSU Men BB trouble with Moorhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU Men BB trouble with Moorhead

After seeing Moorhead tonight and thinking about the players who returned for NDSU,...I wouldn't count out Moorhead if they had a return visit to NDSU. That win the other night wasn't a fluke or a surprise and certainly doesn't fit the definition of an athletic "upset".

Comment

I don't know, they shot out of their minds from 3. I think that's a little fluke-y.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Watching over the Internet, I was impressed with Moorhead as well. They reminded me a lot of Southern Utah, actually.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

NDSU's Carlson (he's played well against SDSU) ended up with a broken jaw during the NDSU v MSUM game. He continued to play -- must not have been diagnosed until the game was concluded. Its being reported he may be out a month.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            I don't know, they shot out of their minds from 3. I think that's a little fluke-y.
            Moorhead has some shooters. They demonstrated that right from the start in last night's game. BUT, we started defending better and it's amazing what defense can do to one team's shooting percentage! (No question though, Moorhead was red hot against NDSU but you have to wonder where were the defenders in that game.)

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              NDSU's Carlson (he's played well against SDSU) ended up with a broken jaw during the NDSU v MSUM game. He continued to play -- must not have been diagnosed until the game was concluded. Its being reported he may be out a month.
              Here is the link to Fargo Forum story. It appears this years Bison team was being built around Carlson, so its a bit of a blow.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article.../group/Sports/

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                We have had avg shooting teams come into frost and light it up so its something as fans we have witnessed before. fluke or not. just clad it was NDSU and luckily it was exibihition.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  We have had avg shooting teams come into frost and light it up so its something as fans we have witnessed before. fluke or not. just clad it was NDSU and luckily it was exibihition.
                  Don't remind me. Last night showed that for some reason we don't shoot nearly as well as other teams in our place. Perhaps it is perception and not reality but it seems to me other teams shoot much better from 3 at Frost than we do. Anyone have statistics?
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Here is the link to Fargo Forum story. It appears this years Bison team was being built around Carlson, so its a bit of a blow.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article.../group/Sports/
                    The team isn't built around Carlson, honestly I don't know what the team is built around yet. Lots of new pieces coming together, I think Saul is looking for Wright and Braun to step up. Carlson spent half of last year in Saul's doghouse.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      Don't remind me. Last night showed that for some reason we don't shoot nearly as well as other teams in our place. Perhaps it is perception and not reality but it seems to me other teams shoot much better from 3 at Frost than we do. Anyone have statistics?
                      I would guess its really just those couple games a year where it seems glaringly obvious. but I have felt that why to other teams shoot well here and we consistantly dont. I am going to blame it on the baskets and say we would shoot better if they used the old style hanging baskets. I am just kidding, but seriously.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                        The team isn't built around Carlson, honestly I don't know what the team is built around yet. Lots of new pieces coming together, I think Saul is looking for Wright and Braun to step up. Carlson spent half of last year in Saul's doghouse.
                        Hopefully for SDSUs sake its built around Lundberg.

Comment

I guess exhibition games don't mean all that much.... Bison beat San Francisco 73-65.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                            I guess exhibition games don't mean all that much.... Bison beat San Francisco 73-65.
                            San WHO??

"Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                              San WHO??

I think the last time San Fran had a winning season was when Bill Russell played for them

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                I think the last time San Fran had a winning season was when Bill Russell played for them
                                Hold on big, I was listening to KFGO at half time during the fb game and they said SF was 10 and 4 last year with 4 starters back so it might be a quality win.

Comment

Working...
                                X