Oakland v texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oakland v texas

Somebody better quickly tell TX that if they lose this game their entire program is headed straight for the gutter. Stu says so....

Comment

Oakland loses but covers the spread!
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Texas 85, Oakland 81

Darn. Oakland needed to step on the gas a couple minutes earlier. Heckuva season for the Grizz. Summit League's rep wasn't hurt today.

Comment

Final TX 85, OU 81.

Came back, but from too far down.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            Oakland loses but covers the spread!
            did you make money?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
              did you make money?
              Yep. Was worried there for awhile. Hence my Oakland hate earlier in this thread
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                Final TX 85, OU 81.

Came back, but from too far down.
                Combination of a comeback and a big fade by TX. I should have taken Memphis to beat them in the 2nd round.

2 guys on each team with double-doubles. Benson and Hudson for OU. OU shot 29 3's and only made 7. TX had 8 blocks.

With that surge OU saved a little face for the SL.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Wow Tristan Thompson at 3" shorter than Benson worked him over. Blocked 3 of his shots (that I counted) straight up. Benson was spoiled in the Summit, those little shots were never contended. Texas pretty much used and abused OU in the lane the whole first half.

I was surprised to see Hamiton's line at 10-19 and 25 points. There was awhile there when he was completely out of control. He did get them back into it, though, and he had the 3 that was 3/4 of the way down and swirled back out when they were down 6 with under a minute to go. Needless to say, that would have been huge. Bader was pretty good in the first half and completely non-existent in the second. He couldn't even get off a 3. I think they blocked 3 of them. Texas had very good perimeter defense to contend most every 3 OU chucked up there.

Good fight to get back in it. I thought they were cooked when they got down 14. They looked completely beaten down and out. I thought I was drinking too much Summit kool-aid when I said they shouldn't have a problem keeping it inside of the 10 point line.

Nice game Grizzlies. Bad matchup.

Jacks turn next year.

Comment

So much for possibly the best Summitt League team ever. The Keith Benson era is over.

It would have been great to see them win over Texas. Can't stand the Longhorns!

Me thinks it would only be appropriate if the Jacks would be the first Summitt League team to get a W in the Big D!

This is the one part of the D1 transition that is tough for me. It is awesome to have the chance to be in the dance but the reality is that for a Summitt team to "make some noise" is highly unlikely as where at the D2 level it was possible. Not impossible though. Please don't get me wrong, I am all for the move and supported it before, during, and after transition. The focus needs to be winning the conference and the Big Dance is a bonus.

When the Jacks make it I will be there!!!

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                      Wow Tristan Thompson at 3" shorter than Benson worked him over. Blocked 3 of his shots (that I counted) straight up. Benson was spoiled in the Summit, those little shots were never contended. Texas pretty much used and abused OU in the lane the whole first half.

I was surprised to see Hamiton's line at 10-19 and 25 points. There was awhile there when he was completely out of control.
                      The last sentence of yours I quoted was probably the most fitting one. Perfect example was the end of the first half. Reggie was running down the court out of control and turns the ball over. Coach is yelling for him one shot. Some of the drives in the lane and throw the ball to a spot you are hoping someone would be were driving me crazy too.

Benson might have hurt his draft stock a little bit. He was getting pushed around pretty easily. I was really expecting him to dominate more with the size advantage. Badar I thought played a pretty good game (esp. from what I watched in the first half). I didn't like their idea to let the dribbler have a free path away from the lane. They kept getting burned on the drive each time. Oakland did fight back to make the game close at the end. Nice year Oakland.
                      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Combination of a comeback and a big fade by TX. I should have taken Memphis to beat them in the 2nd round.

2 guys on each team with double-doubles. Benson and Hudson for OU. OU shot 29 3's and only made 7. TX had 8 blocks.

With that surge OU saved a little face for the SL.
                        You mean Arizona. You should have picked Arizona to beat them.
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                        X