Summit League Preseason Previews/Polls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League Preseason Previews/Polls

Jordan had better stats his freshman year then nate did his. Both had good players and experience around um. Jordan shot over 50% on 3s nate was 38% other stats were very similar. Once jordan gets 30 minutes agame he will lead the team in scoring and rebounding and blocks. Nate will lead in assists steals and free throws.

I hate to bring facts into it but the way freshman stats compare the edge goes to jordan.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Comparing stats between a point guard and a post are like comparing apples and oranges. There have been many really good teams that don't have a great post player,but very few that don't have a great point. Nate has consistently proven that he can make his team better - Jordan certainly has that potential,but needs to prove he can consistently do it over the long haul.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Comparing stats between a point guard and a post are like comparing apples and oranges. There have been many really good teams that don't have a great post player,but very few that don't have a great point. Nate has consistently proven that he can make his team better - Jordan certainly has that potential,but needs to prove he can consistently do it over the long haul.
        I would agree. We should be gratiful that both Walters and Dykstra are getting preseaon recognition after what our football team got during the preseason media blitz. We got no recognition and this guy Hunt, predicted we would finish 8th in the MVFC. So the more recognition we get, the better. Both are leaders that we can agree and they play different roles. Rep pts give to BigTicket.

Comment

Stats are stats, everyone plays the same rules on the same court. Stats are there to measure how players perform. They dont measure heart, attitude and the like. Nate obviously has those, Jordan still has a higher cieling to improve then nate IMO. Obviously they play different positions, but Jordans scoring potential and FG and 3pt% too me indicate that if he gets as many shots as nate, his scoring will be a bit higher. SDSU has had a lot of talented guards in the last 10-15 years. We have had some decent posts, but who is the last with the skill set of Jordan. I can't think of anyone. I don't want to down play nate, he will be tough to replace in a few years, but guards are not a problem for SDSU recruiting. Jordan will be a bigger loss IMO because of his abilities no one else on the team has. I guess I am alone on this but from where they started to where they finish will both be amazing players. I think that is the most important part of the whole equation.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
            I'm hoping that in 2 years Dykstra will be outscoring Wolters.
            In 2 years Nate will be gone. I'm putting my money on Dykstra outscoring him too.

Comment

Stats are stats but they don't prove who is the better player. Kareem had more career points than anyone, but is he a top 5 NBA player all time? No.

Also, Jordan got to play with Nate his freshman year. During his freshman year, Nate got help from....

Years from now I will think back and Nate will still be the best basketball player I have ever watched. And I'm not trying to take a single thing from Dykstra; he is an absolute beast and a hell of a player. I just think you're underestimating the impact that playing with a player like Nate has on his statistics.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                Stats are stats but they don't prove who is the better player. Kareem had more career points than anyone, but is he a top 5 NBA player all time? No.

Also, Jordan got to play with Nate his freshman year. During his freshman year, Nate got help from....

Years from now I will think back and Nate will still be the best basketball player I have ever watched. And I'm not trying to take a single thing from Dykstra; he is an absolute beast and a hell of a player. I just think you're underestimating the impact that playing with a player like Nate has on his statistics.
                Oh, so Kai, and Garret Nates freshman year dont count as good players? Nate totally benefitted from them. No denying that. Both came to a team that had good senior players. Jordan surely made nate better as nate made jordan better. Nate got help from a some great 3pt shooters on the team. Really helps to open stuff up for him too. So dont act like nate single handledly did it all. He did great for sure, but he had help too both his years. The last post player that wowed me was Matt Jones. We have had guys who can drive the ball and shoot FTs and such Hansen and Moeller etc. I will look back and think Jordan was the most unique player state has had that I have seen. You are also underestaming Jordans skills he brings that benefit Nate.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  You are also underestaming Jordans skills he brings that benefit Nate.
                  Nope.

Comment

Nagy recently said that Nate is the best player he has ever coached, that he is pretty much a once-in-a-lifetime coach's dream. I'll take him at his word.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Uggh....I can't believe I continued to read all of those. I know everyone wants to be the one "who said it". I'm just glad we have both Nate and Dykstra. Stats schmatz I just want them to take us to the Never-promised land! You may continue arguing......
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                        Uggh....I can't believe I continued to read all of those. I know everyone wants to be the one "who said it". I'm just glad we have both Nate and Dykstra. Stats schmatz I just want them to take us to the Never-promised land! You may continue arguing......
                        Thanks for your permission. For future reference, I'll make sure to consult you before every one of my posts.

I thought the "argument" was cordial and in good spirit. We all realize that they are both good players. But again, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          Thanks for your permission. For future reference, I'll make sure to consult you before every one of my posts.

I thought the "argument" was cordial and in good spirit. We all realize that they are both good players. But again, thanks.
                          Yeah it was more debating points of view. RO does seem to be a master debater.

either way its a fun discussion to have compared to previous years discussing the basketball team.

With these 2 and the rest of the guys I like our chances to get better this year.

Comment

One thing that Jordan needs to work on is staying out of foul trouble. With the lack of big man depth ,he needs to play 30 + minutes as opposed to the 20 he played last season. Having a year under his belt should help.

Comment

One thing that Jordan needs to work on is staying out of foul trouble. With the lack of big man depth ,he needs to play 30 + minutes as opposed to the 20 he played last season. Having a year under his belt should help.
                              IMO Marcus needs to aviod foul trouble to give Jordan time to rest and to also keep more height on the floor more often.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                either way its a fun discussion to have compared to previous years discussing the basketball team. With these 2 and the rest of the guys I like our chances to get better this year.
                                Exactly. It's great that we can have discussions of this nature, which of our studs is better, instead of something like "another 20 loss season?!?!?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X