X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League tournament bids....

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    Quote from Argus Leader

"The Sioux Falls bid was put together by the sports authority and South Dakota State - they'll serve as co-hosts as they have in each of the past three years. Those groups have helped the Summit League set the top three total attendance marks in its 29-year history, while generating more than $1 million in economic impact annually."

That is exactly why as a Coyote Fan I will not be attending a game at the tourney next year and perhaps after that. The Sioux Falls sports authority proving that they aren't pro South Dakota, just pro South Dakota State. USD is an outsider at a tourney that is 50 miles from their campus but certainly not considered a partner with the Sioux Falls Sports Authority. Really not very surprising. Reason why USD should have gone to the Big Sky all along.
    USD is not part of the partnership because as in the past they are not a full fledge member yet and SDSU is and acting as the host school. You need to take a deep breath and relax. USD has had nothing to do with the last bids and did not with this one. In future bids when they are actually playing as a full impact member in all sports this might be the case but until then they will not play a part in the bid. What role do you think USD has played in the last three years or even this years tourney? Nada and they will not for the next couple of years. Just go enjoy the great basketball and quit reading so deep into everything.

Comment

Quote from Argus Leader

"The Sioux Falls bid was put together by the sports authority and South Dakota State - they'll serve as co-hosts as they have in each of the past three years. Those groups have helped the Summit League set the top three total attendance marks in its 29-year history, while generating more than $1 million in economic impact annually."

That is exactly why as a Coyote Fan I will not be attending a game at the tourney next year and perhaps after that. The Sioux Falls sports authority proving that they aren't pro South Dakota, just pro South Dakota State. USD is an outsider at a tourney that is 50 miles from their campus but certainly not considered a partner with the Sioux Falls Sports Authority. Really not very surprising. Reason why USD should have gone to the Big Sky all along.
      Oh just because USD went D1 they are entitled to all the rights and privileges automatically. Funny how it does not work that way.
      USD like yourself has to do some time in the trenches.
      Last edited by Nidaros; 06-22-2011, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Quote from Argus Leader

Sounds like someone's feelings are hurt- it's time to call the waahmbulance !

Comment

Quote from Argus Leader

Oh no...you aren't going? Maybe someone out there should notify the Summit League of this because I'm concerned we won't be able to find another fan to fill that seat this person was going to occupy.

Comment

Damn, missing out on that one dillusional USD fan will probably keep us from continuing to set conference attendence records. What a shame.

Come on USD, get some perspective.

Comment

Quote from Argus Leader

That's the spirit! So, by not attending and possibly hurting the chances of the tourney staying in Sioux Falls you are helping the Yotes out by???? You have to start at the bottom and work your way up. Just keep chasing the Rabbit and everything will turn out just fine! That's right, you can thank SDSU for giving the Yotes the opportunity to play in the conference tournament so close to your campus. Put on your USD skirt and attend the games for the love of your school, the love of college athletics, and the fact we get to host such a great event so close to home.

Would you really rather travel great distance to Tulsa? The entitlement some of the Yote fans feel is due just amazes me!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

The only thing Coyote Fan has in common with real coyote fans is his message board name. He is kind of our version of a sedated Lakes Bison, I am glad Sioux Falls kept the tournament for 2013 & 2014, irregardless of who the host is.

I am guessing Omaha will put in a very competitive bid starting in 2015. It won't be the event it is in Sioux Falls, but Omaha has better facilities and much better air connections. Omaha is also closer to ORU & UMKC and still a reasonable drive for USD & SDSU.
                USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  Damn, missing out on that one dillusional USD fan will probably keep us from continuing to set conference attendence records. What a shame.

Come on CoyoteFan, get some perspective.
                  Fixed.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                    The only thing Coyote Fan has in common with real coyote fans is his message board name. He is kind of our version of a sedated Lakes Bison, I am glad Sioux Falls kept the tournament for 2013 & 2014, irregardless of who the host is.

I am guessing Omaha will put in a very competitive bid starting in 2015. It won't be the event it is in Sioux Falls, but Omaha has better facilities and much better air connections. Omaha is also closer to ORU & UMKC and still a reasonable drive for USD & SDSU.
                    Omaha and Tulsa are both going to make very strong bids for 2015. Sioux Falls will put their best foot forward as well. It will likely come down to politics with cash playing the biggest factor. How many allies will each place have?

For now, I'm celebrating the fact that I can attend almost every game of a DI conference championship without missing much time at work and for little to nothing and watch the Jackrabbits play in it. 10 years ago that wasn't much more than a dream. I'm going to enjoy the next 3 years and try to do everything I can to keep the tourney in Sioux Falls.

That said, if it moves to Omaha or Tulsa I'll make those trips as well. Might be a nice change of scenery.

As for USD, I don't think they necessarily need or want the burden of hosting the event until they have the staff in place to make it happen. My understanding is that is still a work in progress.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Will UNO be eligible for the NCAA in 2015? They start in '11 (so this upcoming season is their "nobody wants 'em" season). I hope that all the Summit schools do try to schedule at least a game with the Mavs.

CONGRATS TO SIOUX FALLS!! Good news for SDSU and USD fans!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Omaha and Tulsa are both going to make very strong bids for 2015. Sioux Falls will put their best foot forward as well. It will likely come down to politics with cash playing the biggest factor. How many allies will each place have?

For now, I'm celebrating the fact that I can attend almost every game of a DI conference championship without missing much time at work and for little to nothing and watch the Jackrabbits play in it. 10 years ago that wasn't much more than a dream. I'm going to enjoy the next 3 years and try to do everything I can to keep the tourney in Sioux Falls.

That said, if it moves to Omaha or Tulsa I'll make those trips as well. Might be a nice change of scenery.

As for USD, I don't think they necessarily need or want the burden of hosting the event until they have the staff in place to make it happen. My understanding is that is still a work in progress.
                        If cash will be the most important factor,Sioux Falls will be nearly impossible to beat for 2015 and beyond. USD becoming tournament eligible will result in attendance that no other location will be able to match. And corporate sponsorships should remain high,as this is a "big deal" for Sioux Falls,while not so much in Omaha or Tulsa. The main thing that could hurt Sioux Falls is if the competitive advantage for SDSU (and USD down the road) becomes enough of a factor to get the other schools to want a change,regardless of economics.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          If cash will be the most important factor,Sioux Falls will be nearly impossible to beat for 2015 and beyond. USD becoming tournament eligible will result in attendance that no other location will be able to match. And corporate sponsorships should remain high,as this is a "big deal" for Sioux Falls,while not so much in Omaha or Tulsa. The main thing that could hurt Sioux Falls is if the competitive advantage for SDSU (and USD down the road) becomes enough of a factor to get the other schools to want a change,regardless of economics.
                          Exactly what I mean by politics and cash. It will be a combination of both. I'm not going to speculate or worry about it.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            People would travel to Omaha in droves... just saying

Comment

I would think UNO's attendence record through the transistion period and their win loss record would be factors to consider. Both based on D2 days do not match up with SDSU nor USD. Omaha may get the bid, but the attendence might be the droves from SD that attendence that leeshjo reffered to and zip from the people in Omaha. Just saying...

Comment

Quote from Argus Leader

I'm going to say that you didn't mean to send this or else you were high when you typed this... wtf CF?
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X