Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sutton Meltdown

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    And the Bison finally win a game because of the officiating?
    Don't see what you're getting at...It's only been 15 games since the WIU game where the ref called a foul on a Josh Vaughn 3 point shot (he made all 3) that sent the game to overtime and a Bison win. That call was FAR more questionable than last night's no-call at the end of the game.

Comment

I am trying to recall an incident here a year or two ago where a coach (Kampe ? ) followed the refs off the floor after the game and was stopped by the SDSU AD or someone else from the staff. I don't think a suspension was handed out in that case. I could be wrong,but I don't see a suspension handed out for Sutton,when even the Bison fans agree that the ref,who apparently has had problems with Sutton and wasn't supposed to be working ORU games,baited Sutton into the second technical. A fine maybe,but a suspension would surprise me.

Comment

Re: Ndsu 80, oru 74

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        Holy smoke. I'd like to see the postgame interview with him...does he even get to do post game? I bet an assistant does it for him, if he's that hot.
        Here's the post game audio from Sutton...

http://740thefan.com/uploads/Sutton%20RAW.mp3

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          I am trying to recall an incident here a year or two ago where a coach (Kampe ? ) followed the refs off the floor after the game and was stopped by the SDSU AD or someone else from the staff. I don't think a suspension was handed out in that case. I could be wrong,but I don't see a suspension handed out for Sutton,when even the Bison fans agree that the ref,who apparently has had problems with Sutton and wasn't supposed to be working ORU games,baited Sutton into the second technical. A fine maybe,but a suspension would surprise me.
          I did not think that the ref "baited" him into anything. Glaring at a coach is not antagonizing, imo. If the ref would have approached Sutton, I can see calling that baiting, but the ref stayed away and said nothing.

Comment

I would think NDSU fans would have sympathy for him, They are the only ones who get screwed from bad calls, so you would think they would not wish that misfortune against others. So in a way NDSU only won because of questionable officials.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
              I did not think that the ref "baited" him into anything. Glaring at a coach is not antagonizing, imo. If the ref would have approached Sutton, I can see calling that baiting, but the ref stayed away and said nothing.
              If he wouldn't have continued to stare at Sutton,would Sutton have reacted the way he did ? Who knows. Officials are there to monitor the entire game,not to focus on one particular coach or player. I have seen refs and umpires make situations worse by continuing confrontations when they should just walk away.

Comment

If he wouldn't have continued to stare at Sutton,would Sutton have reacted the way he did ? Who knows. Officials are there to monitor the entire game,not to focus on one particular coach or player. I have seen refs and umpires make situations worse by continuing confrontations when they should just walk away.
                I also find coaches when left with no other options result to kicking dirt on the shoes and then throw baseball equipment on the field will surely get the job done.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I listened to the postgame audio link above and thought he gave a pretty classy interview.

Any way we can get that ref lined up for tonight? Hehe.

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                    I listened to the postgame audio link above and thought he gave a pretty classy interview.

Any way we can get that ref lined up for tonight? Hehe.

SUPERBUNNY
                    Classy indeed, but you could hear the obvious stress and frustration in his voice. Certainly calm compared to what was described on the court.

Comment

I am trying to recall an incident here a year or two ago where a coach (Kampe ? ) followed the refs off the floor after the game and was stopped by the SDSU AD or someone else from the staff....
                      I was at that game and the whole scene was amazing and very entertaining. But, I, too, cannot recall the coach. Something in my bad memory tells me it wasn't Kampe (I'm a Kampe fan...he's great for the game/conference/Frost attendance etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post

I MIGHT agree with you if coach and ref did not have a history. Ref should have walked away. Glaring in that circumstance sure sounds like baiting to me, as in, "gotcha again, what are you going to do about it?"
                        Can't help but point out how one can only wonder at the outrage that would still be eminating in Fargo had the shoe been on the other proverbial foot. Next time your fellow Bizun Buddies start harping on officiating, remind 'em of this.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          I was at that game and the whole scene was amazing and very entertaining. But, I, too, cannot recall the coach. Something in my bad memory tells me it wasn't Kampe (I'm a Kampe fan...he's great for the game/conference/Frost attendance etc.)
                          I recall it, it was Kampe, and he was stopped by Kristi Williams. He went and shook hands very quickly with Nagy and then took off after the refs.
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                            I recall it, it was Kampe, and he was stopped by Kristi Williams. He went and shook hands very quickly with Nagy and then took off after the refs.
                            Christi was there in support but it was our associate AD - Development Mike Burgers who put his hand on Kampe's chest to stop him. Quite the scene that shouldn't have gone unpunished but it did. Sutton's 2 Ts...I can' live with that. It is going to happen occasionnally.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                              Christi was there in support but it was our associate AD - Development Mike Burgers who put his hand on Kampe's chest to stop him. Quite the scene that shouldn't have gone unpunished but it did. Sutton's 2 Ts...I can' live with that. It is going to happen occasionnally.
                              Just to make it 3 for 3, I was going to the men's room at the same time that happened, and it was Kampe and it was Mike Burgers who stopped him as Kampe was trying to chase the referees in to their half-time quarters.

Comment

Working...
                              X