Summit League tournament bids....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit League tournament bids....

i could have easily missed it, but, has there been any news on future sites for the Summit? i know SF's has it for next year---but, after that?

Re: Summit League tournament bids....

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
    i could have easily missed it, but, has there been any news on future sites for the Summit? i know SF's has it for next year---but, after that?

Will they decide that in May? For some reason thats what i was thinking but i may be way off.

Comment

It looks like the current contract was announced on June 23, 2009

Comment

http://www.keloland.com/News/NewsDet....cfm?Id=111777

Bids are due May 14th with the bid to be announced in July

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          http://www.keloland.com/News/NewsDet....cfm?Id=111777

Bids are due May 14th with the bid to be announced in July
          thanks for the reply.

Comment

According to TV's twitter--
            Just in: Tulsa confirms that it did NOT win the Summit League basketball tourney bid, meaning Sioux Falls will again host in 2013-14.
            Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

May we have a shiny new place in which to play said tournament.
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...0_Bixbys111155

If we dont get that shiny new place by 2015, im afraid Tulsa will win out.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...0_Bixbys111155

If we dont get that shiny new place by 2015, im afraid Tulsa will win out.
                  Yeah I think from reading the tea leafs coming from everything it was a lot closer this time.

Comment

I'm thinking when USD finishes its transition and qualifies, we better have that shiny new place or it's gonna be damn tough to find a seat for the other teams' fans.
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Of course, when the women's championship appears on national TV (if you can call ESPNU national TV) with 250 SDSU fans in the lower bowl and not much else; when the tournament merits two column inches on the 4th page of the Tulsa Herald's sports page and none of the games are broadcast, the Summit may realize that 3 out of 4 ain't bad in Sioux Falls (TV, sponsorship, ticket sales, facility).

Comment

yeah but when the Mens game shows up on real national television with 2K in it and the place looks like it should be condemned how does it look. Even full the Arena doesn't look good.

Comment

If ORU's not in the title game, they won't even have 2k at the men's title game. SF has the top 3 attendance records, the top three sponsorship records, the best TV package, the most comprehensive media coverage, and an atrocious facility. Three out of four..........................

Comment

Quote from Argus Leader

"The Sioux Falls bid was put together by the sports authority and South Dakota State - they'll serve as co-hosts as they have in each of the past three years. Those groups have helped the Summit League set the top three total attendance marks in its 29-year history, while generating more than $1 million in economic impact annually."

That is exactly why as a Coyote Fan I will not be attending a game at the tourney next year and perhaps after that. The Sioux Falls sports authority proving that they aren't pro South Dakota, just pro South Dakota State. USD is an outsider at a tourney that is 50 miles from their campus but certainly not considered a partner with the Sioux Falls Sports Authority. Really not very surprising. Reason why USD should have gone to the Big Sky all along.
                            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                              Quote from Argus Leader

"The Sioux Falls bid was put together by the sports authority and South Dakota State - they'll serve as co-hosts as they have in each of the past three years. Those groups have helped the Summit League set the top three total attendance marks in its 29-year history, while generating more than $1 million in economic impact annually."

That is exactly why as a Coyote Fan I will not be attending a game at the tourney next year and perhaps after that. The Sioux Falls sports authority proving that they aren't pro South Dakota, just pro South Dakota State. USD is an outsider at a tourney that is 50 miles from their campus but certainly not considered a partner with the Sioux Falls Sports Authority. Really not very surprising. Reason why USD should have gone to the Big Sky all along.

I doubt you'll be missed.

Comment

Working...
                              X